Rams: Are Expectations too high?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
My expectations

This is still a Jeff Fisher coached team , so I expect to see a team who has a first and goal from the 1 , only to go to second and goal from the 11 , then third and goal from the 11 , and then miss a 37 yard field goal

I expect a defense that still has no idea how to cover a Tight End

I expect a team that has the ability to make the other teams 3rd string QB look like an all pro

I expect a team who will have a different starting offensive line every week

I expect Jeff Fisher will be telling us yet once again how the Rams are the youngest team in the league..................for the third year in a row

I expect WR's dropping passes that were right on their numbers

I expect the Rams will have large home crowds who will be leaving the game mid way through the 3rd quarter to beat the traffic

I expect the other team putting 9 guys on the line to stop Gurley

I expect the Rams to beat 1 team they probably shouldn't have , but then to only turn around and lose to 3 teams they should have beat

I expect to see a team that actually has some talent , make stupid mistakes

I'm hoping for 12-4

I'm expecting another Jeff Fisher coached team at 7-9

:cool:

That's a lot to expect, but I think we can pull it off.

Psycho_X

Legend
My expectations

This is still a Jeff Fisher coached team , so I expect to see a team who has a first and goal from the 1 , only to go to second and goal from the 11 , then third and goal from the 11 , and then miss a 37 yard field goal

I expect a defense that still has no idea how to cover a Tight End

I expect a team that has the ability to make the other teams 3rd string QB look like an all pro

I expect a team who will have a different starting offensive line every week

I expect Jeff Fisher will be telling us yet once again how the Rams are the youngest team in the league..................for the third year in a row

I expect WR's dropping passes that were right on their numbers

I expect the Rams will have large home crowds who will be leaving the game mid way through the 3rd quarter to beat the traffic

I expect the other team putting 9 guys on the line to stop Gurley

I expect the Rams to beat 1 team they probably shouldn't have , but then to only turn around and lose to 3 teams they should have beat

I expect to see a team that actually has some talent , make stupid mistakes

I expect a few games the Rams will score early , maybe even go up , 10-0 , get our hopes up, only to go on to lose 10-31

I'm hoping for 12-4

I'm expecting another Jeff Fisher coached team at 7-9

Yep, pretty much nailed my hopes but expectations.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
images

Actually you meant Super Bowl 2017 right? 2016 was won by the Broncos I think ;)

Did you go to the University of California? just kiddn

Anim_summer.gif
Love the drawing....is that a flat earth?

…..

Legend
Theres nothing wrong with expecting your team to win.

I do believe you can put too much expectaion on individuals.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
We got an offense lacking a true number one receiver for nearly a decade led by either a rookie or Case Keenum. A defense thats lost longtime leaders and a questionable secondary. All overseen by Jeff Fisher. Why wouldn't we go 7-9?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think the better question is "Have Rams fans lost their minds and forgotten how meaningless preseason is?
Followed closely by "Are fans being over-dramatic and far too reactionary after 1 preseason game that featured neither our starters or a designed game plan?"

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
My expectations.........

This was a great rant about the difference between expectations and hope.
Based on "past results", you've basically summed up the highs and more lows that have come with rooting for the Rams the last few years.

Nothing changes until it changes....just like 99. I'll believe it when I see it. For self preservation, I must go into the season with curbed expectations.

I can't afford to spend the majority of my Sundays being a miserable bastard.... disappointing the the wife, the boys, and even the dog with my cry baby dick-headed-ness.

There is however reason to be excited. There is reason to be hopeful. There is reason to be pumped.
Football is back. I give a damn. One of those 32 teams is my team. They have horns. I can't wait to yell and scream and cheer and shout and drink beer.

Bring on the Highs and Lows baby! I'm in no matter what. There's a fine line between 6-10 and 10-6. A few breaks, bounces separate those records. Most of the teams will finish in that space. We are too talented to be 1)very bad. So it will be 2)middle of pack or 3)great this year. That's a 50 50 chance at reaching great, up from the 1 in 3 odds in years past.

In summary, I've talked myself out of being rational. Fuck hope. I EXPECT great things out of our Rams this year!
I'm so sure of it -- I'm going to order one of these today:

proMed-DKC5811BSL1.jpg

because this up-coming great season deserves ice cold draft on tap!

Go Rams!

SierraRam

Recreational User
Are Expectations too high? perhaps
images

Week 1: at San Francisco 49ers WIN
Week 2: vs. Seattle Seahawks WIN
Week 3: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers WIN
Week 4: at Arizona Cardinals Loss
Week 5: vs. Buffalo Bills WIN
Week 6: at. Detroit Lions WIN
Week 7: vs. New York Giants WIN
Week 8: Bye
Week 9: vs. Carolina Panthers Loss
Week 10: at New York Jets WIN
Week 11: vs. Miami Dolphins WIN
Week 12: at New Orleans Saints WIN
Week 13: at. New England Patriots Loss
Week 14: vs. Atlanta Falcons WIN
Week 15: at Seattle Seahawks Loss
Week 16: vs. San Francisco 49ers WIN
Week 17: vs. Arizona Cardinals WIN

Sincerely,
Preseason Ram Fanatic

12-4 Bookmark :cool:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Fisher is back home. Culver City native. He might be inspired to whoop some @ss this season. Going to drop it like its hot.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Sorry guys, but I truly expect a 5-11 or 6-10 season. If this happens, it would suck not having that top 10 pick, but Goff's ascension should ease the pain.

A55VA6

Legend
I expect between 6-8 wins this season. Anything less, I'd be a bit surprised.. anything more, I'd be ecstatic.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
IF in year 5 of any regime you do not have high expectations... You're doing it wrong.