Rams Bringing In K Brandon Bogotay For A Tryout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that the Rams will be bringing K Brandon Bogotay for a tryout this weekend.

The Rams have said that they intend to add competition for Greg Zuerlein square off against this summer, despite the fact that they signed Zuerlein to a one-year, $1.25 million contract close to a month ago.

Bogotay, 26, originally signed on with the Browns as an undrated free agent out of Georgia back in 2013. He lasted one year in Cleveland before he was waived last summer.

The Buccaneers later signed him before the start of the preseason. However, Bogotay was unfortunately among their final roster cuts last year.

Bogotay has yet to appear in an NFL game.

jap

Legend
Greg really needs to get The Leg together. If he can significantly raise his accuracy, what a weapon he can be---dangerous from 70 yards out, maybe even more.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Greg really needs to get The Leg together. If he can significantly raise his accuracy, what a weapon he can be---dangerous from 70 yards out, maybe even more.

I feel like it's a psychological thing with Greg.

RamzFanz

Damnit

He's not actually that good from distance either. His length is there, his accuracy isn't that special.

I get it when the team was like an offense in quicksand. Now, I would move on to accuracy inside the 50.

He cost the Rams a winning season last season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good, Greg needs some competition.

He needs quality competition and Bogotay is not it. Neither is UDFA Taylor Bertolet IMHO...Bring in someone who actually has made a team in the past to give Zuerlein actual competition.

jap

Legend

Kickers go through crazy spells sometimes. That's how some end up bouncing around between teams before they work out whatever their issues are and settle in with a single club.

Jeff "Money" Wilkins is still the best we ever had. This guy used to show uncanny accuracy kicking through the swirling winds of San Francisco's old Candlestick Park. The '9ers were late resigning him after he turned FA, and the Horns swooped oin a snapped him up. I have yet to see any other kicker come close to Jeff's efficiency at retaining the rock on onside kicks.