Rams bring John Sullivan in for a visit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
It is interesting to note that most of the top prospects at the center position have a little over a (1) year experience playing center in college and were playing guard up until then (cross training)..... lol

Go Rams.......... ;)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is interesting to note that most of the top prospects at the center position have a little over a (1) year experience playing center in college and were playing guard up until then (cross training)..... lol

Go Rams.......... ;)
I think Fuller was th only not to start at other positions but he only started one year I think. My guy Roullier started three years at RG and center only his senior year.

Ram65

Legend
Do the Rams have better sports doctors in LA?

If healthy he could be a great pickup. Even if he can stay relatively healthy he would be a good asset to help the offensive line. I like very good veteran players that have a second chance a couple of years after injury. They are highly motivated and usually of good character. Rams keep looking in the dr

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
sully2.jpg

This is great news, but isn't he a little over the hill. He kicked ass in his day.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Nothing has happened yet. So far we've been quick in signing guys to deals right away after visits. Don't think it's happening.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Sign him, and draft his replacement this year. Sullivan has knowledge of McVay's system which will help a young line. I like the idea of signing older vets as long as it's a temporary thing, they can teach the younger guys and allow their replacements to develop fully. I can't help but wonder where GRob would be at if he wasn't forced into playing LT well before he was ready.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Sign him, and draft his replacement this year.

Totally agree. Load up on OL and you can't go wrong. Everybody snickered at the Cowboys for making Travis Frederick their 1st round pick--having the C position nailed down is a nice situation. I think the league is catching on; you build a team starting with OL.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Nothing has happened yet. So far we've been quick in signing guys to deals right away after visits. Don't think it's happening.

I been reading up on everything the internet offers on John. We may be doing due dillegence and if he was kept over I'm sure the Rams scheduled some MRI's and other checkups before they make an offer. John made his back injury worse after lifting after surgery. You must be able to do some heavy lower leg work to be a center. An MRI with Gadolinium will show recurrent disc material and give the Rams an update on his injury and an L.A. doctor can make the high priced decision of his health an stability going forward. He started one game last season. One site said he was 32 already. Bring in Mangold and get his ankle a thourough checkup too.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

BeefJurky

Rookie
Nice! I hope they sign him for really cheap (less than the Groy offer) and then draft someone to replace him next year, probably day 3.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Maybe were deciding on making a draft trade for Groy (or) an offer if healthy to either Sullivan or Mangold. No hurry to kick tires before the draft. Free Agency is not gonna be the same after this season.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Maybe were deciding on making a draft trade for Groy (or) an offer if healthy to either Sullivan or Mangold. No hurry to kick tires before the draft. Free Agency is not gonna be the same after this season.

Just curious why you share this notion, brotha. It's been a slower, or less spectacular, free agency as a whole in the NFL, but I think we did good to sign the 6 or 7 guys. I still do think FA will be a big event in the coming years, especially with constant cap increases, for the NFL and fans, but we'll see!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Kinda like Quinn

Bad backs are tough to get over
Bad backs can heal properly they just take longer and unfortunately these guys try to rush back into action too soon often.

Quinn and Sullivan could both be ready to go this year.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Nice! I hope they sign him for really cheap... (and)... draft someone to replace him next year, probably day 3.
How about draft somebody this year day 3?

It is a pretty deep draft for centers this year.
Plus you can give the guy a year's experience and you'll know whether or not he might be able to start.
If not, then draft one next year.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't he write Only Fools & Horses? Talented bloke.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about draft somebody this year day 3?

It is a pretty deep draft for centers this year.
Plus you can give the guy a year's experience and you'll know whether or not he might be able to start.
If not, then draft one next year.
I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. Draft somebody now to replace him next year.
I'd personally want to see us draft a center in the 4th round.

Last edited: