Rams and Eagles Have Problems Beyond Failed Quarterback Swap

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
crap! Maybe ONE season....what were we thinking?
Rams Org. " thinking" was in a state of panic & was not paying much attention. Looks to me they just realized that after Saffold left for the bay their OL looked like malnutrition wing/ward of a hospital. Seems to me the OL until this May was always a Fisher afterthought. In Fisher's world the OL is low on the priority list somewhere down with the water boy squad.
It looks terrible when you line it up like that....
Yep true lined up facts are certainly UGLY!
I still think the way his contract is structured, he probably lasts 2016....
I would agree with the issues ongoing at OLT & the reserves Battle & Williams currently looking impotent Saffold could be a solid emergency plan back up @ OLT if Robinson continues in his funk into 2016. As already discussed in my previous post both Saffold & Reynolds would be a bona fide outstanding back ups & certainly fill the needs in 2016 as multi purpose OL'ers injury insurance for the super injury prone Rams OL.
But his replacement (Wichman?) will play... A LOT....
I think Saffold ability to start @ right OG in 2016 is going to be very very low probability.
I still say he was retained more for his attitude & leadership....Sorta like CLong & JL55.... Than his actual play.
I agree.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When he failed the Raiders physical, I seem to recall most fans were saying how stupid the Raiders were and how they must have gotten it wrong.
I dont recall the particulars, but IIRC he didnt fail a physical, thought there were some concerns about it.
Seemed at the time that the Raiders flubbed the deal and was criticized for it.
In any event, whatever the hold up, they were right and the Rams were very wrong....

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yeah, in hindsight it appears we'd have been better off keeping Barksdale and letting Saffold go

Not a Joe Barksdale fan here on his pass blocking ability from the ORT post. However Barksdale is as good & solid as they come in the NFL in his ability to remain on the field of play. A super-iron man. The total opposite of a Rodger Saffold. Fact is Barksdale got his chance to show he could be a starter in the NFL due to Saffold injury issues.

You can see when watching the San Diego Chargers who currently have dubs on the #3 overall 2016 draft selection, Barksdale has maintained the ability to get Rivers killed each & every passing down.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a Joe Barksdale fan here on his pass blocking ability from the ORT post. However Barksdale is as good & solid as they come in the NFL in his ability to remain on the field of play. A super-iron man. The total opposite of a Rodger Saffold. Fact is Barksdale got his chance to show he could be a starter in the NFL due to Saffold injury issues.

You can see when watching the San Diego Chargers who currently have dubs on the #3 overall 2016 draft selection, Barksdale has maintained the ability to get Rivers killed each & every passing down.
I'd take my chances with Barksdale over the rookies who cant stay on the field either. I agree he isnt great, and not a franchise LT type guy. But I sure think him at LT and Grob at LG we'd see improvement.
Oh well, never know

MrMotes

Starter
The Raiders were concerned with Saffold's left shoulder. It hasn't been a problem. It's the right shoulder that's been the problem.

When you look at the resources we put into Jason Smith and Roger Saffold, we got virtually zero return on those investments...