Rams are leaning toward Robinson playing guard in 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm good with him starting at guard and if he is really that dominant keep him there. Not sure you use a #2 over all for guard but how can you argue with this for this team. If he plays guard for 10-12 years and is a probowl player all those years it is worth it to me. Hopefully Jake is recovered in time to really be ready to pay game 1 and they stay healthy all year. There is some decent depth to develop so maybe Barksdale wants to stay next year and developing some of the depth players is all that needs to be done for the next few years.

This roster is going to be tough to crack and is no longer the door mat of the league.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Very Smart Decision! Greg Robinson should be an instant big upgrade over Chris Williams who occupied this post for 2013 in run blocking. CW did help assist our centers on the plays ran from the shotgun. GR is also a upgrade @ pass blocking but CW was decent in this area in comparison to most OLG's even though he was known for his run blocking.

The biggest worry or concern that the Rams Org. will not mention is Jake Long's rehabbing event. How long will it take for Jake to get up to starting OLT demands and if Jake can take this up coming seasons demands after this long rehabbing event. Greg Robinson should not concern himself with multiple OL positions in his rookie season. If there are some major hiccups @ the OLT post with JL health then the natural remedy would be to place the most experienced Ram OL'er @ OLT .....Rodger Saffold. Finding a ORG vs OLT from the green inexperience Ram OL???? Boudreau would find plugging the ORG post than OLT.

During TC it will be very interesting to see who Boudreau gives most of the OLT & Pre season work. Sean Hooey, Brandon Washington, Mike Persons or Barrett Jones. I would not even consider Greg Robinson as a candidate.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
There must be a ton of Buffalo Bills fans in the third world. As far as they know, the Bills won four straight Superbowls in the 90's.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
CW did help assist our centers on the plays ran from the shotgun. GR is also a upgrade @ pass blocking but CW was decent in this area in comparison to most OLG's even though he was known for his run blocking.

I respectfully disagree regarding Williams. He was one of the worst linemen I've seen when it comes to picking up a blitz. On top of that if the game looked like it was out of reach, so too seemed the linemen across from him. No effort.

Someone should tell him that the hits on the quarterback still mean something even if you're getting blown out.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I respectfully disagree regarding Williams. He was one of the worst linemen I've seen when it comes to picking up a blitz. On top of that if the game looked like it was out of reach, so too seemed the linemen across from him. No effort. Someone should tell him that the hits on the quarterback still mean something even if you're getting blown out.

I will agree with you on his ability of Blitz pick up but I have seen a lot worse that Chris Williams playing OLG for the Rams the last two seasons. CW must not be too bad if Boudreau selected CW to start over all of our other OL'ers in 2013 like Shelley Smith & Brandon Washington. Boudreau also signed another left side OG named Mike Persons and CW kept them all on the bench. Also CW has already signed with the Bills for a sizable pay increase from what the Rams were paying him. Bills signed him for a $13.5 million contract with $5.5 million guaranteed to play & start for them @ OLG. Are they serious?????

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'm good with him starting at guard and if he is really that dominant keep him there. Not sure you use a #2 over all for guard but how can you argue with this for this team. If he plays guard for 10-12 years and is a probowl player all those years it is worth it to me. Hopefully Jake is recovered in time to really be ready to pay game 1 and they stay healthy all year. There is some decent depth to develop so maybe Barksdale wants to stay next year and developing some of the depth players is all that needs to be done for the next few years.

This roster is going to be tough to crack and is no longer the door mat of the league.

The guys a long time tackle. He might very well be dominant at guard - but long term he'll dominate at LT - and that's still a more important position - so eventually we should shift him out there. Just wait till he becomes an awesome pass blocker.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I would play him at Guard and leave him there all year. This is player who needs to develop and is not ready to play LT right now. Give him the year to get comfortable, this is more a long term approach for the kid and the team. The last thing I want to do is put him in a position to fail.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The guys a long time tackle. He might very well be dominant at guard - but long term he'll dominate at LT - and that's still a more important position - so eventually we should shift him out there. Just wait till he becomes an awesome pass blocker.
If Boudreau thinks he can get it done I'm ok with that but I'm not ready to put Bradford at risk to try him out there. Fortunately the test can be accomplished in practice since we have the best pass rusher in the game too.