Rams announce first cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Limey

Rookie
It wasn't me that said he has lost his speed. That's the least of my concerns with him. I think he has lost his heart. He didn't do himself any favors with this coaching staff when the first thing he says when they got here in the spring, was to admit he really didn't work all that hard LAST YEAR, after thinking he had arrived with his rookie season. Then he goes out and wets the bed the last year.

I know he was trying to fame it as he learned from it, but that's not exactly how you win the confidence of a staff as you are getting ready to start OTAs. He has been buried on the depth chart ever since. That's obviously just a guess on my part, and doesn't even get into the on the field issues that still show up. Like he just doesn't show any interest or ability to fight for a contested ball. That his route tree is limited to basically FOUR routes. That if he doesn't get behind someone, he will give up on his route. I could go on, but at this point, it would just be piling on.

Bottom line, he has been passed up by other receivers, and the minute Kenny Britt showed up, the writing was on the wall. And how did he respond to the challenge? He folded up like a cheap suit.

This is something that has come through quite clearly in your camp reports from this year and last year. I remember you describing Quinn coming up against Long for the first time in practice, and Long basically handling him, then Quinn coming back a day or two later with new moves and getting much the better of him - iron sharpening iron. In contrast, Jenkins apparently owned Givens from start to finish in last year's camp, to the extent that I seem to recall that you and Hammer both thought that Jenkins might be the best player on the team. Once they were put up against other teams, both struggled to greater or lesser extents - wet paper rusting iron.