Rams Best Player Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I gotta give it to Donald. He was so disruptive and Wilson had very little time in the pocket for much of the game. This guy is one hell of a player.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Bailey

Mason really adds an element

Donald for sure

Davis didn't beat himself, played well

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know who I wouldn't give it too......AO

Donald was very impressive. He has me eating crow. Not because I thought he would suck but because DLine seemed like a luxury pick during the draft. The DLine played great last year and the Oline is full of injured and aged vets. I was hoping for Martin or Moseley to fill some needs. Low and behold the DLine has not been good this year and Donald appears to be the best of them now. He definitely makes plays....lots of them.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Donald... and I can't wait till this week's madden roster comes out... I'm gonna wreck havoc with him lol

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Yep. Donald already has 17 tackles, 7 TFLs, and 2 sacks on the year. DROY imo

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
The guy is so disruptive! Our Safeties also had pretty good games today. . . aside from the two big pass plays.

I am sure Olgetree wins worst player of the day! Maybe Greg needs to stop trusting him in those situations. Get someone else in there. Flip he and JL. I don't know. Make Mo-A active and have him spy in situations. With everything I see Tree doing, I feel like Williams is just throwing too much at him and that is what is leaving him guessing and flat footed.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The guy is so disruptive! Our Safeties also had pretty good games today. . . aside from the two big pass plays.

I am sure Olgetree wins worst player of the day! Maybe Greg needs to stop trusting him in those situations. Get someone else in there. Flip he and JL. I don't know. Make Mo-A active and have him spy in situations. With everything I see Tree doing, I feel like Williams is just throwing too much at him and that is what is leaving him guessing and flat footed.

You bring up a great point on the safeties, particularly McDonald. He stuffed Lynch for a minimal gain at the line twice in a row at one point. Amazing!

Lynch didn't even look like the same guy with the tenacity our D brought today. Just über impressive. Wilson was their bread and butter.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Donald on defense for sure. Bam Bam on offense and special teams. lots of contributions all around but he scored, set up another easy score on a return and sealed the game at the end.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Donald for sure.. in the back field all day, when long gets back the the defense gets its groove back.. watch out!!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll go with Donald too. I have to say, and not to hijack the thread but Alec Ogletree was not very good this game. I hope he's alright and not playing injured. I saw someone else mention him/call him out too.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Donald for sure.. in the back field all day, when long gets back the the defense gets its groove back.. watch out!!

Really hoping he's gonna be 100%, not likely. He was walking around just fine today. No doubt he's a leader and we need him back.

69superbowl

Rookie
Johnny Effing Hekker! Career QB rating of 156.2 on 4 of 5. A great Beaver and not a bad punter/holder. Yup, I'm taking Hekker.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
For what it's worth, PFF has Donald as the #1 DT in the league per their grades.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Bailey

Mason really adds an element

Donald for sure

Davis didn't beat himself, played well
To finish covering all the bases, I'd add Cunningham in there, because of how GREAT he was in the return game!!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
For what it's worth, PFF has Donald as the #1 DT in the league per their grades.

Whoaaaa.... wow....

That's incredible! Lol

He's our best defensive player, right now. I know that.

Gaines is playing great, too!! Let's give a hand to our rookies! Whoo!!!

What a draft.

rams2050

Starter
I cannot help but think that Gregg Williams is not scheming to Alec Ogletree's strengths. Are we to imagine that, somehow, some way, Ogletree's physicality and skill set simply vanished between last season and this one?

I, for one, think not. It's how they are coaching him to play the position, making him think more and not rely on his gut instincts. . .

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I would agree. He made lots of rookie mistakes last season, but as the season progressed he started showing up & making plays. I think it takes him a while for things to click for him upstairs, so being in his second defensive system in as many seasons is likely having a negative affect. On most of the highlight Seahawks plays I watched on nfl.com this a.m., #52 was usually the culprit--Baldwin's TD, Wilson's TD, Wilson's 50+ yd run, etc.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
It hasn't helped AO that JL is a step slow this year. Usually the strength of JL is his ability to be all over the field (as his critics would say to make tackles too far down field), and in the past JL is usually there to clean up if AO makes a mistake or missed tackle. He's not doing that this season, perhaps he's still nursing that hurt ankle. More frustration that the Rams added zero LBs this offseason.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It hasn't helped AO that JL is a step slow this year. Usually the strength of JL is his ability to be all over the field (as his critics would say to make tackles too far down field), and in the past JL is usually there to clean up if AO makes a mistake or missed tackle. He's not doing that this season, perhaps he's still nursing that hurt ankle. More frustration that the Rams added zero LBs this offseason.
I agree he looked painfully slow on the fumble return Mon. Night.

I like the choice of Aaron Donald ,in the "package " I got his autographed jersey back in TC so I am not surprised he's playing the way he is,but AGAIN it's the other AD, Davis I think was the best yesterday, he was nearly perfect