Rams Addiction Podcast, Episode 49: Think About the Future

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Great addition as usual guys. Thanks for sharing.

I really liked your point about Snisher still using some of BD's scouts in the 2012 draft. Really makes you think and gives you hope for the future.

I still quibble with you about the worth of Tavon. I agree that he's looking like a good first round pick but we used a first round and a second round pick to get him. I don't see him living up to that cost.

Totally agree with Mike's (?) reasoning concerning Saffold. I see no value in tagging him but I see plenty of good reasons why he should be signed for another 4 or 5 years.

You can't cut Jake Long IMO. Bad bad move long term for many of the same reasons Mike enumerated. I would put him on IR right now though.

I hope you guys are going to have a draft podcast later on down the road. I'd really be interested in hearing who you guys like and when you think we can get them. I'm also interested in your thoughts about the merits of a trade down and if you like it, how far down would you go.

Anyway, lots of good thoughts.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Alan. I (Anthony) was the one arguing that we should give Saffold a multi-year deal instead of tagging him. Mike agreed with you that we should keep Long. I can see both sides, but I think cutting him is at least worth considering given the circumstances; those clauses were put in place for a reason.

The tentative plan for now is to have a recap of the Seahawks game next week, then a full season recap the following week. After that we'll probably take a break until the first week of March, when we'll be back with a free agency preview episode. From there we'll be talking draft each week, with free agent update segments in each episode, leading up to the May 8th draft.

Thanks again for listening and for the feedback.

Alan

Legend
Hey, it sounds like good stuff in the offing. Love to hear it.

Even if you're wrong about Long.:lol: