PREGAME Rams at Chargers Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes what we need now is a schadenfreud ending. Upset the Chargers and make Staley look like a buffoon. Then shit all over Seattle and their playoff hopes by beating their asses and sending their fans home at halftime in a blowout.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
:pointup: Perfect post to be thread starter for our Chargers Pregame Thread.

:laugh4:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Gonna be a little weird watching a Ram game at SoFi with a Charger logo in the middle of the field

Rams being the visiting team, (in their own stadium) will they have more fans in the stands than the home team?
That'd be a switch. Another bizarre happening to a bizarre season.

What uni's are they going to wear?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What uni's are they going to wear?
1672414347236.png

Attachments

• 1672414324102.png
    1672414324102.png
    531.2 KB · Views: 23

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Put a claim in Rams. Akers backup.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
*Kyren's backup
I see him as the change of pace. If Akers misses time and you have to hand the ball to Kyren 20+ times what happens. I'd rather not find out. Plus that backup has to be able to sustain over multiple games, which for next year is important to consider.

Basically there are two roles in an NFL backfield. McVay mixes them but that is only a good thing when you have a back who can do it all. Without that back then there are two separate roles those being the bell cow who eats the carries to keep the defense honest and the change of pace who is your typical third down type who can threaten more in the pattern or pass block well enough to be on the field.

Kyren is the latter. How long would he survive as the former? Again I don't want to find out. Preserve him by having a bell cow backup who can eat the carries.

For next season we will need either a backup to that bell cow function or a RB who is so good that he can do both. Either works. But for now why not add a guy we know can be a fine backup and rotation back as that bell cow.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If Akers finishes the season as strongly as he's played the last few weeks, he's the clear #1 back going into next season. Williams looks like a smart, solid #2.
They need to find a good size/speed combo in late rounds... I want someone truly explosive and you can find those guys.. Pacheco.. Mostert.. etc.
After those three.. I still think a solid veteran who can get carries between the tackles when things go bad is a nice thing to have. There are bargains to be found at that spot late in summer.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'd certainly dump Brown for Michel. I'm always at a complete loss when they give Brown carries in a game. No chance should he get any carries over Akers or Williams. Ever.