Rams@Cardinals Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I have long hair in spirit.
Had long hair for 20+ years, actually. Been in hundreds of mosh pits too.
But now .... just old.

Your generation of long hairs was a fashion statement, ... a generation earlier it was a symbol of rebellion, you know, a true rage against the machine, ... a liberal counterculture movement, REAL war & civil rights protesters, yippies, hippies & artists, not conservatives or wannabe's looking to get laid. Many were natural descendants from the 50's 'beat' generation, others found their way thru music and the peace movement. The reality of politics & Capitalism crushed what many of these now oldsters believe would have lead to a kind of utopian new-world order, but anyone who studies history must admit that the 60's changed everything in America, the U.K. and the West forever, ... and very much for the better.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Your generation of long hairs was a fashion statement, ... a generation earlier it was a symbol of rebellion, you know, a true rage against the machine, ... a liberal counterculture movement, REAL war & civil rights protesters, yippies, hippies & artists, not conservatives or wannabe's looking to get laid. Many were natural descendants from the 50's 'beat' generation, others found their way thru music and the peace movement. The reality of politics & Capitalism crushed what many of these now oldsters believe would have lead to a kind of utopian new-world order, but anyone who studies history must admit that the 60's changed everything in America, the U.K. and the West forever, ... and very much for the better.
Not really. I wore long hair because i was into metal and identified with that sub-culture.
It was NOT a well-received fashion statement in my high school. Hell, not even on my own football team.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Consider this: for not one, not two, but three weeks in a row, in the 4th quarter of tight games, both our offense and defense have made critical plays to help us win. And throw in special teams today with Austin's big return.

And consider this too: while the offense isn't anywhere close to what we want it to be, I think it's safe to say it's significantly better than it was for long stretches of last season. When our offense does just enough, it helps our defense, and when our defense gets help from the offense they are lights motherf**king out.

Do not pass go.

Do not collect $200.

Do not f**k with the MIGHTY Los Angeles Rams, baby.

Last edited:

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
That's good to hear. Davis seems like he's a nice guy, he just goes on and on and on between snaps. Wears me out.
He and Brennan (sp), actually called a good game.
I was pleased with preperation and neutrality. They knew both teams fairly well.
It was nice to see someone call a game and actually know about the players on the field. These guys didn't phone it in today.
ats good

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

Dude, I had long hair just as long as X.. I grew up in the 70's so please don't preach. lolol Wow. Nixon got nailed for less than Hillary has done. Screw you all. lolol The 60's didn't change stuff for the better. See Maggie Thatcher running the UK in the 80's. She got them back to not being bankrupt..

Ram65

Legend
I like Davis but he is a chattie. Gotta make plays to help the offense.
Rams made enough plays. Quick, TA, Gurley, Britt, Kendricks and Case Keenum made plays!
Defense made plays too! Really didn't think they would bring this one in for the win. Nice to ne 3-1!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not really. I wore long hair because i was into metal and identified with that sub-culture.
It was NOT a well-received fashion statement in my high school. Hell, not even on my own football team.
Yes, and for those metal head bands, the longhair was a fashion statement which descended from the long haired rockers which were their predecessors. Nothing against the younger generation long hairs, they had their own statement to make, but they were more how rock evolved fashion, not intellectual culture so much. Punk did more to bend cultural awareness than heavy metal imo, not that it didn't have its place. Metal may have been kind of a transition period between the peaceful urges of 60's progressive rock, and prior to much of the rage of Punk. The great thing now is that so much epic music is available at one time for us, although some will face the test of time better than others.

Last edited:

Big Game

Living The Dream
Great Win I'm so pumped I'll be at the game next weekend vs the Bills. This work week is gonna take forever. Flying in to Vegas Friday night driving up to LA Sunday morning coming back to the Lou Tuesday with my Rams 4-1 #CantWait (y):yay::yess::boxing::mrburnsevil::football:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Dude, I had long hair just as long as X.. I grew up in the 70's so please don't preach. lolol Wow. Nixon got nailed for less than Hillary has done. Screw you all. lolol The 60's didn't change stuff for the better. See Maggie Thatcher running the UK in the 80's. She got them back to not being bankrupt..

Not preaching, just telling it like it is. We went from a rather conservative utopian 'Leave it to Beaver', 'Father knows Best' culture to a far more questioning generation of citizens who rightfully demanded honest answers when it appeared government and 'leadership' expected everyone to fall in line.

I'm not going to get political here, it's not the place, but I strongly disagree with your take on some of the names you have thrown out, not that any of them has anything to do with 'long-haired' culture during our life-times.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Walking out of work like:
giphy.gif

WE WON!!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Lol at all the die hard Cards fans emptying the nest when the game wasn't yet decided. Shameful display...but amusing.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Consider this: for not one, not two, but three weeks in a row, in the 4th quarter of tight games, both our offense and defense have made critical plays to help us win. And throw in special teams today with Austin's big return.

And consider this too: while the offense isn't anywhere close to what we want it to be, I think it's safe to say it's significantly better than it was for long stretches of last season. When our offense does just enough, it helps our defense, and when our defense gets help from the offense they are lights motherf**king out.

Do not pass go.

Do not collect $200.

Do not f**k with the MIGHTY Los Angeles Rams, baby.
Yes, but let's be real. It's the dominant D which is really winning, in spite of still being put backs to the wall the whole game. The O is at least coming through part time with lots of missed opportunites. If the O ever gets to the level of the D we will run the table.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Fun Fact: The Rams are undefeated when they've scored 1 or more points this year.
(Stolen from facebook, but too good not to share!)