Rams Begin OTAs on Tuesday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
whiz kid wonder boy from Alabama
correction
he called him, "whiz kid boy wonder"....

Just a lil joke to lighten you two up....I like & respect both of your opinions, and would hate to lose your inputs on future conversations...this is OTA #1....
;);):D:peace::shades:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
correction

Just a lil joke to lighten you two up....I like & respect both of your opinions, and would hate to lose your inputs on future conversations...this is OTA #1....
Good job.

Y'all are just lucky I opt out of these types of debates.
I'll reduce you to this:

View: https://vine.co/v/ehYvpDetWBF

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What he did with Barnes to me says more hesitant than confident. Just my opinion but if he was confident in Barnes he would have signed him to more than a one year prove it deal. They had total control with Barnes and let him test free agency. If you're confident in the guy and know he's your guy at center you lock him up.
That's how I see it as well.
correction

Thanks for the kind words... I respect yours and Coaches opinions as well.

And, you're absolutely right... day one of OTAs.

I'm going to recuse myself from future discussions regarding who the best Center is... because I know who it is. :ROFLMAO:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
And another little known fact. Wells had incentives based on playing time. Even though that should not matter. But apparently he refused to come out even at less than 100% with his elbow issues.

This pisses me off a little. He refused to come out of the game? So clearly money was more important to him then the actual team, and winning games. Sounds like a class act.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This pisses me off a little. He refused to come out of the game? So clearly money was more important to him then the actual team, and winning games. Sounds like a class act.

That could cut either way.

Surely, if Fisher felt like the Rams had a better chance to win with him on the bench, he could put him on the bench. Right?

We fault guys when they don't play thru pain, lets not also fault them when they do.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
That could cut either way.

Surely, if Fisher felt like the Rams had a better chance to win with him on the bench, he could put him on the bench. Right?

We fault guys when they don't play thru pain, lets not also fault them when they do.

I would fault Fisher more if this were the case for playing a guy just so he could get a bonus and not playing a guy he felt could give us a better chance of winning.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Don't shoot the messenger here. Lol. Just relaying information.

But as someone else said. If Wells being the veteran thought he was doing what he had to play thru the injury and as an athlete with undoubtedly a high amount of pride..... Actually thought he was the best option why would you blame him?

Last edited:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Don't shoot the messenger here. Lol. Just relaying information.

But as someone else said. If Wells being the veteran thought he was doing what he had to play thru the injury and as an athlete with undoubtedly a high amount of pride..... Actually thought he was the best option why would you blame him?

Haha wasn't pissed at you. The way I took it, was that Fisher tried to take him out but Wells refused because he wants to hit his incentives. In this situation, Fisher thinks another option is better then Wells but Wells just wants that paper. Everybody thinks they're the best option. I'll take the coaches opinion first.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
https://instagram.com/p/3bwsdxAryG/

Screenshot_2015-06-03-09-25-41.png
Screenshot_2015-06-03-09-27-32.png

Nice to see Gurley dressed, even if he isn't 100%. Unless I find more pics, this is all that's left from yesterday. Again, if you have Snapchat add 'snaptherams'. They don't post very often but occasionally they'll show some cool videos. Thanks everyone!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Haha wasn't pissed at you. The way I took it, was that Fisher tried to take him out but Wells refused because he wants to hit his incentives. In this situation, Fisher thinks another option is better then Wells but Wells just wants that paper. Everybody thinks they're the best option. I'll take the coaches opinion first.
I am sorry if I inferred it was about the incentives. Poor post on my part. But he did refuse to come off the field. Which happened to trigger the incentives. I never meant to imply that the coaches wanted to replace him and he refused. My bad!!!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That's alot of big humans.

If this OL stays the same you have four new starters. The beginning 2014 OL'ers vs this very early lineup.

Long vs Robinson
Saffold vs Saffold (this version should be newly reconstructed so I will give this 2015 version the nod.
Wells vs Barnes
Joseph vs Brown
Barksdale
vs Havenstein (but not for long,Barks had reached his peak)

I believe we have done some good here boys & the future surely looks much brighter than the 2014 cadre!(y)

P.S> The Rams Org sure saved themselves some serious cap space from what was paid out last season . They were able to bring back Britt & Kendricks & bring in Ayers & Fairley & take up Brockers 5th yr.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

I am sorry if I inferred it was about the incentives. Poor post on my part. But he did refuse to come off the field. Which happened to trigger the incentives. I never meant to imply that the coaches wanted to replace him and he refused. My bad!!!!

I love it real life football talk with some passion. Things Implied, Assumed, Rumored and believed are what gives us something to talk about in the off season.
I like the inside scoops Coach even if they include some possible assumptions. This time of year we are all cautiously optimistic and rightfully concerned. The Oline is certainly the group that draws the most passion and nervousness.
I believe that the reason B. Jones is a ROD darling is partially do to the optimism that the unknown brings to go with his Big School accolades from the Bama Machine. We seem to fantasize about player potential prior to their taking the field and becoming mortal.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

I love it real life football talk with some passion. Things Implied, Assumed, Rumored and believed are what gives us something to talk about in the off season.
I like the inside scoops Coach even if they include some possible assumptions. This time of year we are all cautiously optimistic and rightfully concerned. The Oline is certainly the group that draws the most passion and nervousness.
I believe that the reason B. Jones is a ROD darling is partially do to the optimism that the unknown brings to go with his Big School accolades from the Bama Machine. We seem to fantasize about player potential prior to their taking the field and becoming mortal.
That's what being a fan is all about isn't it? We get fanatical at times with hopes of a Super Bowl championship. We want and expect draftees to be who we have been waiting on to take our team to the next level. It's ok to be a Barrett Jones fan. Hell, it's expected here. I hope everyone here is a fan of all 90 Rams as of today because we are all in this together aren't we? I'm all in today! (y)