Rams bring John Sullivan in for a visit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Only if we had two 3rd round picks. We'll be able to get a Center with one of our two 4th round picks but I don't know how soon he should be starting. It would be a great year to find a diamond in the ruff that late in the draft.

if we can't sign a vet I would just as soon cross train a guard that we already have. like you say anyone we sign in the 4th round should probably get a years experience before starting. after all how hard can it be to train a player to snap the ball

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I'm quite sure I'm in a very small minority as to how I value the OL and the center position in the NFL. Just think how Mack was a major key in getting the Falcons over the hump and to a SB they should have won by just running the ball two more plays.
Sean McVay understands that to build a great team, you need to start from the inside out

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
At this point I would handle it like this;
* sign Sullivan
* try to get a developmental Center with one of the two 4th Rounders.
* like I said, if you can get a solid starter in the third round, go for it. That would probably be a cornerback though.
* you almost have to go BPA in the second and third rounds.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Also:
*Cross-train Wichmann into a Center. He looks a little far away from being a true Guard foot speed wise.
* keep those three guys on the roster Sullivan, 4th round draft pick and Wichmann as a Center/Guard. Wichmann could be the game-day active back up there until the rookie is ready.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
* sign Sullivan
* like I said, if you can get a solid starter in the third round, go for it. That would probably be a cornerback though.
Welcome aboard Soul Surfer! This is the way I see it too!(y)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
* sign Sullivan
I'm with you if Sullivan checks out medically. If team docs feel his back is going to be a problem, why sign him?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Welcome aboard Soul Surfer! This is the way I see it too!(y)
Thanks Dave. I like it here after ditching the troll fest at the St.Louis Post-Dispatch.

It is a shame what the moderators purposely allowed that to become.

And why sign Sullivan? Of course he'll have to check out medically but if he thinks he's ready that's a big part.
An even bigger part is that he knows McVay's offense.
And equally big part is he can teach that offense to the draft picks and to the two guards that'll be next to him.
It's really a prima facia no-brainer in my opinion.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am sure they are doing their do diligence and vetting Sullivan carefully. No need to speed up the process other than to ease our nerves on the forums. It doesn't seem as though taking our time will cost us a chance to sign him. Lets just hope that he is actually ready to get back to starter status and play some high level Football.
Welcome @Soul Surfer And @BeefJurky you made a wise move coming to the ROD.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thanks Dave. I like it here after ditching the troll fest at the St.Louis Post-Dispatch.

It is a shame what the moderators purposely allowed that to become.
A lot of ROD members came here, from their, for this^ same reason! Myself included!!(y);):D

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
IMG_3229.GIF

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haven't heard anything, though with the DT signing we didn't even hear he was in town until he was signed.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Haven't heard anything, though with the DT signing we didn't even hear he was in town until he was signed.

Because IMHO they are going to draft their Center most likely some kid from Wyoming who is rising up the draft charts that many like, however, I forget his name.