Rams are an NFL first! Male Cheerleaders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams have another NFL first in 2018 when they'll be the first to have men in the cheerleader groups manning the sidelines.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/m...ry-describe-lengthy-la-rams/story?id=54063851

For the first time in NFL history, the Los Angeles Rams announced that two men would join its cheerleading squad.

Quinton Peron and Napolean Jinnies will step out on the field this season, cheering and dancing alongside the previously all-female team.

"I thought, 'Why not me? Why can't I do this?' And called my friend and I asked her when auditions were for the Rams and she told me Sunday [March 11] and I showed up," Peron said in an interview on "Good Morning America."

The two men and California natives were among the 76 finalists who auditioned for the Rams cheer team and told "GMA" they were elated to make the squad, especially after the lengthy audition process.

"They were unlike anything I've ever been to. I'm used to getting a call after or an email," Jinnies said, referring to other auditions. "This one was about three weeks long and we had a bunch of rehearsals in between and an extensive interview process, but it was really humbling and amazing to be invited every time you came back."

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgxTzWAALgR/

Both men are classically-trained dancers and have been performing their whole lives. LA Rams cheerleader captain Emily Leibert said they were chosen for more than just their killer moves.

"They really just fit the bill to be a Los Angeles Rams cheerleader. They are intelligent, they are eloquent, they are more than qualified to be ambassadors out in the community," Leibert said. "They bring so much energy and there's something so magnetic about their performance, you really can't take your eyes off them."

View: https://twitter.com/LARamsCheer/status/978715363129962496

Peron and Jinnies round out the team of 40 cheerleaders and will perform as traditional cheerleaders in every sense of the word.

Both the Baltimore Ravens and the Indianapolis Colts have male stuntmen, but Peron and Jinnies are the first-ever male dancers for a professional NFL team.

TexasRam

Legend
tenor.gif

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Now we know why they felt the need to make so many big splash acquisitions

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unfortunately for them, they are also not allowed to have any contact with the football players.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
The first thing I thought when I saw this was how funny it is that no NFL team has ever had male cheerleaders before. My high school had male cheerleaders. So did the college I went to, and every other University with athletics. But not in the NFL-the fans just won't accept it!

Haha big freaking deal.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
That's pretty cool. Pretty surprising that we're first, but I guess you could say it's about time.

Status
Not open for further replies.