Rams backup QB situation in turmoil after John Wolford surgery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Hahaha, turmoil. I thought he was out for most the season with that headline.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
This will be Bryce Perkin's chance to impress. Sink or swim time for him with the Rams.

Tano

Legend
Hahaha, turmoil. I thought he was out for most the season with that headline.
I feel like this when reading that headline

1628449757044.png

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'd say it's in turmoil because we don't have a viable back up period. Nothing against John, just don't think he could lead us to the playoffs and farther if Stafford goes down early to mid-season.

Theres maybe only one or two teams in the league who legitimately could say they still have a good shot at the playoffs if QB1 went down. For most teams it's a season killer.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I may be in the minority here but Wolford has hit his ceiling IMO. Missing two weeks is not going to erode his basic skill sets. As two extra weeks wouldn’t have greatly improved them either.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think he's capable of helping the Rams get to the postseason.

We have a better or comparable backup QB situation than just about every team who hasn't drafted a QB high recently (i.e. GB, Niners, JAX, CHI, NE)
Our backup qb situation is not good, even with Wolford. He barely won that one game, and I don’t think he would have done as good of a job as Goff against Seattle.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But guys, it's not like your #2 QB is one of the best 32 QB's in this league. He comes in for a couple of games and tries to hold down the fort until the starter is ready. If it's more than that, we are not making the playoffs, being in the NFC West. Wolford is good enough for two games in a pinch..

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I may be in the minority here but Wolford has hit his ceiling IMO. Missing two weeks is not going to erode his basic skill sets. As two extra weeks wouldn’t have greatly improved them either.
He's a back up. Not many teams have starting caliber back up QBs.

At some point hopefully they have a guy that can be a future starter, but that's probably a few yrs away. So for now Wolford will do. A guy that can get you through a few weeks and that's all you can expect from your back up.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

At some point hopefully they have a guy that can be a future starter, but that's probably a few yrs away. So for now Wolford will do. A guy that can get you through a few weeks and that's all you can expect from your back up.
No offense I’m confused. I know he’s a back up and believe that’s where he’ll remain. Your response has no relevance to my post.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

No offense I’m confused. I know he’s a back up and believe that’s where he’ll remain. Your response has no relevance to my post.
My bad, thought you were saying appendix or not, we need an upgrade. My fault for rushing through posts... Iumped your's in with the "we need to make a trade" crowd.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I am not a Bret Stuter fan.

Sometimes he posts as many as 3-5 Rams' related articles per-day. There's just not enough legit topics to do that many articles. He has to pull stuff out-of-his-ass.

I really don’t understand the knock on Stuter because he writes so many articles. Like that’s a BAD thing?

I enjoy his work, generally, and always check his stuff out when going to that website.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I really don’t understand the knock on Stuter because he writes so many articles. Like that’s a BAD thing?

I enjoy his work, generally, and always check his stuff out when going to that website.
Bad is not the word I would use. It's not a bad thing.

Useless ... that's the word I would use, but that's just me. I value quality over quantity, and rarely see anything that's useful.

If you enjoy his work, and I am sure others do also, then he's certainly not useless to everyone.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My bad, thought you were saying appendix or not, we need an upgrade. My fault for rushing through posts... Iumped your's in with the "we need to make a trade" crowd.
It’s all good. Its the internet and I have been known to misread & misinterpret many things. Go Rams!

oldnotdead

Legend
Jourdan to the rescue. Bunch of hacks trying to create something out of nothing. Along comes Jourdan and sets the record straight.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our backup qb situation is not good, even with Wolford. He barely won that one game, and I don’t think he would have done as good of a job as Goff against Seattle.

Whose is better? Not very many teams. And it's also worth pointing out that most QBs don't win their first career start.

It's good because of our skill around the QB and our HC, and Wolford himself brings an element that our starter doesn't.

I adamantly disagree about him not doing as good a job as Goff against Seattle. He would have done better. And that's no slight to Jared - his thumb was clearly an issue in that game.