Rams and Cowboys seasons parallel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The 2014 Dallas Cowboys were 12-4 and won a playoff game, before losing in the divisional round to Green Bay.

They were 5th in total offense. Their defense, was 15th in points per game. The Rams finished 16th in ppg.

Fast forward to 2015;

The Rams defense is 12th in points per game, the Cowboys are once again 15th.

The offense? Dallas is 29th in points per game, the Rams 30th.

Dallas fell from 12-4 and a legit Super Bowl contender to a team currently at 4-10 with mostly the same performance from their defense... But an offense that is struggling because of poor QB play.

Yeah, yeah... Dez was hurt early. They also lost Murray to FA. But losing Romo was the biggest blow to this team.

That brings me to our Rams. I think we have serveral holes to fill on the team, but when you look at the parallel between our team and Dallas... We get better play at QB we are closer than you think.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting stats, CGI. Of course the Cowboys have arguably the best O-line in the NFL. But I agree... a good quarterback will get us into the playoffs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We get better play at QB we are closer than you think
We get better QB play, and we're sitting at 9-5 right now. And that's not even speculation. That's a fact.
Foles lost 4 games for us this year all by himself. Four.

Memphis Ram

Legend
But, the Cowboys are said to have the best OLine in the NFL.
Shouldn't that have solved most of their woes?:shocked:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
54b654a5c00dc.image.jpg

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
But, the Cowboys are said to have the best OLine in the NFL.
Shouldn't that have solved most of their woes?:shocked:
Eh, with Cowboys oline, I think we see a much better version of Nick Foles. Before he started to get the piss taken out of him, he did beat the Seahawks with his arm. And that was the first start for Havenstein and Brown.

I'm not trying to say I think Foles is the answer, but maybe more that our line isn't quite yet up to snuff to make anyone look great.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This makes me wonder if we should have made the Bradford trade or not! IDK!!

( PS; I hate being compared to the CowBell's for any reason, at anytime! My Hate Runs Deep!!!!)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think it's a matter of one or the other. A good O-line can make a bad QB look okay, and a good QB can make a bad O-line look okay. The inverse is also true. A bad O-line can make a good QB look bad, and a bad QB can make a good O-line look bad. In the end, you kinda need both so that there are no handicaps on offense.

ohiorams

Rookie
Another parallel.
If Seattle loses out and Rams win out.
The Rams will need Dallas to beat Redskins,to make the playoffs.
The Rams aren't close to anything till the get a cool looking QB with a cool name.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This makes me wonder if we should have made the Bradford trade or not! IDK!!

( PS; I hate being compared to the CowBell's for any reason, at anytime! My Hate Runs Deep!!!!)

I think we would be playoff bound with Bradford, but you can't really tell who wins that trade long term until well after that 2nd rounder is spent.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Eh, with Cowboys oline, I think we see a much better version of Nick Foles. Before he started to get the pee pee taken out of him, he did beat the Seahawks with his arm. And that was the first start for Havenstein and Brown.

I'm not trying to say I think Foles is the answer, but maybe more that our line isn't quite yet up to snuff to make anyone look great.

Maybe. But, the Rams have beaten Seattle with Austin Davis at QB. And should have beat them with Kellen Clemmens at QB.

…..

Legend
Hard to imagine that a few months ago we all thought that even with marginal QB play, we'd be in the hunt come December.

We never even imagined that we would not get even marginal QB play.

You're right CGI....we are closer than it appears. Actually, I think we are there if we have that QB.

manmaderam

The one and only
To be honest very good similarities, and interesting stats! (Gives me hope!! Lol)

But I do agree a better QB would put us there. Naturally our young oline will grow together and be like Dallas.

They had Murray. We have GURLEY!!

But not only did they have better QB play. They had better WR's in my opinion.

Rams WR have a history of drops lately, but put in better QB and more WR focus.........then holy shit rams brethren, we are Super Bowl bound!!!!!!!

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
To be honest very good similarities, and interesting stats! (Gives me hope!! Lol)

But I do agree a better QB would put us there. Naturally our young oline will grow together and be like Dallas.

They had Murray. We have GURLEY!!

But not only did they have better QB play. They had better WR's in my opinion.

Rams WR have a history of drops lately, but put in better QB and more WR focus.........then holy crap rams brethren, we are Super Bowl bound!!!!!!!

wow a super bowl fantasy before this season is over. mine won't start till after next years draft.