Rams Camp & Preseason Preview: 11 Things To Watch (101ESPN)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

1. Who’s the Backup QB?

A season ago, Kellen Clemens held the backup quarterback role for a second consecutive campaign. Considering that Clemens was a veteran of new offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer’s system and that his competitor for the job was a rookie, Clemens seemed to have the inside track all along for the No. 2 role.

Most onlookers, however, would admit that then-rookie Austin Davis – an intriguing and athletic quarterback who broke several of Brett Favre’s records at Southern Mississippi – largely outperformed Clemens during camp and in preseason play.

Davis seems to have that “it” factor about him and the St. Louis coaching staff likes his pedigree, poise and all-around game. Expect Davis to push Clemens hard for the No. 2 job, and head coach Jeff Fisher alluded to the likelihood that Davis would take over the backup duties this fall.

2. Will the Passing Game Really Open Up Significantly?

We can label the organization’s offseason work to revamp the passing game as “Extreme Makeover: Rams Edition.”

(Hope you guys will enjoy the full read below. Looking forward to camp and the season. Thanks for all the support as well, ROD!)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/07/24/rams-training-camp-and-preseason-preview-11-things-to-watch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/07/24/ram ... -to-watch/</a>

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Re: Rams Camp & Preseason Preview: 11 Things To Watch (101ES

That was a good read. Finally something new after the same old "this is Sam's last year to 'show it' no more excuses garbage.

RustyRay

Rookie

Thanks for posting Shane.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Summed up the various areas of concern/interest very well as usual Shane. We all appreciate the high quality content you post here on a regular basis. Have a great weekend working (hint hint) weekend and we're all looking forward to reading your future training camp articles. Among other things.

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Angry Ram said:
That was a good read. Finally something new after the same old "this is Sam's last year to 'show it' no more excuses garbage.

Big thanks!

ShaneG

Starter

RustyRay said:
Thanks for posting Shane.

You got it.. thanks for the kind words, Ray.

ShaneG

Starter

albefree69 said:
Summed up the various areas of concern/interest very well as usual Shane. We all appreciate the high quality content you post here on a regular basis. Have a great weekend working (hint hint) weekend and we're all looking forward to reading your future training camp articles. Among other things.

Thanks your comments are always much appreciated. I will be enjoying working :bg: as you suggest. Thanks again my friend.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

ShaneG said:
albefree69 said:

Thanks your comments are always much appreciated. I will be enjoying working :bg: as you suggest. Thanks again my friend.

Thanks for the post Shane.
Good read.

ShaneG

Starter

Rambitious1 said:
ShaneG said:
albefree69 said:

Thanks for the post Shane.
Good read.

Big thanks... I appreciate it.