Rams are hiring Holy Cross OC Liam Coen as assistant WR coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
giphy.gif
LOL! I was thinking the same thing reading about these New Assistant Coaches!!(y);):D

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I see McVay's hires more in line with Bill Walsh's coaching tree than Belichick's: Apples from Walsh's tree often flourished and budded more coaching talent while Belichick's were rotten. Looking forward to seeing what the new assistants can do.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I see McVay's hires more in line with Bill Walsh's coaching tree than Belichick's: Apples from Walsh's tree often flourished and budded more coaching talent while Belichick's were rotten. Looking forward to seeing what the new assistants can do.

I wouldn’t agree with that . NE coaches have not been that bad. Plus your talking different era.
—Go all the way back to the Cleveland days.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good Points, however, it also seems McVay's energy is infectious and rubs off on the veteran assistants as well. Rams lost three very good assistants in Matt LaFleur, Greg Olson and Tyrone McKenzie, however, have replaced them with the likes of Jed Fische, Liam Cohen & Matt Daniels, besides promoting internally with Zac Taylor now the QB Coach and extra responsiblities for the likes of Kromer and Shane Waldron.

Waldron is going to be around awhile. He & McVay are tight . Cohen adds to that interconnection. It’s family type thing. There won’t be a lot of change. Kromer won’t be leaving soon either with his promotion.

Pleasant might be a different story ? I think the rest of the core will stay in place.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I wouldn’t agree with that . NE coaches have not been that bad. Plus your talking different era.
—Go all the way back to the Cleveland days.

What has to kill Cleveland fans is that if they wait just a few years and retain Coach B, they likely win the Super Bowl in Cleveland.

If you look at that coaching staff in Cleveland before the move...holy cow. It's like a Who's Who of coaching.

That said, I think you have coaches who come from NE who are simply inculcated in that system, but because they aren't Coach B, they can't replicate it elsewhere (and we know he spends very little time on professional development of his coaches because when he did it this year, it made big news and even created a cottage industry for rumors).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cohen and Daniels are young. I'm sure McVay and Fassel see something in them.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's seriously cool. I always liked Daniels as a player, and I'm looking forward to him coaching.

Didn’t Daniels come in with Rodney McCloud ?
I know they were both Udfa, had bad knees & were ACC safeties.I think he was better than Rodney, but had that career injury.