Rams asked permission to interview Pat Shurmur for OC job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This may be my last post here..

But did anyone really expect magic fairy dust to be sprinkled from on high from THIS kind of owner? One I don't believe even cares about sports in the long run, just the financial benefit and ego boost that they give him? That's high delusion. He has what he wants now. An LA stadium. He REALLY has no reason to win.

Fisher is his fall guy. To be swept away for still greater mediocrity, but not before conning the public into buying up a whole bunch of PSL's and season tickets, and memorabilia, etc.

And with a guy like Fisher, you maintain mediocrity.

ShurmurMurmur ran one of the most boring offenses I've ever seen in my life when he was here. Watching paint dry would actually show more diversity than Murmur's play calling. It was truly awful.

In 2009 when he was here, 5.5yards/pass. 12 TDs. 16 overall TDs. 2010? 6yards/pass.

At Cleveland? Averaged under 6/yards pass again. A half yard better his second year. I don't think anyone really believes Murmur was calling plays for Chip with the Eagles. Fat chance. He was there for proxy and hopefully a fall guy. Iggles eventually too smart for that

The more things change the more they stay the same? Undoubtedly with him. Fisher wants guys he can control. Just like Stan wants guys he can control. Thus the never ending cycle of good ole' rich boys doing the bidding of others.

It's quite hilarious. And after a week to think on it, I don't even care anymore. You guys had a chance at a guy who running passing plays that could be successful for guys like Johnny SuckBall and McGown and made a journeyman TE into a 1000 yard receiver and had T. Benjamin have his career year so far by a good 600+ extra yards. And you PASS on that for a choice between Boras and Murmur? Oh lord. I almost feel sorry for the continued Rams fans now. It doesn't matter where they go, mediocrity and stone age offense will follow.

I'll be moving on to the Packers for now. Family/Fan owned. May cut out the NFL entirely and follow soccer.
I'm Going into my 66 Season as a Rams Fan. through thick and thin, one owner or another. One HC or another. After this^ I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU!! ARE YOU, OR HAVE YOU "EVER' TRUELY BEEN A RAMS FAN!!!!!!
Good and bad owners and coach's come and go!
To me it's like being an American or a U.S.Marine, I'm a Ram Fan and I'm in it for LIFE!!

exaVP3j.jpg

I only say this because .. :icare: And, up-to-now I've had a lot of respect for your opinion!!! " I think you need to 'Chill-out!'

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm Going into my 66 Season as a Rams Fan. through thick and thin, one owner or another. One HC or another. After this^ I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU!! ARE YOU, OR HAVE YOU "EVER' TRUELY BEEN A RAMS FAN!!!!!!
To me it's like being an American or a U.S.Marine, I'm a Ram Fan and I'm in it for LIFE!!

View attachment 11903

I only say this because .. :icare: And, up-to-now I've had a lot of respect for your opinion!!! " I think you need to 'Chill-out!'

If that picture was actually accurate, it would say Deal With It, So. Haha for some reason Donald loves ending sentences with So.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This could be a defensive move as well as offensive. Chip Kelly is coaching the whiners. Doesn't Shurmer know the ins and outs of his offensive scheme by now? He is a good offensive mind, and he has the goods on a coach in our division.

RamBill

Legend
Will Rams reunite with Pat Shurmur?
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/26186/will-rams-reunite-with-pat-shurmur

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The Los Angeles Rams are searching for ways to improve their lackluster offense any way they can during this offseason.

It starts with the coaching staff, where head coach Jeff Fisher has already made some big changes. He fired offensive coordinator Frank Cignetti with four games to go in the season and when the season ended, he parted ways with running backs coach Ben Sirmans, offensive assistant Jeff Garcia and wide receivers coach Ray Sherman.

There are plenty of indications that Fisher will ultimately leave the offensive coordinator duties in the hands of Rob Boras, who replaced Cignetti and helped the Rams to a small uptick over the final quarter of the season. But Fisher is also looking for ways to spark a woeful passing game. Which could mean the addition of a passing game coordinator.

Fisher spoke to former Browns offensive coordinator John Defilippo about that position, but he officially landed as quarterbacks coach for the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday. But the Rams could turn to a familiar face to handle their passing attack. That would be Pat Shurmur, the former Rams offensive coordinator turned Browns head coach turned Eagles offensive coordinator.

Shurmur first came to the Rams in 2009 as Steve Spagnuolo's offensive coordinator before he moved on to Cleveland. But, as Vikings reporter Ben Goessling reported Thursday, there appears to be come competition for Shurmur's services.

Minnesota intends to interview Shurmur on Friday and there are at least two other teams interested in him as well, according to Goessling's report.

The Rams have already missed out on a couple of potential hires and it's fair to wonder how difficult it will be for them to add to their staff with Fisher entering the fifth and final year of his contract.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It irritates the F out of me that Shurmur will interview for a non-fit position before he interviews with the Rams. I mean the Rams passing game is so bad that even boosting it to middle of the pack will result in "hot coordinator" status around the league; everyone would know it was him that made it happen.

This tells us one of three things, IMO: that Fisher is a lame duck coach to prospective coaches with his one year remaining contract, that these coaches don't trust him to let them run their offense, or that they don't trust him to get some talent in here at QB and WR that they can work with.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
It irritates the F out of me that Shurmur will interview for a non-fit position before he interviews with the Rams. I mean the Rams passing game is so bad that even boosting it to middle of the pack will result in "hot coordinator" status around the league; everyone would know it was him that made it happen..

Nah, everyone will know that our new franchise QB, new #1 receiver and new TE are the reason behind it (y)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This may be my last post here..

But did anyone really expect magic fairy dust to be sprinkled from on high from THIS kind of owner? One I don't believe even cares about sports in the long run, just the financial benefit and ego boost that they give him? That's high delusion. He has what he wants now. An LA stadium. He REALLY has no reason to win.

Fisher is his fall guy. To be swept away for still greater mediocrity, but not before conning the public into buying up a whole bunch of PSL's and season tickets, and memorabilia, etc.

And with a guy like Fisher, you maintain mediocrity.

ShurmurMurmur ran one of the most boring offenses I've ever seen in my life when he was here. Watching paint dry would actually show more diversity than Murmur's play calling. It was truly awful.

In 2009 when he was here, 5.5yards/pass. 12 TDs. 16 overall TDs. 2010? 6yards/pass.

At Cleveland? Averaged under 6/yards pass again. A half yard better his second year. I don't think anyone really believes Murmur was calling plays for Chip with the Eagles. Fat chance. He was there for proxy and hopefully a fall guy. Iggles eventually too smart for that

The more things change the more they stay the same? Undoubtedly with him. Fisher wants guys he can control. Just like Stan wants guys he can control. Thus the never ending cycle of good ole' rich boys doing the bidding of others.

It's quite hilarious. And after a week to think on it, I don't even care anymore. You guys had a chance at a guy who running passing plays that could be successful for guys like Johnny SuckBall and McGown and made a journeyman TE into a 1000 yard receiver and had T. Benjamin have his career year so far by a good 600+ extra yards. And you PASS on that for a choice between Boras and Murmur? Oh lord. I almost feel sorry for the continued Rams fans now. It doesn't matter where they go, mediocrity and stone age offense will follow.

I'll be moving on to the Packers for now. Family/Fan owned. May cut out the NFL entirely and follow soccer.
Yeah, sounds like this probably should be your last post here. No need pounding that opinion into the ground. Sounds like your mind is made up and your Ramdom is gone. We wish you the best of luck in the future finding a winning team to nestle up to that will satisfy your needs as a fan. I'm too much like a loyal dog to ditch my Rams. It won't happen in this lifetime. The bright side is the wins are that much more sweeter when you are in it for the long haul and it's approaching a half of a century for me.

FrankenRam

Starter

So, anybody that doesn't make the same committment to their football fandom that they do to their spouse just isn't serious about being a team fan.(??) And just needs to man-up and 'Deal With It'.

What a load of horse puckey. The only thing that 66 yr of fandom makes you is an old fan.....no better than anyone else.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
What a load of horse puckey. The only thing that 66 yr of fandom makes you is an old fan.....no better than anyone else.

Nobody is saying they are better than anyone else - only that us "old fans" are getting are just a bit tired of the political rants and bitterness that spews forth

You are either a Ram fan or you're not at this point

It's lame to say "this is my last post" as if it's a threat - just go

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So, anybody that doesn't make the same committment to their football fandom that they do to their spouse just isn't serious about being a team fan.(??) And just needs to man-up and 'Deal With It'.

We're really NOT going to turn this site into Ramstalk right?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gentlemen... let's setlle down... I'll go make us some drinks... We are all Ram fans in our own special way.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
* Defensive minded Head Coach
* Ineffective Oline
* Ineffective WRs
* Pat Shurmur
Add it all up and it's...
  • Back_to_the_Future_Video_Game_by_PrincessCakeNikki.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
All of sudden the thought of Shurmur and Bradford kind of excites me.

Since your post is not in blue font I will have to guess you are serious about this. I've been a Rams fanatic and alcohol-free for many years but if Bradford returns to play for the Rams, I might seriously consider making that trip down to the liquor store again. :burp:

Btw guys, ease off on criticizing each other and stick to the topic of the thread. :mrburns:

We're really NOT going to turn this site into Ramstalk right?

Not bloody likely! :sneaky:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I have NEVER Claimed to be better than anyone!
And yes, I'm as committed to my Fandom as my wife! And we've been Married for 40 years!
I give 1000% to everything I believe in!

WvuIN02

Starter
Welp, is anyone surprised? 20 years of data suggests this is exactly what you should expect from Jeff Fisher