Rams' Bradford is healing quickly from ACL surgery/FSMW

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

I totally hope you're right on this one! I know he's been down the recovery road before but, for me, that only adds to the concern regarding his durability.
If it were the same injury, like Danario Alexander, then I'd be very worried. Given where he's at in rehab (he had surgery after bradford but both were running on the treadmill a month ago) , i'm not. The Rams said they expect him back by week 1 at the beginning - an espn medical expert said a few months ago the timeline is realistic, and then the reports in his rehab.

Good enough for me - all I've seen is constant indications he'll be back in time

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
If it were the same injury, like Danario Alexander, then I'd be very worried. Given where he's at in rehab (he had surgery after bradford but both were running on the treadmill a month ago) , i'm not. The Rams said they expect him back by week 1 at the beginning - an espn medical expert said a few months ago the timeline is realistic, and then the reports in his rehab.

Good enough for me - all I've seen is constant indications he'll be back in time
Again, I hope you are right. For me, however, his durability is still a concern even if he's back for game 1. That's why I feel it's so important for us to land a top notch OT come May.

iced

BTW - just to kind of get an idea of what i'm talking about when I say Modern Medicine - look how fast Mathieu is recovering..who tore his LCL and ACL around the same time as Long.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/25/tyrann-mathieu-makes-it-clear-hes-feeling-good/
The Cardinals might not be sure if Tyrann Mathieu is going to be ready for training camp, but he seems more confident.

The second-year safety suffered a torn ACL and LCL last December, and the Cards are planning as if he’ll start the year on the physically unable to perform list.

But he just gave an update on his rehabilitation via Twitter, saying he did lateral movements, ran 50 yards and backpedaled for the first time.

I must say I feel damn good,” he wrote.

For lack of a better word, that’s a damn good sign for the Cardinals. He was a revelation on the field for them before his injury, an immediate contributor to a good defense.

Being ready for the start of training camp would be nice, but having him healthy for the regular season would be much better.

Believe his injury was considered to be much worse, and is also considered ahead of schedule

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...n-mathieu-ahead-of-schedule-cardinals-gm-says

iced

Again, I hope you are right. For me, however, his durability is still a concern even if he's back for game 1. That's why I feel it's so important for us to land a top notch OT come May.

his history at miami concerned me - but how healthy he's been with fisher and the way fisher treats his vet players eases that concern for me. It's not a coincidence to me he suddenly was healthier in St.Louis vs Miami

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
his history at miami concerned me - but how healthy he's been with fisher and the way fisher treats his vet players eases that concern for me. It's not a coincidence to me he suddenly was healthier in St.Louis vs Miami

Well iced you & I know how those summer & fall south Florida temps & humidity are....Could be the lower average temps and humidity playing in the inside more often & further up north could have improved his play too....Long is born and raise up in the far north.......I am a big tall guy and I can tell you that south Fl. summer & fall temps & humidity did & does play heavy on some players.

But hey you are right about how much better he did play for us that what he did for Miami the two previous years.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I hope you're right Iced, but i still say J.Long is an old 28 yrs of age.

iced

Well iced you & I know how those summer & fall south Florida temps & humidity are....Could be the lower average temps and humidity playing in the inside more often & further up north could have improved his play too....Long is born and raise up in the far north.......I am a big tall guy and I can tell you that south Fl. summer & fall temps & humidity did & does play heavy on some players.

But hey you are right about how much better he did play for us that what he did for Miami the two previous years.

Lol yea man it doeeessss get hot down here.... Although Kuwait though let me know what real heat was...Early August, 142 Degrees with 100% humidity... a short walk from your sleeping quarters to Gaming Room/Hangout area and you were sweatin balls

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
if they expect him back by training camp, then week #1 shouldn't be a surprise

Being in camp is one thing, being able to play against top line competition is quite another. Me, I expect to see him riding a bike on the side line. Whether he plays during preseason and how effectively remains a mystery.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Rams need to come out the first 3 weeks and ground n pound the ever loving crap out of the Vikes,Bucs and Cowboys. Get Sam comfortable and give our OLine and RB's confidence before getting into the gauntlet of weeks 5-12.

Ground n pound is nice when the O has holes or weakness, but give me a team that can light it up and scare the crap out of every defense in the conference. Based upon what we've already seen, the Rams have what's approaching an elite D. What they need now is good old fashioned 'lightening in a bottle" and the ability to score at any time and from any place on the field and that takes an air attack.

Someones already mention the types of teams Fisher has produced, but most times despite their scrappy nature, his teams have lacked elite scoring ability and that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Ground n pound is nice when the O has holes or weakness, but give me a team that can light it up and scare the crap out of every defense in the conference. Based upon what we've already seen, the Rams have what's approaching an elite D. What they need now is good old fashioned 'lightening in a bottle" and the ability to score at any time and from any place on the field and that takes an air attack.

Someones already mention the types of teams Fisher has produced, but most times despite their scrappy nature, his teams have lacked elite scoring ability and that's exactly what I'm looking for.
Thats the premise of my post. If Long is not there week one and/or Sam is working his way back into the game mentally. I'd consider that a weakness.