Rams are in last place

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams tied for last in NFL arrests since 2000

KMOV.com
Posted on June 30, 2014 at 1:32 PM

From Ravens running back Ray Rice’s arrest for allegedly beating his girlfriend to 49ers’ linebacker arrest on making a terroristic threat, the NFL – like every offseason – has seen its fair share of arrests this year.

But on the local front, things have been pretty positive crime-wise over the past 15 years, according to an NFL arrests database created by UT San Diego.

The database shows since 2000, the Rams and Houston Texans (which entered the league in 2002) have the fewest number of arrests with only nine.

The Minnesota Vikings lead the league with 44 arrests – almost five times more than the Rams - during that same time-frame.

The Rams’ low number of arrests may be a surprise to some, considering Jeff Fisher’s reputation as a coach unafraid to take chances on questionable characters.

Screen_Shot_2014-06-30_at_12.41.53_PM_medium.png

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
If only we could get by calls from the refs like we do with arrests! Playoffs!

TSRF

UDFA
Name
Matt
I'm kind of surprised that Cinci isn't #1.

Since this goes back to 2000, maybe there was something to the four pillars stuff...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Since this goes back to 2000, maybe there was something to the four pillars stuff...
The season is still young, and they're not that far behind.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Stay clean boys, stay clean! If you need a ride hire somebody and if somebody gets in your face, walk away. Thomas Paine reigns supreme in most of these cases and during the dog days of summer where no news is great news!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Damn near the bottom in another category, I don't know how much more I can take.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
So you CAN take on players with some checkered background and help them become better citizens...

4 Pillars....good idea, poorly executed. Take notes on this, Spags.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
So you CAN take on players with some checkered background and help them become better citizens...

4 Pillars....good idea, poorly executed. Take notes on this, Spags.

That's a pretty damn good take. I was up on the 4 Pillars, but never looked at it like this before. (y)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Yeah there somthin to it, since going back to 2000 is the time period were talkin and Spags was hired to coach the 2009-11 seasons what there is to it IS, we were the last team in the league to need it and it's bullshit, it was a coaches gimmick, a catch phrase giving Spags the excuse to jettison players if they were too pop culture to suit his anal style.
The number here covers 10 years he wasnt here and 8 of them before,if your looking for causation for our complete flop to 10-38 you might be onto something since we weren't really a candidate for a purge we were already a pretty well behaved team by league standards.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to hand it to the Rams for keeping what were known as troubled-past players in check, at least with regard to arrests.

Now, if they can get some of them to lay off the banned substances (most recent being Bailey), things would improve even more!

Those 4 game suspensions hurt.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
FWIW if you have a dentist or primary care physician under 35 chances are he/she used adderal to study late nights,my nephew who graduated dental school 2 years ago puts it this way ,"I didn't know anyone who wasn't doing it".

My youngest ,deans list kid wants to smoke less pot ,says the biggest problem is all his friends do it so it's everywhere he goes.

I'd bet if you gave Spags this roster he'd cut the best players and we'd be back to square 1.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Thank you Spags. I was never worried about that sorta thing under your watch. *blue font*

On a side note, I'd say this number will go up under Fisher. Lol

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Also, St Louis has a 1:30 bar curfew so the real nightlife is on the east side and the east side police are pretty easy on the athletes as long as they don't get violent. The strip clubs there don't have a lot of wealthy tourists so the players are the playuhhs and club owners get some co operation from the local POPO

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love to get on a soap box early in the morning ,but IF your dentist is under 40,and probably your family Dr as well,chances are excellent one or both used adderall to stay up and study . My nephew whose two years out of dental school puts it this way, "I didn't know anyone who wasn't using it"
My youngest son who wants to smoke less pot than he does laments he has NO friends who don't,so it's always available .
The under 30 generation doesn't see pot and other drugs the way some older people do and certainly not the way the NFL establishment does.

Why are you repeating yourself?

BTW, I am older (over 55) and I don't agree with that attitude... and I am facing the repurcussions of that attitude right now in a troubled teenager. It's not fun.

These drugs are illegal in all but two states... no getting around that.

Want to smoke pot? Move to those two states and be over 21.

Otherwise, face the consequences (includes NFL players, who - when consequences arise - it costs their teams).

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I edited that p
Why are you repeating yourself?

BTW, I am older (over 55) and I don't agree with that attitude... and I am facing the repurcussions of that attitude right now in a troubled teenager. It's not fun.

These drugs are illegal in all but two states... no getting around that.

Want to smoke pot? Move to those two states and be over 21.

Otherwise, face the consequences (includes NFL players, who - when consequences arise - it costs their teams).

I edited that somehow it was a lost post and reappeared,I have satellite internet so thing get strange at times, MAYBE NSA wanting to hold and read them before they went out.
Or work to get the archaic ineffectual laws changed where you live

I know OF ONE ram who killed anyone while on drugs during that time, he was drunk.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I edited that p

I edited that somehow it was a lost post and reappeared,I have satellite internet so thing get strange at times, MAYBE NSA wanting to hold and read them before they went out.
Or work to get the archaic ineffectual laws changed where you live

I know OF ONE ram who killed anyone while on drugs during that time, he was drunk.

Yes, and getting drunk and driving is also against the law in all states and brings consequences.

Whether that player's consequences were appropriate is up to each person to decide... but the law spoke on it.

As far as changing the laws regarding pot use in my state? I have better things to do with my time.

And, until enough people do change that law, it's still illegal... whether you or I or anyone else likes it or not.

Don't want to argue over this... it's a very personal thing... discussing those types of things usually ends up going circular.

Av8R

UDFA
As Rmfnlt said, those 4-game suspensions are what hurt us the most. Otherwise, the Rams have done a good job with not having problems with legal issues and the players. I'm actually glad and thankful the Rams have done a good job with this department. I guess they learned after Lawrence Phillips! :LOL:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Yes, and getting drunk and driving is also against the law in all states and brings consequences.

Whether that player's consequences were appropriate is up to each person to decide... but the law spoke on it.

As far as changing the laws regarding pot use in my state? I have better things to do with my time.

And, until enough people do change that law, it's still illegal... whether you or I or anyone else likes it or not.

Don't want to argue over this... it's a very personal thing... discussing those types of things usually ends up going circular.

Fine .don't ,but I'd say that post qualified as doing what you said you didn't want to do,so from this end it looks like an appeal for the last word,and FWIW the last word won't be either of ours to say and since I'm a betting man that number (2) is going to be a lot bigger soon, when it happens in your state ,first doobie is on me.

I wish congressmen had to pass drug tests ,Presidents too, I know Clinton and Ted Kennedy would have been kicked out of the NFL.