Rams Addiction Prospect Watch: E.J. Gaines, Donte Moncrief, Ra’Shede Hageman, Melvin Gordon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
Rams Addiction Prospect Watch
Game tape and analysis for:

Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconson, RS So., 6’-1”, 203 lbs., Round: 2
Ra’Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota, RS Sr., 6’-6”, 311 lbs., Round 1-2
E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri, Sr., 5’-10”, 195 lbs., Round 2-3
Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss Jr., 6’-2”, 226 lbs., Round 2-3

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I like Gordon a lot, think he could be really really good, just not sure we need a rb in round 2 with how well Stacy is doing. Would love to have him though.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree. I definitely think they need depth at RB, but it'll be hard to justify a 2nd round pick on the position if Stacy plays well for the rest of the season.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Gordon is good but in this draft he might slip to the 3rd or 4th. Combine is key for him.
Gaines a decent in 3rd. But he's a depth guy, avg. starter is his top end.
Hageman I do that in 2nd for sure. He might go late 1st.
I want to see how fast Moncrief is.

These are all good players, good additions if drafted at proper level.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ra'shede Hageman is a name to keep an eye on if they decide to go after a DT. He'll go mid first round imo. He has the size Fisher and Waufle look for(6'6" 310) and he's an athletic one-gap penetrator who would complement Brockers well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ra'shede Hageman is a name to keep an eye on if they decide to go after a DT. He'll go mid first round imo. He has the size Fisher and Waufle look for(6'6" 310) and he's an athletic one-gap penetrator who would complement Brockers well.

Agreed. I honestly think that Hageman has the highest upside out of any defensive tackle in this year's class, and there's no way he'll fall to the second. If we're going to get him, it has to be with a first round pick.

I've watched Gaines a lot, and I think that he's the best cornerback Mizzou has had in a long time. Is he only going to be a nickleback at the next level? Yeah. But he has the skillset to be a very damned good one. He's not fast, but he's lightning quick, has a very high football I.Q., makes great breaks on the ball, won't give up ground to bigger receivers, and is willing and able to support against the run.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I like Gordon a lot, think he could be really really good, just not sure we need a rb in round 2 with how well Stacy is doing. Would love to have him though.
Would be less of a question mark if we knew what Pead can do! Definely need depth.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Would be less of a question mark if we knew what Pead can do! Definely need depth.

I think it is just time to move on from Pead, might be best for both parties. Do i want him to succeed? ofc!!! but it is not looking like he will have a chance while with the Rams.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I think it is just time to move on from Pead, might be best for both parties. Do i want him to succeed? ofc!!! but it is not looking like he will have a chance while with the Rams.
Next 6 games should tell the tale, I believe! Would rather spend a pick on a linebacker!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Next 6 games should tell the tale, I believe! Would rather spend a pick on a linebacker!

A. Barr with the Redskins pick and R. Hageman with ours? Then J. Hurst, OT UNC in the 2nd!

Wonderboy

Rookie
Gordon is good but in this draft he might slip to the 3rd or 4th. Combine is key for him.
Gaines a decent in 3rd. But he's a depth guy, avg. starter is his top end.
Hageman I do that in 2nd for sure. He might go late 1st.
I want to see how fast Moncrief is.

These are all good players, good additions if drafted at proper level.

The only part I disagree with is Gaines. This guy is pretty good. He comes up in run support and is a very good, aggressive tackler. And nobody talks about that because his coverage skills make him an all-SEC guy. I think he could be the answer for phasing out (or cutting if necessary) Cortland. I would love to see EJ Gaines in horns.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A. Barr with the Redskins pick and R. Hageman with ours? Then J. Hurst, OT UNC in the 2nd!

Personally, if I were going that direction, I think Khalil Mack would be the better fit. But the only way I'm going LB in Round 1 is if we're taking a SLB/Pass Rusher hybrid like Mack or Barr...otherwise, they'd be a 2 down player with all the nickel we play.