Rams at 49'ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know everyone is psyched for our offense - and I am too - but think about how close we came to losing that game last night. The 9ers are not a good team. I hope the Rams aren't as pleased as we all are right now. We keep coughing up the ball - we have had some fortunate bounces several times when we have. Penalties continue to plague this team. The run defense - we all know the challenge there - and 3rd and long is a real issue.

If they can play clean football - this team can make a real run. But they aren't so good that they can give their opponents extra possessions every game.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/21/sammy-watkins-leaves-with-head-injury/

Sammy Watkins leaves with head injury
Posted by Charean Williams on September 21, 2017

watkins-e1506051223967.jpg

AP

Rams receiver Sammy Watkins headed to the locker room for further evaluation of a head injury. He was questionable to return.

Watkins was sandwiched on his 13-yard touchdown catch in the fourth quarter and took a shot to the head.

He had six catches for 106 yards and two touchdowns before leaving.

Rams receiver Tavon Austin also was being evaluated for a concussion. He had three carries for 14 yards, and he lost a fumble on a punt return.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...k-brock-coyle-all-have-concussions-for-49ers/

Jaquiski Tartt, Kyle Juszcyzk, Brock Coyle all have concussions for 49ers
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on September 22, 2017

gettyimages-851118658-e1506064371597.jpg

Getty Images

Safety Jaquiski Tartt, fullback Kyle Juszczyk and linebacker Brock Coyle each sustained concussion for the San Francisco 49ers in Thursday night’s loss to the Los Angeles Rams.

Tartt and Coyle each left the game to be evaluated for head injuries before being ruled out for the remainder of the game. Tartt was accidentally kicked in the back of the head by defensive tackle Earl Mitchell in the third quarter.

Juszczyk was initially ruled out due to a neck injury. Shanahan said after the game it was a concussion as well.

“I think it was a concussion,” Shanahan said of Juszczyk after the game. “So I’m not sure. I know they told me he was out so I don’t get much information on it. I just know that it was a concussion and I’ll find out when I go back in. I’m sure he’ll be in the protocol.”

With 10 days until their next game against the Arizona Cardinals, the trio will get a few extra days to recover for their injuries and have a better chance to clearing the concussion protocol in time to play.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Question:

That onside kick by Gould was so good and so lucky bc it hit his own teammate's helmet. What could we possibly have done on that? Is that just luck? or did we do something wrong?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If you like entertaining games, this was one for the books! Highest scoring game in Thursday-Night Football History 41-39!

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Question:

That onside kick by Gould was so good and so lucky bc it hit his own teammate's helmet. What could we possibly have done on that? Is that just luck? or did we do something wrong?

Honestly, that might have been the best onside attempt that I've ever seen. Sometimes a great play just wins out, but Bones can definitely clean some stuff up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Even I didn't expect Goff to be putting up these sort of stats at this point. His stats look like GSOT Kurt Warner numbers. They're going to go down, but it's still insane.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Even I didn't expect Goff to be putting up these sort of stats at this point. His stats look like GSOT Kurt Warner numbers. They're going to go down, but it's still insane.
Wonder what it would look like if he still had Britt, Quick and Kendricks.

nighttrain

Legend
me, I'm not so sure that Goff's #'s will decrease, perhaps a little, but not much
train

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Honestly, that might have been the best onside attempt that I've ever seen. Sometimes a great play just wins out, but Bones can definitely clean some stuff up.
Block. Once the opposing player gets to 10 yards or earlier block. Let your second level sprint forward and your other guys on the line retreat for the ball. I don't care if they block before the 10 yards. I'll take a 5 yd illegal block penalty vs a recovery by the kicking team any day of the week.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Noted Ram's hater Mike Florio continues his jihad. "49ers got robbed." :poop:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...esolve-interference-call-from-thursday-night/

Coaches film doesn’t resolve interference call from Thursday night
Posted by Mike Florio on September 24, 2017

8511307721-e1506282685759.jpg

Getty Images

Did 49ers receiver Trent Taylor push off on what would have been a first-down catch to advance a potential game-winning drive on Thursday night? The world may never know.

The coaches film posted at the league’s excellent Game Pass feature from the Rams-49ers game doesn’t provide any further insight into whether Taylor pushed Rams defensive back Nickell Robey-Coleman at the top of Taylor’s route.

The shot from the sideline, like the only TV angle shown the other night, came from behind Robey-Coleman, blocking a view of Taylor’s arm. The end zone angle is too narrow, excluding the Taylor and Robey-Coleman interaction that did or didn’t result in interference.

Barring video showing a clear push from Taylor, it’s a call about which 49ers have every reason to be upset. And it seems there will never be video of a clear push. Which means that the 49ers apparently got robbed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey Florio and other Whiner fans!

y9I8672.gif

OPI was called, the play was OPI and it happened you lost. You never should have gotten the ball back after the refs badly missed call on the onside kick anyways.

jjab360

Legend
Noted Ram's hater Mike Florio continues his jihad. "49ers got robbed." :poop:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...esolve-interference-call-from-thursday-night/

Coaches film doesn’t resolve interference call from Thursday night
Posted by Mike Florio on September 24, 2017

8511307721-e1506282685759.jpg

Getty Images

Did 49ers receiver Trent Taylor push off on what would have been a first-down catch to advance a potential game-winning drive on Thursday night? The world may never know.

The coaches film posted at the league’s excellent Game Pass feature from the Rams-49ers game doesn’t provide any further insight into whether Taylor pushed Rams defensive back Nickell Robey-Coleman at the top of Taylor’s route.

The shot from the sideline, like the only TV angle shown the other night, came from behind Robey-Coleman, blocking a view of Taylor’s arm. The end zone angle is too narrow, excluding the Taylor and Robey-Coleman interaction that did or didn’t result in interference.

Barring video showing a clear push from Taylor, it’s a call about which 49ers have every reason to be upset. And it seems there will never be video of a clear push. Which means that the 49ers apparently got robbed.
You mean like we got robbed when they clearly choke slammed our receiving player to the ground on the onside kickoff? Questionable calls and missed calls happen all the time and this type of outrage has never been seen when it happens to the Rams. Get over it Florio.