Rams are undefeated...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Williams called a great game until the last drive. why the fuck is he bringing the house leaving his rookie corner and a rusty Tru out on an island. that was absolutely stupid. Deion Sanders said that exact thing after the game. he might have a big mouth but he knows something about secondary play.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually, we were winning most of the game with 3rd down blitzes. We had been losing when playing it safe in previous weeks. There was only one third down where I was really frustrated because Williams brought 7 and left Boldin open(play where McLeod whiffed) on 3rd and long. With the way our pass rush was playing, we didn't need 7. Could have brought 5 and been just fine. But Williams did a really good job today. Kaepernick was lost.

Every week I point out 3rd and long blitzes that fail.

There is no case to be made for 3rd and 10 or more blitzing. It's a horrible idea. And then they play soft coverage?! What is that? If you sell out to the blitz, you have to commit and shut down the short pass. ESPECIALLY on 3rd and 10 or more.

I have to say how cool GW's D is though before the snap. The motion, looks, and fakes are a nightmare for QBs. Kappy was a hot mess.

If GW would stop blitzing more than 5-6 and stop doing it on 3rd and 10 or more, Rams could just explode defensivly IMHO. So close.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Hill will not even be on this roster next year. Isn't his contract up after this season? We know what Hill is. Davis has room to grow and improve and at the very least be a very solid backup qb for this team. The only way he improves is to be on the field. Let him get his experience. Next season there will probably be a qb battle in preseason of Davis, Bradford, Keenum and whoever they draft. If Hill had been starting this season and had these same exact games, people would be calling for Davis to be in there so we could see what he has. I'm not real convinced our record would be any different with Hill starting. Does Hill make that spin move and avoid the rush in the Seattle game? If Hill was starting that KC game he probably would have left with an injury anyway. I say play Davis because Hill will be gone after this year in my opinion anyway.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah, Joyner should have had that. I've been talking about the Rams jumping routes all season but they really don't that much. If the pass rush remains dominant like this though I bet they will more.

Yeah, they've been blowing coverages off the snaps. Gotta give yourself a chance.

Williams figured something out playing SF. Spreading our extra blitzers to the edges doesn't allow the OL to double anybody and it spreads the OL out. WAY more effective. Before he sent guys in the gaps constantly. It just clogged everything up in the worste way.

I got a dam good feeling going forward.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Me too as far as the D goes. It's going to be fun to watch.

Money getting tighter, but if we beat ARZ I'll be in STL for the Denver game. I could not live with myself. If SEA can beat DEN, so can we.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
What I really liked yesterday was our D-line winning 1 on 1 - instead of having to manufacture pressure with our "exotic" blitz packages that have seen us getting burned over and over again. 6 of the 8 sacks came from one on 1 "wins" by our guys whilst 2 came from the blitz beating the protection. Kaep was rattled as well which helped!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Money getting tighter, but if we beat ARZ I'll be in STL for the Denver game. I could not live with myself. If SEA can beat DEN, so can we.

I'll be going to.

Unfortunatly, the prices are still up there.

You can get the Arizona game here for less than $7 though.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I don't see Davis getting pulled until he gets dinged. Especially after a tough road win. You just don't do that sort of thing in football. Superstition, loyalty, whatever. Players don't respond well to it IMO.

Davis badly underthrew a couple of potential big plays and it was the first time I've really bought into the lack of arm strength argument against him. But IMO, Hill doesn't escape and extend the play to the point where the big play was possible so it's a catch-22.

Davis had his troubles but he's gotta stay in there after a big road win and try to improve.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Davis is completing 64% of his passes for 7 YPA. He's played in 7 and a half NFL games and he is 3-4 as a starter on a team that GAVE two games away because of lousy defense. He's a few defensive plays from being 5-2. He's had a couple of rough outings but who doesn't especially when they are under pressure as much as he was in KC. Starting Hill in the last 3 games would have been a mistake, he wouldn't have been able to escape the rush and that would have killed some drives.

Hill isn't the answer.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'll be going to.

Unfortunatly, the prices are still up there.

You can get the Arizona game here for less than $7 though.

Wow!!

Man, I got premium seating Dang near right behind the Rams bench. I could hear the Voice of Britt talking to another WR. I was that close, love Britt. That was the Seahawks game. Those only $170 a ticket on Stubhub. I know they're double straight up.

I saw plenty of tickets for $10 for that game, too. Just wild...

I'll look it up and tell ya what I find.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every week I point out 3rd and long blitzes that fail.

There is no case to be made for 3rd and 10 or more blitzing. It's a horrible idea. And then they play soft coverage?! What is that? If you sell out to the blitz, you have to commit and shut down the short pass. ESPECIALLY on 3rd and 10 or more.

I have to say how cool GW's D is though before the snap. The motion, looks, and fakes are a nightmare for QBs. Kappy was a hot mess.

If GW would stop blitzing more than 5-6 and stop doing it on 3rd and 10 or more, Rams could just explode defensivly IMHO. So close.

There's good reason to blitz on 3rd and 10 or more. You want them to get the ball out quickly. You just can't send everybody. Because if a DB misses a tackle, it's a first down.

We sat back against Dallas and they converted 3rd and long after 3rd and long.

moklerman

Warner-phile
There's good reason to blitz on 3rd and 10 or more. You want them to get the ball out quickly. You just can't send everybody. Because if a DB misses a tackle, it's a first down.

We sat back against Dallas and they converted 3rd and long after 3rd and long.
It isn't just the execution and result that matter either. It's mindset. Sure, you're going to get burned sometimes but it's the difference between playing to win and trying not to lose or just hanging on.

Sometimes it takes time to get the right pieces in place to get burned less but I think you have to have the right mindset and build from there. Playing scared or timidly just drives me up the wall. Give it your best, go down firing and hope for the best. If you give it everything you've got and still get beat, it's much better than just conceding.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
@RamzFanz

Yeah, man, tickets are still up. I lowest I saw was $48 and those were up high up. They'll go down later.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah, I'm gonna wait and see. I've become addicted to $10 tickets!

Hahaha!!! Can't beat that, buddy. I just gotta get as close as I can. Lower prime for $130 a ticket is feels like highway robbery to me. I'll only spend that much if I hate the team we're playing and feel like we can win... like the Hawks game. I can't do it if we're in the toilet. I live 3 1/4 hours away from STL.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Hahaha!!! Can't beat that, buddy. I just gotta get as close as I can. Lower prime for $130 a ticket is feels like highway robbery to me. I'll only spend that much if I hate the team we're playing and feel like we can win... like the Hawks game. I can't do it if we're in the toilet. I live 3 1/4 hours away from STL.

If the Rams stay in the race, I'll be going premium seats too later.

The trick of buying a $10 ticket and then finding good seats that haven't sold right before kickoff by looking on stubhub and going to those seats is working flawlessly!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'll be at the Denver game. The Rams haven't lost to the Broncos since 2002. If Seattle can do it, we can do it.