Rams 53-man roster predictions: Preseason week four edition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which position group should we could keep an extra player?

• RB (Green, Magee)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S (Caputo, Kovacs, Lomax, Washington)

• CB (Sensabaugh, Jordan)

• Total voters

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Rams 53-man roster predictions: Preseason week four edition
227364_47c4d970398b4850a10ee774988c2111~mv2.jpg

http://www.downtownrams.com/single-...roster-predictions-Preseason-week-our-edition

August 28, 2016 | By: Jake Ellenbogen

The Rams lost their first game as the L.A. Rams. The first cuts (down to 75) date is Tuesday and here is our updated roster prediction for the 53-man roster going into week four in Minnesota.

1.QB1: Case Keenum
2.QB2: Jared Goff
3.QB3: Sean Mannion

4.RB1: Todd Gurley
5.RB2: Benny Cunningham
6.RB3: Malcolm Brown
7.RB4: Chase Reynolds

8.WR1: Kenny Britt
9.WR2: Tavon Austin
10.WR3: Pharoh Cooper
11.WR4: Bradley Marquez
12.WR5: Nelson Spruce
13.WR6: Paul McRoberts

14.TE1: Lance Kendricks
15.TE2: Tyler Higbee
16.TE3: Cory Harkey
17.TE4: Justice Cunningham

18.LT1: Greg Robinson
19.LT2: Isaiah Battle
20.LG1: Rodger Saffold
21.LG2: Garrett Reynolds
22.C1: Tim Barnes
23.C2: Eric Kush
24.RG1: Jamon Brown
25.RG2: Cody Wichmann
26.RT: Rob Havenstein

27.DE1: Robert Quinn
28.DE2: William Hayes
29.DE3: Eugene Sims
30.DE4: Quinton Coples
31.DE5: Ethan Westbrooks
32.DE6: Matt Longacre
33.DT1: Aaron Donald
34.DT2: Michael Brockers
35.DT3: Dominique Easley

36.MLB: Alec Ogletree
37.MLB2: Bryce Hager
38.OLB1: Mark Barron
39.OLB2: Akeem Ayers
40.OLB3: Cameron Lynch
41.OLB4: Cory Littleton

42.CB1: Trumaine Johnson
43.CB2: E.J. Gaines
44.CB3: LaMarcus Joyner
45.CB4: Troy Hill
46.CB5: Marcus Roberson

47.FS1: Cody Davis
48.FS2: Mo Alexander
49.FS3: Christian Bryant
50.SS1: T.J. McDonald

51.K: Greg Zuerlein
52.P: Johnny Hekker
53.LS: Jake McQuaide

Notable roster cuts:

Aaron Green, Running back - Again this is tough but Green just hasn't done enough to warrant a spot over a special teams ace in Chase Reynolds. If he does somehow make it expect Terrence Magee to be added to the practice squad but I don't see it so it looks most likely that Green will be on the practice squad leaving one more year for Reynolds.

Brian Quick, Wide receiver - It's looking brighter for Quick who caught all three of his passes last night but still is looking like a sixth wide receiver barely making the roster. I personally feel as though Paul McRoberts is playing too well to cut him for Quick. McRoberts has emerged and he seems to be the only one not named Spruce or Britt that can catch the ball.

Mike Thomas, Wide receiver - Thomas looked really good on special teams but on offense? He was atrocious dropping three passes on the night two were to convert a first down. Thomas is just not ready to play WR in the NFL and would benefit starting his career on the practice squad.

Duke Williams, Wide receiver - Really disappointing to see a guy who everyone was raving about in camp to come out and just be really unappealing. His drop to convert a 3rd and long was just inexcusable. They got a first down because he was hit late but the Rams need receivers that will catch the ball and he simply can't do that on a consistent basis. Williams like Thomas will benefit from time spent on the practice squad.

Temarrick Hemingway, Tight end - This is a disappointing newcomer to the notable roster cuts list. I had high hopes for Hemingway but he just isn't doing much to make the Rams want to keep him. Again, another practice squad candidate. I think he is going to take over Justice Cunningham's spot on the practice squad while Cunningham becomes a full time member of the 53-man roster.

Read more...

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I like Green. And Magee. But with Reynolds being the ST demon he is, I don't think we keep 5 RBs........unless we keep only 2 QBs, which is highly unlikely.

On the WR front Williams, Richards, North should all be gone. Probably Austin Hill too. Let Thomas, McRoberts and Quick fight it out in PS game #4 for the 6th spot. The key is: What's Marquez's status?

TE's? What's not to love about Kendricks, Higbee and Harkey? The 4th should be between Hemingway and Cunningham.

LB? Will we keep 6? Ogletree, Barron, Ayers and Forrest are in IMO. What 2 (or 1) is good enough to keep? Hager does nothing for me. May be between Chubb, Grigsby and Littleton?

I do suspect this: Our O line is going to be really, really good. So is our D line. And I think our entire defense is going to be solid, including the DBs. Better than last year by far. We need the WRs/TEs to step up and make us a contender.