Rams Addiction Podcast, Episode 26: Packers Recap / Broncos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Re: Rams Addiction Podcast, Episode 26: Packers Recap / Bron

Good insight on the GB game but I have a question about your comments concerning Jordan Miller. As he was playing with their second team, why did you think he's not going to make the team?

Hey Anthony, you have to stop stealing things directly from my brain. "Don't do this you moron" came directly from my left prefrontal lobe. :plzstop:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontal_lobe
The executive functions of the frontal lobes involve the ability to recognize future consequences resulting from current actions, to choose between good and bad actions (or better and best), override and suppress socially unacceptable responses, and determine similarities and differences between things or events.

Fantastic audio on the Bronco guy! Really great job there.

My only disappointment (I know that it was over an hour as it is) is that I didn't get to hear anything about the third stringers. Especially the battle between (in my mind) Helmick and Veltung for the 6th WR spot.

Great job guys and thanks for posting here! :ja:

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

albefree69 said:
Good insight on the GB game but I have a question about your comments concerning Jordan Miller. As he was playing with their second team, why did you think he's not going to make the team?

Hey Anthony, you have to stop stealing things directly from my brain. "Don't do this you moron" came directly from my left prefrontal lobe. :plzstop:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontal_lobe
The executive functions of the frontal lobes involve the ability to recognize future consequences resulting from current actions, to choose between good and bad actions (or better and best), override and suppress socially unacceptable responses, and determine similarities and differences between things or events.

Fantastic audio on the Bronco guy! Really great job there.

My only disappointment (I know that it was over an hour as it is) is that I didn't get to hear anything about the third stringers. Especially the battle between (in my mind) Helmick and Veltung for the 6th WR spot.

Great job guys and thanks for posting here! :ja:

Overzealous of me to say emphatically that he won't make the team, but I do think he's fringe.

They kept 6 DL last year. If we assume the same for this year, it probably looks like this:

1) BJ Raji (2012 starter)
2) Ryan Picket (2012 starter)
3) Jerel Worthy (2012 starter)
4) CJ Wilson (situational 2012)
5) Mike Neal (situational 2012)
6) Datone Jones (2013 1st round pick)
7) Josh Boyd (2013 5th round pick)

*Worthy tore his ACL and will be PUP through week 6.

Neal and Wilson split time with Neal in the pass rush role and Wilson in the run stuff role. Both played solid, one-sided football.

Jordan has been getting more playing time than Neal and Wilson, but I don't know if that's necessarily because he's ahead of them, or if it's just because they already know what the other two have to offer.

Jordan Miller-58
Mike Daniels-49
Johnny Jolly-38
CJ Wilson-35
Gilbert Pena-32
Mike Neal-15

Either way, is was presumptuous to say Jordan isn't making the team as if it were fact, but Bama Bangs gets me a little riled.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

ramsaddiction really not liking Jones:
Bama Bangs gets me a little riled.
:lol:

In Barrett's defense, he's certainly under powered this year but look what Watkins was able to do to his body with one year of the NFL weight room. Barrett certainly has the brains and attitude needed to make a great center. He only needs the strength to complete the package. I'm not saying it's going to work out that way but I see a good possibility it will. After all, he's was able to be very good at all three O-line positions in college despite his lack of strength. You might want to give him some time to develop. All the hype he's gotten so far isn't his fault is it? :bg:

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

albefree69 said:
ramsaddiction really not liking Jones:
Bama Bangs gets me a little riled.
:lol:

In Barrett's defense, he's certainly under powered this year but look what Watkins was able to do to his body with one year of the NFL weight room. Barrett certainly has the brains and attitude needed to make a great center. He only needs the strength to complete the package. I'm not saying it's going to work out that way but I see a good possibility it will. After all, he's was able to be very good at all three O-line positions in college despite his lack of strength. You might want to give him some time to develop. All the hype he's gotten so far isn't his fault is it? :bg:

I don't hate him. I just don't think he's very good right now, and the fact that he gets hyped bothers me. I hope he becomes good. If he does, I'll badger myself with just as much fervor for mocking him at the onset.