Rams, Browns lead worst-to-first candidates for 2015 NFL season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just watched his pick 6 vs Carolina. I can't remember what happened with the WR, but there was no Ram near the defender. Wrong route or bad communication?
Arm was hit during delivery.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going off of my previous post, please tell me you saw the difference between those two pick 6's by Bradford, and the ones created by Hill and Davis. I have video evidence of how markedly different they are, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to see it. Could he have had 6 all year due to similar flukes? Sure. But I don't think that's what he was talking about.
The pick 6 Bradford threw against Arizona in the opener IIRC was a terrible decision deep in his own territory. And the Pick 6 of of Richardson hands was a tough luck INT, pick 6. But likewise, Hill's pick 6 against Seattle was on Kendricks inability to catch as well. So IMO we're splitting hairs over who's pick 6's were better or worse.
Bottom line is they happen, they happened to Sam, and I dont think its accurate to state Sam wouldnt have had 6 as if he had never had one in his career

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just watched his pick 6 vs Carolina. I can't remember what happened with the WR, but there was no Ram near the defender. Wrong route or bad communication?
Oh right, I forgot about that one. Sam actually had 3 pick 6 in 2013, in 7 games

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The pick 6 Bradford threw against Arizona in the opener IIRC was a terrible decision deep in his own territory. And the Pick 6 of of Richardson hands was a tough luck INT, pick 6. But likewise, Hill's pick 6 against Seattle was on Kendricks inability to catch as well. So IMO we're splitting hairs over who's pick 6's were better or worse.
Bottom line is they happen, they happened to Sam, and I dont think its accurate to state Sam wouldnt have had 6 as if he had never had one in his career
Yeah, we're probably getting close to splitting hairs, but I think it's entirely valid to say that Bradford wouldn't make that many bad decisions, and he certainly had the arm to complete some of those deep underthrown balls that resulted in ints too. I honestly can't imagine how anyone would believe that what we saw this year is indicative of how Bradford also plays and handles the QB position. But if that's the case, and people see no difference at all, then okay. Perfectly entitled to that opinion.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That would explain why what looked like to be an attempted pass on a deep route fell much shorter than that.
Looked like a t-shirt being shot out of one of those cannons after it left his hand.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Oh right, I forgot about that one. Sam actually had 3 pick 6 in 2013, in 7 games
Sam also had 14 tds in those 7 games. While we're at it, in that first game vs Arizona it was Sam who led the team to the comeback win. I have doubts that Hill/Davis would have been able to do that. People forget that Sam was pretty good in the 4th quarter for the Rams. Didn't he have one of the highest qb ratings in the 4th quarter? I can't really remember, but I thought he did. Call him whatever you want, but he wasn't out there losing many games.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, we're probably getting close to splitting hairs, but I think it's entirely valid to say that Bradford wouldn't make that many bad decisions, and he certainly had the arm to complete some of those deep underthrown balls that resulted in ints too. I honestly can't imagine how anyone would believe that what we saw this year is indicative of how Bradford also plays and handles the QB position. But if that's the case, and people see no difference at all, then okay. Perfectly entitled to that opinion.
That's not my opinion, I am not certain of what Sam would have done in 2014 offense. I am not comparing what he "would have done". I am disagreeing that he wasnt capable of throwing 6 pick 6 when in fact he threw 3 in 7 games in 2013.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam also had 14 tds in those 7 games. While we're at it, in that first game vs Arizona it was Sam who led the team to the comeback win. I have doubts that Hill/Davis would have been able to do that. People forget that Sam was pretty good in the 4th quarter for the Rams. Didn't he have one of the highest qb ratings in the 4th quarter? I can't really remember, but I thought he did. Call him whatever you want, but he wasn't out there losing many games.
I'm throwing out a red flag here for a review. Where did I say he cost us games? Where did I say I preferred Davis or Hill? The play in question here is merely an insistance that Sam was inacapable of throwing 6 pick 6 in a season

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
As X said, his arm was hit during the delivery. Apparently, Stacy missed a block.

The pick 6 Bradford threw against Arizona in the opener IIRC was a terrible decision deep in his own territory.
Uh, no. That one was tipped also. Besides, we won that game. We won exactly zero games this year when there was a return by the other team's Defense or STs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I am disagreeing that he wasnt capable of throwing 6 pick 6 when in fact he threw 3 in 7 games in 2013.
I know what you were disagreeing with. I was just commenting on the basis of that assertion (that he wouldn't throw that many) and explaining what the difference is between the ones he threw and the ones Davis/Hill threw. I agreed with you that he conceivably *could* throw 6 in a season if they were all mostly flukes. But he wouldn't make the kinds of bad decisions that resulted in the ones we saw this year.

Not that it matters. This is a stupid debate, IMO, and I'm sorry I got mixed up in it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
NFC West is as stacked as ever,
Not really buying this next season...but it's possible.
SF is sliding. IMO last seasons Seattle team was more balanced. The Cardinals could lose the real miracle worker in AZ this season who was DC Todd Bowles. Then there's us, who need to get to 8 wins and out of the division cellar at some point.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a stupid debate, IMO, and I'm sorry I got mixed up in it.

I agree
I state that "In any event, if there was any level of certainty that he could play 15,16 games per season for the next 3-5 years, I'd be all for him being the best option" and yet end up in some unintentional debate where I feel like Im being confused with Old Larry. Lol

I'm done here fellas, I'll be over in Off Topic looking at the boobie thread if anyone needs me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I agree
I state that "In any event, if there was any level of certainty that he could play 15,16 games per season for the next 3-5 years, I'd be all for him being the best option" and yet end up in some unintentional debate where I feel like Im being confused with Old Larry. Lol

I'm done here fellas, I'll be over in Off Topic looking at the boobie thread if anyone needs me.
lol. I'll join ya, but I have to make a pit-stop in the booty thread first.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Not that it matters. This is a stupid debate, IMO, and I'm sorry I got mixed up in it.
Which is why I got out of it. I said I didn't want to turn this into a Bradford thread, so I apologize for it going there.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I agreed with you that he conceivably *could* throw 6 in a season if they were all mostly flukes. But he wouldn't make the kinds of bad decisions that resulted in the ones we saw this year.
Bingo.
Bradford is a huge question mark(for various reasons) regardless of fans' differing opinions...but to think that the Hill/Davis/Clemens combo was and would be more productive, and/or less mistake-prone than Bradford with this offense is delusional. Not sure if that was even being debated here...but yeah.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Heard this last year, not getting my hopes up at all
Naw no one was talking worst to first in the medis last year. They were talking stout defense and mkae it or breakcit for Bradford and a possible improved rank but no worst to first talk

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I don't expect us to be playoff contenders until we have certainty with Bradford or a reliable starting QB as well as a cohesive and reliable O-line. Bradford could've played this season and watching Wells and Joseph would've still made this offense anemic. Look how Romo is playing after they addressed the O-line, we're gonna need durable and reliable pieces if we want to contend.