Rams Actively Shopping Players for Picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Via PFT:

After parlaying the second overall pick in the 2012 draft into three first-round picks and a second-round selection, Rams coach Jeff Fisher is looking to stockpile more selections on draft day.

Mike Lombardi of NFL Network reports that, with the trade deadline nine days away, the Rams are actively shopping players.

Lombardi named no names. But he said that the Rams are willing to flip players for picks because the Rams “know they’re not going to the Super Bowl this year.”

It’s a little premature to put a fork between the horns, however. At 3-3, the Rams could still steal a wild-card berth. And, as we’ve seen time and again in recent years, anyone with a seat at the postseason table can then run the table.

Thus, we don’t see this as a case of Fisher folding the tent, but as a delicate balance between determining which players aren’t needed for the present and whether and to what extent those men can be turned into draft picks than can help secure the team’s future.

The most intriguing player who could be traded is running back Steven Jackson. As rookie Daryl Richardson develops, and as the Rams reportedly plan to move forward without Jackson in 2013, could they move forward without him for the balance of the season, if the Rams want to give Jackson a chance to play for a contender. And if the Rams truly believe that they’re not a contender in 2012.

We’re not so sure that they’re not.

Guess that means no Bowe too.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Who would they give up...certainly no one from the "core."

Fletcher...maybe.

Mikell/Stewart?

Also, I hate that he had to throw in "Rams know they aren't gonna win the Super Bowl this year."

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Angry Ram said:

Fletcher...maybe.

Mikell/Stewart?

Also, I hate that he had to throw in "Rams know they aren't gonna win the Super Bowl this year."
I don't know if Florio wrote that, but that guy just gets on my nerves sometimes with his holier than thou/I know better than you attitude.

I don't know who would be traded, I agree with the above, but also maybe Gibson or even Barry Richardson when Saffold comes back

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
brokeu91 said:
Angry Ram said:

Fletcher...maybe.

Mikell/Stewart?

I don't know if Florio wrote that, but that guy just gets on my nerves sometimes with his holier than thou/I know better than you attitude.

I don't know who would be traded, I agree with the above, but also maybe Gibson or even Barry Richardson when Saffold comes back

Florio is awesome. He's funny and makes fun of BSPN.

Lombardi wrote that...PFT was just forwarding it.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Angry Ram said:

Fletcher...maybe.

Mikell/Stewart?

I say we give anyone Craig Dahl for the "Mr. Irrelevant" pick.

Also, after today, Ojinnaka and Richardson are going to be gone once Wells, Saffold and Hunter get back. Barksdale can play backup to the tackle positions and Turner and Smith will be able to handle LG once Wells gets healthy.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Kellen Clemens?
IF it's Jax then Terrance Ganaway must be a beast I've been posting in a thread about this on another board allweek, but thought it was BS so I didn't bring it here waiting for more "In the KNOW" people like X to do so if he thought it wasn't a steaming pile.

IMO we aren't going for draft picks now unless we are going to turn them around for players instantly.