CELEBRATE !! Rams agree to terms with Donte Whitner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wonder if they are waiting to announce it because they don't want to lose any leverage in negotiations to move Foles or Keenum (i.e., don't announce that you need the cap room yet) ...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
OS8VJdg.jpg
I grew up in Lynwood. My Pops grew up minutes away from the Coliseum in Inglewood. Rams have always been in my blood!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Hope he's in shape and has a bit left in the tank! I'd really like to see Joyner have a go at being a pure center fielding ball hawking FS though.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hope he's in shape and has a bit left in the tank! I'd really like to see Joyner have a go at being a pure center fielding ball hawking FS though.
Personally I think he's too short. He wouldn't be very effective on jump balls down field.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm starting to think he wants the Rams more then the Rams want him

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
You'd think if this actually went down they'd have announced it by now, since offseason workouts are starting up.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
So turfshowtimes posted that this happened this morning. They think we are waiting until the draft to announce the signing or you know could be nothing...

image.png

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I actually like the idea of moving TJ to McLeods role... I think that really opens up some amazing defensive possibilities...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As a USC fan, I believe TJ Macdonald played FS.
I remember him wearing like #7 ,the same as Matt Barkley.
Sort of like Brian Cushing wearing #10 & Matt Cassell the same.Weird how they do offense & defense same numbers.

If Donte Whittner signs where does he play SS ?? Mo Alexander is going to be a stud.Would be a good veteran to come in & help for a season until he is fully ready. Think of the WR trying to come over the middle. TJ got suspened a game from FS position because he come in so hard.Then Hittner speaks for it's self.Barron is a hard hitter,along with Ogletree at MLB.

A55VA6

Legend
We'll sign him. I just think with all the draft stuff they wanted to wait. My guess is within the next week or so.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll sign him. I just think with all the draft stuff they wanted to wait. My guess is within the next week or so.

Makes sense. They likely wanted to make certain that no safety they really loved fell to them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
As a USC fan, I believe TJ Macdonald played FS.
I remember him wearing like #7 ,the same as Matt Barkley.
Sort of like Brian Cushing wearing #10 & Matt Cassell the same.Weird how they do offense & defense same numbers.

If Donte Whittner signs where does he play SS ?? Mo Alexander is going to be a stud.Would be a good veteran to come in & help for a season until he is fully ready. Think of the WR trying to come over the middle. TJ got suspened a game from FS position because he come in so hard.Then Hittner speaks for it's self.Barron is a hard hitter,along with Ogletree at MLB.

I believe you are right.

I wonder if they wanted to take a look at the safeties they got in UDFA, before signing Hitner. The guy from Tennessee looks like he could takeover McLeod's job tomorrow.

A55VA6

Legend
I believe you are right.

I wonder if they wanted to take a look at the safeties they got in UDFA, before signing Hitner. The guy from Tennessee looks like he could takeover McLeod's job tomorrow.
Quite possible. The thing that worries me about Randolph (the Tennessee guy) is his injury history. Torn ACL, lingering shoulder issues/stingers.

I imagine they want to at least have a "safe" veteran option in Whitner, which is why I think he'll be signed pretty soon.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think Whitner will be a good replacement for McLeod! The deal works for me!!(y);)