Rams Anagram Crossword Quiz (hard!)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
It's a long boring offseason, so...

I enjoy puzzles involving word anagrams. So here's a quiz for y'all. Fair warning, they're pretty hard.

Note regarding answers:
If you can, please hide the answers using the "spoiler" feature. Ideally I'd like for the answers to not be revealed for about 48 hours, so posters can make their guesses and give it a shot. In the meantime, feel free to post something like, "I figured out #'s 3, 4, and 6, but I'm still working on the others." I'll plan on revealing the answers on Thursday.

Puzzle rules:
1. All answers are an anagram of "LOS ANGELES RAMS." So, all puzzle answers contain 14 letters.
2. All clues are presented in the style commonly used in crossword puzzles.
3. All puzzle answers are three words long.
4. Just to help keep track, here's a list of the 14 letters in each correct answer: S,S,S,L,L,A,A,E,E,O,R,M,G,N.

Puzzle Clue example with answer and explanation:

Clue: Gollum didn't jog as much.

Answer: Sméagol ran less.

Explanation: "Sméagol" was the original name of the "Gollum" creature in Tolkien's The Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings. And "ran less" is synonymous with "didn't jog as much." As always, the answer has 14 letters, with 3 s's, 2 l's, 2 a's, 2 e's, and one each of o, r, m, g, n.

"My precious," indeed!

Now, on to the quiz! Some of the clues and answers use R-rated juvenile humor, just to liven things up. Remember, all answers contain three words. Helpful hint: make a list of the 14 answers letters, and once you've figured out one of the words, cross off its letters so you know which ones remain.

Here's the 8 puzzle clues:

1. Sun's splooge whore

2. 12th letter organizes non-winners

3. Gain knowledge of butt's clay figures of folklore

4. Born as "ski race on bare hill"

5. In addition, not quite as Deutsch

6. Young lady mutilates iron deposit

7. Ram # 54's ejaculation bargain (Note: this answer contains an apostrophe)

8. Secret Service screws Spanish ship

Okay, there you have it! Hey @AvengerRam, I'm counting on you to give this a shot, since I know you like puzzles. Here's hoping a few other posters give it a try also.

If anyone else wants to create their own anagram clue to "LOS ANGELES RAMS", I'd be happy to try to guess the answer.

--XXXIVwin

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
A few more…

2. L manages losers
5. Also less German
6. lass mangles ore
8. SS reams galleon

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best (more or less) guesses:

solar's semen gal

L manages losers

nee grass slalom

also less german

lass mangles ore

len's orgasm sale

ss reams galleon

Speaking of Puzzle:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvuqmSQEnaA

Awesome!

The last 6 answers are all letter-perfect.

Only minor issue would be changing one letter for answer to #1.

Answer was intended to be "solar semen slag." Slag is a British slang term for "slut." Now that I think of it, maybe "Sun's splooge slut" would have been a better clue, just for the alliteration!

I appreciate that you spent time playing the quiz, hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
A few more…

2. L manages losers
5. Also less German
6. lass mangles ore
8. SS reams galleon
Great! All your answers so far have been letter-perfect.

Props to TSFHFan for getting all of 'em. Feel free to try the rest, unless you already peeked at the spoilers!

I appreciate you taking the time to tackle the quiz, hope you had fun doing so.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Below are some HINTS just in case anyone else is brave enough (or bored enough!) to give this quiz a shot. Below I'll list the FIRST WORD of the answer to each clue:

1. Solar
2. L
3. Learn
4. Nee
5. Also
6. Lass
7. Len's
8. SS