Rams at No. 20 in ESPN Power Rankings/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams at No. 20 in Power Rankings
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/14514/rams-at-no-20-in-power-rankings

Slowly but surely, the St. Louis Rams continue to gain respect in our ESPN NFL Power Rankings.

After a second consecutive shutout victory, the Rams again moved up a spot to No. 20 in this week's edition of the rankings. They were No. 21 last week and this week bumped up again though not as much as I thought they would.

Not that the Rams are some powerhouse team that deserves to be in the top 10 or anything but I actually moved the Rams up more than just a spot. I know it's only been Washington and Oakland on the other side the past two weeks, but the Rams have easily dispatched both and they also have great wins against Denver (No. 3) and Seattle (No. 4).

At the very least, the Rams are the highest-rated team among those with a 6-7 record or worse but I would take the Rams over some of the teams ranked ahead of them that have a 7-6 record. St. Louis has played a more difficult schedule than many of them, and if we're only going to use the standings as a reason for the rank, then there's really no point.

For what it's worth, I had the Rams at No. 15 this week ahead of Cleveland, Houston, Buffalo, San Francisco and Miami. All of those teams have a 7-6 record but I think the Rams would beat all of them on a neutral field right now.

The Rams will again have a chance to move into the teens this week if they can beat No. 5 Arizona at home. That would give the Rams three wins against teams ranked in the top five of this week's Power Rankings.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Rams will again have a chance to move into the teens this week if they can beat No. 5 Arizona at home. That would give the Rams three wins against teams ranked in the top five of this week's Power Rankings.
Bank on it! Make book on it! Bet the Farm on it! I think I may make a small wager on it!;)

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I remember when Nick Wagoner actually used to like the Rams.

He's trying to not be such a Rams homer with the ESPN folks. Plus, there really isn't any future in Rams homerism at ESPN, pro-Rams articles must get terrible traffic.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Green Bay on the road might be the only team the Rams can't beat right now.
Ask the Bronco's how great their stay was in the Lou.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Green Bay on the road might be the only team the Rams can't beat right now.
Ask the Bronco's how great their stay was in the Lou.

Or maybe the Cheatriots at home, but they would have to listen in on our play calls like they do against everyone.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Keep chopping away, one game at a time. Power Rankings be damned, no one wants to play us right now. I'm talking to you AZ.

We've currently got the 20th best record in the NFL, so what's the point in these power rankings again? You know other than to tell us what we already know?