Rams: Are Expectations too high?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
NOPE FISHER Said it himself...... He's not going EFFING 7-9, 8-8, or even 10-6 for that matter.. Expectations should remain high and until we see different I'm with Fisher :cool:

image.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i didn't listen to the audio so i have no idea what they said but to draw any conclusions from the 1st preseason game is ridiculousness of the highest order. it's the friggin 1st preseason game.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
@Florida_Ram sweet pic.

For me, I will remain hopeful but not overly optimistic. I said this sometime ago, but I feel there is much for this young team to endure this season. With the move from St. Louis, getting acclimated to L.A., Hard Knocks, etc. could prove to be too much to handle this year. So we definitely could see a true "transition" year. I do think there is enough talent on this team to put together a winning season, and maybe make the playoffs. But in order to do this, they have to tune out the media and other distractions and just focus on what's happening in the meeting rooms, practice field, and game day. Make sure the little things are not overlooked. This is the difference between winning or continuing to be mediocre. Time to step up put together a winning attitude,winning team and winning season. As Fisher stated... "We don't need any 7-9 Bull$hit going on."

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
my exceptions are 7-9

just like every year

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Depends, if it's past 10 wins, it's too high imo. I certainly won't stand for 7-9 bullshit though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, heading in to Saturday's game I thought we were on track for 16-0
But seeing Goff struggle a bit makes me rethink that and now 15-1 seems more realitic

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Expectations should be high, but if you can't enjoy the ride what's the point?

RamWoodie

Legend
It's basically a "point counterpoint" discussion that is meaningless at this point. That conversation has been done in this forum.

What it comes down to is what made my mouth drop open when I heard the trade to move up and get Goff. I still think the Rams gave too much for Goff, but it's water under the bridge.

He's here...I'm in his corner...but yeah...HE'S GOTTA SHOW ME! He made some very nice throws but nothing really made me go wow in the short time he played. I just hope they staff doesn't push the kid to fast and ruin him. That's what I think happened to Carr with the Texans...and if you ask me Carr looked better than Goff coming out of college.

If the Rams aren't careful they can do the same!

Debacled

Starter
The same thing that has been an issue since Bulger was QBing (the QB, not the shell ran out there for his last couple seasons) is going to be an issue this year. Keenum may be able to manage games, but he isn't going to win a SB for anyone and Goff is simply a rookie who coming out of a spread system isn't going to be established enough in the NFL to put this team over the top.

In a division featuring the Cardinals and Seahawks its going to be a little more than an uphill climb. The coaching staff isn't going to be the issue, its going to be the lack of good enough QB play.....as can be said for the rest of Fishers tenure since he was brought on. Bradford could have been that guy, but the knee injuries kind of put that candle to bed.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Carr got abused because Boselli was basically injured the whole time he was starting. Bang on GR all you want, but it's not the same situation.

Plus, maybe Carr was Joey Harrington.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
My expectations

This is still a Jeff Fisher coached team , so I expect to see a team who has a first and goal from the 1 , only to go to second and goal from the 11 , then third and goal from the 11 , and then miss a 37 yard field goal

I expect a defense that still has no idea how to cover a Tight End

I expect a team that has the ability to make the other teams 3rd string QB look like an all pro

I expect a team who will have a different starting offensive line every week

I expect Jeff Fisher will be telling us yet once again how the Rams are the youngest team in the league..................for the third year in a row

I expect WR's dropping passes that were right on their numbers

I expect the Rams will have large home crowds who will be leaving the game mid way through the 3rd quarter to beat the traffic

I expect the other team putting 9 guys on the line to stop Gurley

I expect the Rams to beat 1 team they probably shouldn't have , but then to only turn around and lose to 3 teams they should have beat

I expect to see a team that actually has some talent , make stupid mistakes

I expect a few games the Rams will score early , maybe even go up , 10-0 , get our hopes up, only to go on to lose 10-31

I'm hoping for 12-4

I'm expecting another Jeff Fisher coached team at 7-9

:cool:

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
My expectations

This is still a Jeff Fisher coached team , so I expect to see a team who has a first and goal from the 1 , only to go to second and goal from the 11 , then third and goal from the 11 , and then miss a 37 yard field goal

I expect a defense that still has no idea how to cover a Tight End

I expect a team that has the ability to make the other teams 3rd sting QB look like an all pro

I expect a team who will have a different starting offensive line every week

I expect Jeff Fisher will be telling us yet once again how the Rams are the youngest team in the league..................for the third year in a row

I expect WR's dropping passes that were right on their numbers

I expect the Rams will have large home crowds who will be leaving the game mid way through the 3rd quarter to beat the traffic

I expect the other team putting 9 guys on the line to stop Gurley

I expect the Rams to beat 1 team they probably shouldn't have , but then to only turn around and lose to 3 teams they should have beat

I expect to see a team that actually has some talent , make stupid mistakes

I'm hoping for 12-4

I'm expecting another Jeff Fisher coached team at 7-9

:cool:

Hmm. I find it hard to argue with you. That's all we've seen for the last 4 years. I can see how you would expect to see all of those things as long as Fisher runs the show. It's not out of the realm of possibility. But man I hope we don't. I'm quite certain we'll be 10-6 and have a wildcard playoff game.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Hmm. I find it hard to argue with you. That's all we've seen for the last 4 years. I can see how you would expect to see all of those things as long as Fisher runs the show. It's not out of the realm of possibility. But man I hope we don't. I'm quite certain we'll be 10-6 and have a wildcard playoff game.
Love the Avatar , I had the same basic sweatshirt , :yess: