CELEBRATE !! Rams agree to terms with Donte Whitner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I like it. He was an all pro just two years ago and was stuck on a bad Cleveland team this year. We're gunna have a terrifying defensive backfield.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
image.jpeg
Los Angeles area code, no?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm ok with it, though we'll be shy a true centerfielder. Damn receivers will have to keep their heads up though. Checks one more box off before the draft at least. QB at one, and then find a way to get a WR, TE, C and LB with the next four picks. Grab a couple of DBs as UDFAs (a strength of Snead and his staff) and go to war.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since the Rams traded away so many picks, they need to start filling in some needs with short term contracts at reasonably low money. They seriously need to scout the lower tier guys and score a good UDFA or two.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Does that mean no Jalen Ramsey at #1 now?

nadafinga.gif

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does that mean no Jalen Ramsey at #1 now?

nadafinga.gif

Since people keep posting that the Rams would have made the playoffs with a different kicker - obviously that's what they are going for.

Psycho_X

Legend
Good depth but not sure how it helps replace McCleod. So far I haven't heard a good alternative to him leaving.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm confused. Does this mean that T.J. is moving to FS? Or are they signing Whitner and using him as a depth/sub-package player in case Barron gets hurt?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm confused. Does this mean that T.J. is moving to FS? Or are they signing Whitner and using him as a depth/sub-package player in case Barron gets hurt?
I think they're gonna sort it out in camp.
Alexander, Whitner, Davis, McDonald, Joyner, maybe even Sensabaugh who got a look at safety in Tennessee.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
wonder if they plan to use him in Barron's old role. now that Barron is technically a LB they could go back to the big nickel (4-2-5) and have Whitner as the 5th db.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

TJ played FS at USC one or two years. Didn't he? I always thought he could pull it off with Williams role for free safety.