Rams Among 14 Teams Paid By DOD to Display Support of Military

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It really is true.

Several studies have been done using census data as well as other data gathering means.

Less than 3% of all Americans have any DIRECT connections, meaning anyone in their family, in the military.

And that jibes with what you guys are saying... the military is a family affair. Outside of those whose families put a LOT of people in the service... not a lot join.

Why else do you think the military started using the Stop Loss program to such a degree? People outside of the "family circle" stopped joining.

As for the OP, I have mixed feelings.

I guess where I come down is this: I want to know what is advertising and what is a "show of patriotic support". If it's a little bit of support, meaning that they give them wholesale rates or whatnot...then fine. Just let us all know what the deal is.

What I think sucks is the NFL Corporation waving the flag as if the Corporation cared one iota about anything the US of A offers besides a stable legal and banking system. I mean, I don't have one doubt that the NFL would be headquartered in the Cayman Islands or somewhere else if it was in the best financial interest of the NFL Corporation. And they should do that for the shareholders as fiduciary guardians. But, let's not get it twisted... corporations aren't patriotic.

So, if the NFL decides that it is good for the business model to "show patriotism", then fine. As Congressman Frank Underwood (I've only seen most of Season One of House of Cards, so no SPOILERS!) would say, "generosity is it's own power". So fine, be generous if that's what the plan is.

But do NOT put forth a facade of generosity and sucker the fans into thinking that the NFL Corporation is actually a patriotic entity when it is actually simply... conducting a commercial transaction with the DoD or one of it's subsidiaries. That's just manipulative and low.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Damn shame the NFL would take money for advertisement...I get it, but still...
Damn shame the military would need to advertise or market....trillion dollar operation...while schools rot in our cities...I volunteer at the LB VA....the old timers look happy and proud, love to tell stories...the younger guys..well lets just say that even at 6'3, 250 lbs, I tip-toe around them trying not to stir any ill will...