Rams 53-man roster projection, version 2.0/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams 53-man roster projection, version 2.0
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...uis-rams-53-man-roster-projection-version-2-0

The St. Louis Rams are now halfway through the preseason and the first round of cuts will come next week. With that in mind, here's an updated attempt at a 53-man roster projection:

Quarterbacks (3): Nick Foles, Case Keenum, Sean Mannion

Running backs (5): Todd Gurley, Tre Mason, Benny Cunningham, Isaiah Pead, Chase Reynolds

Tight ends (4): Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks, Cory Harkey, Justice Cunningham

Wide receiver (5): Kenny Britt, Brian Quick, Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, Chris Givens

Offensive line (9): Greg Robinson, Rodger Saffold, Barrett Jones, Jamon Brown, Rob Havenstein, Isaiah Battle, Garrett Reynolds, Demetrius Rhaney, Andrew Donnal

Defensive linemen (8): Chris Long, Robert Quinn, Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, Nick Fairley, Eugene Sims, William Hayes, Ethan Westbrooks

Linebackers (6): James Laurinaitis, Alec Ogletree, Akeem Ayers, Jo-Lonn Dunbar, Daren Bates, Bryce Hager

Cornerbacks (5): Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson, Lamarcus Joyner, Marcus Roberson, Imoan Claiborne

Safety (5): T.J. McDonald, Rodney McLeod, Mark Barron, Maurice Alexander, Cody Davis

Kicker (1): Greg Zuerlein

Punter (1): Johnny Hekker

Long snapper (1): Jake McQuaide

Most difficult cuts: DE Martin Ifedi, C Tim Barnes, TE Alex Bayer, QB Austin Davis

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yeah, I feel ya.... @RFT ...Not so cool with Roberson & Clairborne just yet...And I'd hate to lose M. Brown...or Pead...I'ma cut Reynolds..

O-Line....Rhaney needs to show me more...stick his ass on the PS....I like Williams and Bakers improvement. Why does he keep cutting Barnes?

Safeties...No way in hell I'm cutting the human missile known as Christian Bryant...Is he fucking crazy?!?

bskrilla

Starter
Not bad but I would drop Pead and keep M. Brown.

Does M. Brown know how to pass block at all? Can he play on all of the ST units including return kicks?

I think those are big factors to consider when picking him or Pead.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Yeah, I feel ya.... @RFT ...Not so cool with Roberson & Clairborne just yet...And I'd hate to lose M. Brown...or Pead...I'ma cut Reynolds..

O-Line....Rhaney needs to show me more...stick his ass on the PS....I like Williams and Bakers improvement. Why does he keep cutting Barnes?

Safeties...No way in hell I'm cutting the human missile known as Christian Bryant...Is he freaking crazy?!?
Yea, I see one FS in that group. Having Bryant would give us depth at the FS position, though Joyner could theoretically play the position. Problem is, who would you cut instead? Most would say Pead, but I doubt that he gets cut until week 4 when Watts comes back.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No way Rhaney beats out the experienced Tim Barnes. TE Bayer magic hands are a big need with this offense over the Blocker Cunningham. DB Bryant may have more versatility than Cody Davis if Bryant shows he can play the Nickle he makes the Master Roster but it may come from the 6 Lb'ers.

lockdnram21

Legend
No way Rhaney beats out the experienced Tim Barnes. TE Bayer magic hands are a big need with this offense over the Blocker Cunningham. DB Bryant may have more versatility than Cody Davis if Bryant shows he can play the Nickle he makes the Master Roster but it may come from the 6 Lb'ers.
to be honest i think Rhaney is better then both Barnes and Jones.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I agree with most of the list but I would exchange Bryant for C Davis. I just think C Davis instincts suck. Also try to keep Barnes and keep only 5 LBs

jjab360

Legend
My main disagreement would be Barnes over Rhaney.

Then I think Watts has earned a spot on the team even with the suspension and C.B. Bryant has been playing well and Fisher is high on him too.

Rest seems kosher.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
My main disagreement would be Barnes over Rhaney.

Then I think Watts has earned a spot on the team even with the suspension and C.B. Bryant has been playing well and Fisher is high on him too.

Rest seems kosher.
I think they just leave Watts off because he doesn't count towards the final 53, not because he gets cut.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
WHERE'S DAVID WANG, WAGONER. THIS IS INEXCUSABLE.

YOU NEED A KICK IN THE BALLS.

VKfI572.gif

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The point I disagree with the most is in the most difficult cuts list. Austin Davis? That's a tough cut to make? Please. I'd have a harder time telling Wichman, Bryant and Brown that they're out of work. Bryant and Brown have at least been showing glimpses of mad potential and Wichmann had loads of it as well.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I would cut Cody Davis and keep an extra Oline. With Saffold's history, we might need that 10th guy more times than not.

WestCoastRam

Legend
It's Wagoner's second prediction, the 1st coming at the beginning of camp, and he has Barnes cut in both. Very interesting. As it stands now, I want to see Jones play a game with the starters but Barnes seems to be the 1a choice. Wonder what Wagoner's thinking...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would drop Cunningham and keep Pead and Watts.
I wouldn't count Watts at this point because he's suspended for the first 4 games of the season, If I'm not mistaken!
( It may be less than 4 weeks, but he is suspended at the beginning of the season!)

fearsomefour

Legend
It's Wagoner's second prediction, the 1st coming at the beginning of camp, and he has Barnes cut in both. Very interesting. As it stands now, I want to see Jones play a game with the starters but Barnes seems to be the 1a choice. Wonder what Wagoner's thinking...
I think he is just looking at potential. Barnes is just a solid guy, not exciting. Jones is supposed to be the guy, I haven't seen it at all so far....I have not see the Titans game however. Rhaney has the most potential of the bunch from an athletic perspective.

fearsomefour

Legend
I wouldn't count Watts at this point because he's suspended for the first 4 games of the season, If I'm not mistaken!
( It may be less than 4 weeks, but he is suspended at the beginning of the season!)
Yeah I know. Looking big picture. If I had to choose between those three that is who I am keeping. I like Bam Bam but he is sort of a similar player as Mason. A power guy who can get loose every now and then (although Mason is fast), looking to square up the shoulders and do some damage. The style of running that Pead brings to the table is different, I like to have a little bit of a mix with different guys. Watts I love as a receiver out of the back field.