Rams are loaded with excellent players at many positions, no doubt...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Based on play, I actually feel better about our LB corps than I have in a long time. This doesn’t include edge rushing but that’s almost another type player.

Ebukam is only going to improve in this scheme and may be able to fill in at Barrons role.

Either way, I like the young pieces we have. We just need to augment them with the right fits.

That's an interesting point. I wonder how Ebukam would do at ILB.

…..

Legend
That's an interesting point. I wonder how Ebukam would do at ILB.
It’s just that Barron isn’t the prototypical ILB obviously, so clearly Wade is okay with a smallish group sacrificing bulk for speed. Barron listed at 230, I’d wager he’s closer to 220 but regardless, Ebukam brings a little more size to the table.

Barron getting blown up is not Barrons fault, but we all hate to see him inside the tackles. Maybe Samson can stand in at the point of attack. I dunno

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s just that Barron isn’t the prototypical ILB obviously, so clearly Wade is okay with a smallish group sacrificing bulk for speed. Barron listed at 230, I’d wager he’s closer to 220 but regardless, Ebukam brings a little more size to the table.

Barron getting blown up is not Barrons fault, but we all hate to see him inside the tackles. Maybe Samson can stand in at the point of attack. I dunno

Samson could definitely hold up at the POA. My only concern would be coverage, but he's athletic and has looked competent when asked to drop into coverage in the past. It's a very intriguing thought.

Ram65

Legend
Samson could definitely hold up at the POA. My only concern would be coverage, but he's athletic and has looked competent when asked to drop into coverage in the past. It's a very intriguing thought.

Something about Ebukam and missing plays. He looks like he is ready for a tackle and takes a bad angle or gets faked out a yard or so away.. Sure Wade can try him inside but, I wouldn't count on it working. He has the numbers size and speed but, I'm not sure if he has the instincts.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Anyone else wanna try Ebukam at ILB? He has fantastic closing speed and seems to wrap up ok. He could use that speed in the middle of the field and maybe he'd be good at blitzing. He just seems to get engulfed by the Tackles when they get a hand on him.

Edit: Just read further in the thread. It's settled, let's try him inside lol.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We see this differently, Frantik.

Ebu is just not good enough. Left side, right side, it doesn’t matter. He's largely ineffectual as a pass rusher and is constantly being washed out on running plays. The tape doesn’t lie.

Now, if Fowler is reasonably extended then that’s one side. But an Ebu upgrade would still be essential. Obo is an enigma at this point. Hasn’t had one NFL snap, which maybe speaks volumes, so he has to prove himself on the field. Problem is that we can’t gamble that he’s a capable starter at this point. In fact, we must assume the opposite. So, another quality starting edge will still be necessary. Trade, FA, or draft, I don’t care. But Snead’s gotta get it done.

I agree that an ILB is also a high priority. It just is. One must come from the outside, one way or another.

Add in a DLreplacement for Suh and a S replacement for Joyner and we’re pretty much set for our starting D. For ‘19, anyway. As in Top 5, I think.

I see a lot of fans putting their hopes on Obo. To be honest, I'm of the belief that there's a reason a guy is a day 3 pick. He might turn out pretty good but we don't know. To go into the season with hopes pinned to an unknown reminds me of the pre-McVay era when all our hopes relied on the draft class to make an impact right away. I'd rather find someone with experience and use Obo as a rotational player. If he's that good he'll work his way into a starter's role.