Rams Addiction Podcast, Episode 25

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Great podcast guys.

Really like the new logo for the podcast. When you start making Tee shirts with that logo, I'll buy one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
New site looks tight, guys.
I'll have to set aside some time to listen to that if it's an hour long.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
max said:
Great podcast guys.

Really like the new logo for the podcast. When you start making Tee shirts with that logo, I'll buy one.

I'm actually talking with a couple local suppliers now. Cafepress is kind of a ripoff

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
ramsaddiction creating separation:
Loved the content.
I liked your rant on Jones. You put some separation between yourself and my views which frankly bodes well for your long term mental health. :lol:

The other comment has to do with the sound quality of the phone conversations. Usually there is way too much treble and it's difficult for me to understand what's being said by your guest. This time it seemed like the treble was greatly reduced and the base jacked way up. This didn't effect my overall enjoyment of your product but I just thought I'd mention it in case you have some way to adjust that. The audio quality between you and your partner is perfectly fine so I'm not sure what can be done about it. Just thought I'd mention it.

Enjoyed it very much as always. I also liked the length of the program. I think an hour gives you the time to go into the detail I like while not taking an overly large part of my day.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
ramsaddiction said:
max said:
Great podcast guys.

I'm actually talking with a couple local suppliers now. Cafepress is kind of a ripoff

My only suggestion is to have a decent quality comfortable tee shirt.

BTW, I thought it was interesting to hear the Packers guy rave about their 4th round OT pick Bakhtiari. He was picked just four spots ahead of Jones. I think the Rams like that guy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
max said:
ramsaddiction said:
max said:
Great podcast guys.

BTW, I thought it was interesting to hear the Packers guy rave about their 4th round OT pick Bakhtiari. He was picked just four spots ahead of Jones. I think the Rams like that guy.
I think the Rams were kicking themselves that they didn't get Bakhtiari. It is my belief that the Rams would have jumped on him, and were hoping that he'd be there.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
albefree69 said:
ramsaddiction creating separation:
Loved the content.
I liked your rant on Jones. You put some separation between yourself and my views which frankly bodes well for your long term mental health. :lol:

The other comment has to do with the sound quality of the phone conversations. Usually there is way too much treble and it's difficult for me to understand what's being said by your guest. This time it seemed like the treble was greatly reduced and the base jacked way up. This didn't effect my overall enjoyment of your product but I just thought I'd mention it in case you have some way to adjust that. The audio quality between you and your partner is perfectly fine so I'm not sure what can be done about it. Just thought I'd mention it.

Enjoyed it very much as always. I also liked the length of the program. I think an hour gives you the time to go into the detail I like while not taking an overly large part of my day.

I was getting complaints about about volume disparities, so I added some compression to even things out. I'll continue to tweak with each episode.

As far as the length, the next few will probably be about this long, because we're combining recaps and previews into single episodes. Once the regular season gets here, I think we're going to split recaps and previews into separate episodes, so they'll probably be back to about 40 minutes.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
DR RAM said:
max said:
ramsaddiction said:
max said:
Great podcast guys.

I think the Rams were kicking themselves that they didn't get Bakhtiari. It is my belief that the Rams would have jumped on him, and were hoping that he'd be there.

Iirc, they had him in for a visit.

But what can you do?

If they loved him I guess they could have traded up or taken him over Bailey.

I love Bailey, but if Bakhtiari turns into a solid OT I'd rather have him than a solid WR.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
max said:
DR RAM said:
max said:
ramsaddiction said:
max said:
Great podcast guys.

But what can you do?

I love Bailey, but if Bakhtiari turns into a solid OT I'd rather have him than a solid WR.
Oh no, not saying that, just saying that Jones, picked a few slots later, was probably their back up plan, and this is my own deduction, they would have taken Bakhtiari if given the choice.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, the site looks great! Nice work on the logo and colours.

I'll listen to this one soon!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
DR RAM said:
max said:
DR RAM said:
max said:
ramsaddiction said:
max said:
Great podcast guys.

But what can you do?

Oh no, not saying that, just saying that Jones, picked a few slots later, was probably their back up plan, and this is my own deduction, they would have taken Bakhtiari if given the choice.

Yeah, that goes without saying.

Snead did say they just missed on a guy by a few spots, Bakhtiari was the guy I believe.

There was some talk that the guy they just missed on was Larry Warford in the 3rd round, but I doubt it. Fisher wanted TJ.

The draft is a wild ride. Sometimes a gift lands in your lap. Other times, another team swoops in and snatches up the prize right in front of you.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
max said:
DR RAM said:
max said:
DR RAM said:
max said:
ramsaddiction said:
max said:
Great podcast guys.

But what can you do?

Yeah, that goes without saying.

[hilite]Snead did say they just missed on a guy by a few spots, Bakhtiari was the guy I believe.[/hilite]

There was some talk that the guy they just missed on was Larry Warford in the 3rd round, but I doubt it. Fisher wanted TJ.

The draft is a wild ride. Sometimes a gift lands in your lap. Other times, another team swoops in and snatches up the prize right in front of you.

Why did it go without saying, you think everybody on the forum thought the same thing??? Jones was way more well known than Bakhtiari don't you think?

Yes, this is what made me think that, along with what I thought of him, and our need, it was win, win.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
ramsaddiction replied:
I was getting complaints about about volume disparities, so I added some compression to even things out. I'll continue to tweak with each episode.

As far as the length, the next few will probably be about this long, because we're combining recaps and previews into single episodes. Once the regular season gets here, I think we're going to split recaps and previews into separate episodes, so they'll probably be back to about 40 minutes.

Yeah, I thought you were doing something. If you're ever in NH stop by and I'll lend you my 3BX-DS Dynamic Range Expander made by dbx. It works great (especially when you combine it with a parametric equalizer) but I don't think they make them anymore. :lol: Although they have a demonstration on youtube which I haven't seen.

Splitting them up would be great too. Especially when you add an extra 10 minutes to each. :ja:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
DR RAM said:
Why did it go without saying, you think everybody on the forum thought the same thing??? Jones was way more well known than Bakhtiari don't you think?

Yes, this is what made me think that, along with what I thought of him, and our need, it was win, win.

No, I thought the same thing you were saying. So it went without saying for me. Certainly not everyone on this forum thinks the same thing. Only the most astute observers like you knew about what's his name. :lol:

Now explain to me the win, win part.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
max said:
DR RAM said:

No, I thought the same thing you were saying. So it went without saying for me. Certainly not everyone on this forum thinks the same thing. Only the most astute observers like you knew about what's his name. :lol:

Now explain to me the win, win part.
Well, I think that in the draft room we felt that when it got close, that if we lost one guy that we'd take the other. I just think Bakhtiari is/was more of a need, but both good players. These guys were still on the board AFTER we picked Jones:

17(114) Cowboys Webb, B.W. CB 5'10" 184 William & Mary 74.0
18(115) Steelers Jones, Landry QB 6'4" 225 Oklahoma 67.2
19(116) Cardinals (From Giants) Watford, Earl OG 6'3" 300 James Madison 68.1
20(117) Bears Greene, Khaseem OLB 6'1" 241 Rutgers 78.8
21(118) Bengals Porter, Sean OLB 6'1" 229 Texas A&M 71.1
22(119) Redskins Thomas, Phillip SS 6'0" 208 Fresno St. 74.1
23(120) Vikings Hodges, Gerald OLB 6'1" 243 Penn St. 72.4
24(121) Colts Holmes, Khaled C 6'3" 302 USC 71.0
25(122) Packers Tretter, J.C. OT 6'4" 307 Cornell 64.0

So, it wasn't a bad situation where we were forced into him.

And, I don't think we were interested, much, in the players in that round that went before them:

1(98) Eagles (From Jaguars) Barkley, Matt QB 6'2" 227 USC 82.0
2(99) Chiefs Johnson, Nico ILB 6'2" 248 Alabama 64.7
3(100) Buccaneers (From Raiders) Spence, Akeem DT 6'1" 307 Illinois 66.0
4(101) Jaguars (From Eagles) Sanders, Ace WR 5'7" 173 South Carolina 68.0
5(102) Patriots (From Lions through Vikings) Boyce, Josh WR 5'11" 206 TCU 72.2
6(103) Cardinals Okafor, Alex DE 6'4" 264 Texas 85.2
7(104) Dolphins (From Browns) Jenkins, Jelani OLB 6'0" 243 Florida 65.0
8(105) Bills Williams, Duke FS 6'0" 190 Nevada 67.7
9(106) Dolphins (From Jets through Saints) Sims, Dion TE 6'5" 262 Michigan St. 67.0
10(107) Titans Schwenke, Brian C 6'3" 314 California 71.0
11(108) Panthers Kugbila, Edmund OG 6'4" 317 Valdosta St. 52.0