Rams add Sean Mannion to the QB workout tour

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Sean Mannion - QB - Beavers
The Rams are putting Oregon State QB Sean Mannion through a private workout on Friday, according to Ian Rapoport.

The Rams are among the teams that do not possess the top two picks who have expressed interest in quarterbacks via workouts and visits. Mannion recently worked out for the Cowboys. Mannion should not warrant more than a fifth round selection, but watch a team spend that type of selection on him.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 17 - 10:58 AM

Athos

Legend
I'm gonna be sick to my stomach when we absolutely, and sickeningly overdraft a QB this year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Mannion? Are you kidding me? If you're going to overdraft a second-tier quarterback, at least overdraft one that can actually play (i.e., Grayson, Heinicke).

V3

Hall of Fame
Rams seem determined to take a developmental QB in a widely accepted horrible draft for developmental QB's. It still pisses me off they didn't take Garoppolo in the 2nd last year.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams seem determined to take a developmental QB in a widely accepted horrible draft for developmental QB's. It still pisses me off they didn't take Garoppolo in the 2nd last year.

Me to man.... but we traded up to get Joyner(n):sick:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Joyner should be the starting free safety this year. I mean, I can't imagine that they go with McLeod yet again, after he's proven that he barely knows how to cover anyone, right?

thehammer

Rookie
highest floor of every qb in this draft....
the worst downside is a solid 10 year backup with the upside of possibly being the best qb in this draft and a long term starter

jjab360

Legend
Joyner should be the starting free safety this year. I mean, I can't imagine that they go with McLeod yet again, after he's proven that he barely knows how to cover anyone, right?
From what I've heard, they have a way higher opinion of Mcleod than you and most Rams' fans for that matter. Personally, I'm right in the middle. I think he's a solid safety who would be harder to replace than most think, but I don't think he'll ever be top 10/15 in the league. The truth of it is safety is probably the hardest position in football for the average fan to judge due to barely being on the screen in broadcast angles and that we have no idea what their actual responsibilities are on any given play.

Athos

Legend

Or Carr. Or trade up for Bridgewater if they were once determined to trade up for Martin.

The QB position hasn't been Snisher's strong suit, though it isn't completely all their fault, but rolling all their dice on Sam really bite em in the ass.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Yes. They are a year too late to be getting serious about drafting a QB. I don't know what they were thinking last year.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Not a huge Mannion fan, but to each there own. No mobility, bad ball placement, Struggles when pressured. I can't see him getting drafted higher than the 5th round, and I think he's more of a 6th round talent.

1. Jameis Winston (Top 10)
2. Marcus Mariota (Top 10)
3. Brett Hundley (3rd round)
4. Garrett Grayson (3rd round)
5. Bryce Petty (4th round)
6. Sean Mannion (6th round)

That would be how I would rank them.

PBone

UDFA
Name
Michael
There is a lot I like about Mannion. He's a big pocket passer that stands tall in the pocket, has a strong arm, and plays in a pro style offense. With that said, I don't think I want the Rams to draft him for one reason…..He has small hands. You wouldn't think a 6'6" Qb would have small hands but his are nearly the smallest of the group at 9". His hand size is equal to that of Blake Sims and Sims is just 5'10". Small hands doesn't mean a Qb can't have success but usually the guys with small hands are mobile QB's rather than the big statue that Mannion is. He also carries the ball low and has a problem with having he ball stripped. My Qb pick for the Rams is to draft Grayson in the 3rd.

wrstdude

Rookie
Couldn't watch last night-can anyone explain why he was picked so early? Did anyone have him that early?