Rams add Georgia S JR Reed to PS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
This guy was surprise that he didn't get drafted.

Very productive player & leader at Georgia. Son of former Viking WR Jake Reed.

Sounds a lot like Fuller. Not a freak athlete, and had an ACL in HS that was flagged during combine.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really like J.R. Reed. He's just a good football player.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Wouldn't we have to release someone or did we have a spot opened i didn't realize?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have (had) one open spot on the practice squad.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Yea but I thought we filled that with the LB. Cant remember his name. He was in camp with another team.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You might be thinking of Hollins, who was added right to our 53 man roster.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
This is a very under the radar acquisition. The knee from H.S. ...from what I have been able to find, has not been an issue since. Kid was an All-American and All - SEC Safety in 2019. Has blood lines. his tape is very good.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
If only we could play a (4-0-7) 7 DB defense lol. Snead would love that with his eye for finding Safeties/CBs. Occasionally going 3-0-8 on passing downs.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Everyone would just go heavy against us, but yeah, would be interesting

oldnotdead

Legend
I actually like this kid. His family background is solid with a father who played WR in the NFL, so like Jefferson, he comes in with an edge in understanding the game. I think we are looking at someone who can move into a backup role once Johnson leaves next year. What I like about him is his ability to play both in the box and in a single high role. We could easily see, him paired with Fuller who is not fast enough to play FS and is more of a SS. So next year could give them a rotation of Burgess and Rapp with Fuller and Reed who are two guys that play above their "on paper" level of talent. In a true hybrid scheme, the safeties need to be interchangeable in how they are played so that the QB is never sure how to read the secondary pre-snap. Scott will remain in that Christian role of a ST/rotational DB. Scott has the athleticism and speed to play CB so he adds an additional level to this secondary if they choose to coach him up as both a safety and CB. It's the same dimension we see in Burgess so this secondary might be moving in that direction.

Regardless I think Reed can play in the NFL and be productive. What perhaps the thing I like about him is his willingness to come up and make tackles like some DBs named Peters.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
U know I can see this young man making it to an NFL roster 1 day, guy always seemed to try/play hard...He's not lazy imho.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Could find his way on to the roster like how Marquis Christian did. Might threaten Scott or if JJ leaves next yr.

When you think about it, barring major injuries etc...They may go into next yr with only a few needs.

OC - Future starter
LT - depth/ future starter
DL - Inside pass rusher
CB - Depth since they lose Hill

That might be it and if any of the developmental centers show anything they may not take a C.

Of course that means the LBs step up and the young edge guys develop.