Rams' busy day goes beyond trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams' busy day goes beyond trade
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/13121/rams-busy-day-goes-beyond-trade

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- With injuries piling up, the St. Louis Rams did more roster shuffling than their trade for safety Mark Barron on Tuesday.

It was a busy day at Rams Park as the Rams made a series of tweaks to their active roster and their practice squad.

Most noteworthy was the expected move to place left tackle Jake Long on injured reserve after he suffered a second ACL tear in as many seasons in Sunday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs. To replace him, the Rams promoted linebacker Korey Toomer from the practice squad. Toomer just signed with the Rams last week.

The Rams also created another opening on their active roster by releasing quarterback Case Keenum. With Keenum gone, Barron steps into that vacated roster spot. Receiver Brian Quick is expected to go to injured reserve also, meaning the Rams will likely make another addition to the active roster in the next 24 hours or so.

Meanwhile, on the practice squad, the Rams also released quarterback Garrett Gilbert and lost offensive tackle Mike Remmers to Carolina's active roster. After subtracting Keenum and Gilbert, the Rams now have just two quarterbacks on the roster in the form of Shaun Hill and Austin Davis though it's possible Keenum could be brought back to the practice squad should he clear waivers.

As it stands, the Rams also have three openings on the practice squad though they're expected to fill one with offensive tackle Steven Baker.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
There's got to be a wide receiver that's going to get promoted. We can't go in with just four.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Moves to happen......

Pettis comes back
Pyror or Freeman to practice squad depending on the rules
Sam Baker to 53 man roster
Barnes to IR
Qestions I have is what is there thinking on C Bryant.. I had hopes for him.

Last edited:

RamWoodie

Legend
I think bringing Pettis back is the move to make...it's stable and you know what you're getting.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I think bringing Pettis back is the move to make...it's stable and you know what you're getting.
I still don't really know why he was let go, ok he missed a meeting which isn't great granted, but is it a cuttable offense... Hmmm

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
I'd like to give that former Jet, Stephen Hill, a look. I know he had drop issues, but every time I ever saw him play, he could get wide open at will. I think he's still out there.

V3

Hall of Fame
I still don't really know why he was let go, ok he missed a meeting which isn't great granted, but is it a cuttable offense... Hmmm
It tells me Fisher is getting tired of the immaturity he's seeing on the team. It was another message being sent. Pettis also didn't have a future with this team. He would have been let go this offseason.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
It tells me Fisher is getting tired of the immaturity he's seeing on the team. It was another message being sent. Pettis also didn't have a future with this team. He would have been let go this offseason.
True, but now we need a WR and we don't have one

Walter

Rookie
There has to be something more than that. If I was one to make jokes I would say maybe it was that odd Mighty Ducks neck tattoo.

lockdnram21

Legend
No to pettis. We really don't even use the receivers we have. Rather bring up one of the guys on ps

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Is TJ Moe still available?

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I've been surprised nobody has picked up Pettis. While unexciting he could be a solid player for multiple teams. I have to think a suspension is coming or he has that practice squad WR showed up blitzed and obviously high.