Rams Assistants Are Free To Go

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend

This all comes down to the humility of Bones and the confidence of the newly appointed HC, whoever that may be. Bones has taken over as acting HC for only a few games, and everyone understands it is merely an acting role. A new HC is going to installing a whole new program, especially on the offensive front. Any player seeing the new changes and still isn't savvy enough to recognize there's a new sheriff in town has got some serious issues if he is going to look for Bones for confirmation. Such players would probably be shown the door quickly.

The Rams have been the worst & most predictable offensive team. Severe changes are due. I may be wrong, but Bones does not strike me as the type to rock the boat with petty ego issues. A HC in the NFL's #2 market is gonna be a high profile guy, whether he wants the attention or not. I would hope he would seriously consider retaining the best of our assistant coaches (Bones, Wauffle, etc) since they are among the NFL's very best.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm still a fan of GW but i understand it. Fassell will be a big loss.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm still a fan of GW but i understand it. Fassell will be a big loss.

We'll see before I pass judgment I want to see the new coaching staff and judge it assistant by assistant.

jap

Legend
Johnny: "Dammit! If need be, I'll take over the damn coaching of the special teams!!!"

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would like to thank Coach Waufle, Coach Fassel, Coach Wilson & even Coach Williams to all the others best wishes and I hope you end up on the new 49ers staff.

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If I'm a candidate for the Rams HC job, I'm calling Fassel and Waufle right now and begging them to stick around.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Is demoff really that out of touch that he would let Fassell walk?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Is demoff really that out of touch that he would let Fassell walk?

With a new coach coming in, they may not be safe. My guess is, he's giving them a chance to look around just in case the new coach doesn't want them. What would you do? Stick around for a shot of having a job? Or going out and getting one while they're still available? I'd look around too.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
What would I do? I would see that Fassell is a keeper and tell the new coach that Fassell is his ST's coach.

jap

Legend
With a new coach coming in, they may not be safe. My guess is, he's giving them a chance to look around just in case the new coach doesn't want them. What would you do? Stick around for a shot of having a job? Or going out and getting one while they're still available? I'd look around too.

If Wauffle and Bones really like working with their players, they can take interviews with other teams without committing while they wait to see how things shake out in the land of Lala . . . provided the Horns' GM/HC hiring process doesn't take too long, that is.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Heisman Trophy winner Chris Weinke is interviewing for a spot on Tennessee’s staff, according to John Brice of Tennessee’s 247 site. The former director of football at IMG Academy, Weinke spent the past two seasons with the Los Angeles Rams.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

They must not have seen his actual resume.
Wienke worked with Newton, Wilson, Tannehill, and Cousins before he signed with us. He seems to work well with mobile QB's, something we don't have, Tennessee does.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fassel wasn't the HC and the way the team played down the stretch I don't think they looked at him as a HC in any way

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes the new HC will know that because he will be the new HC.
Bones took the interim gig and immediately said he wasn't ready to be a HC. It was interim.
He's a great ST coach and would be an asset to any team. The Rams are no different.
Had the Rams won the games he coached I could possibly see a sliver of realism to this theory but if anything the performance of the team probably hurt his HC chances more than anything.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fassel is a st coach. And a good one.
That's it.
This pressure you are taking about is non existent.
He's not on any radar as a HC candidate for any team.
I don't understand how you aren't comprehending this.