Rams: 3 biggest training camp battles to watch ahead of 2023 NFL season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WR2 is Jefferson’s to lose. And he has a chance to be a good WR2. What I don’t want to see is Jefferson getting 50 recs/750 yds/3TDs as our WR2. We need better results from him or have someone else take over WR2.

he got 50/802/6 as the 3rd wr behind kupp and woods/obj in 21.

i'm pretty sure he can get better numbers than that as the second option in an offense that will be throwing a lot.

last season doesn't count as he had wolford, perkins and, ugh, mayfield throwing the ball his way.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Sometimes I can't believe what I'm reading.
Rob Havenstein has been a stud right tackle his ENTIRE career.
He's battled through injuries when they asked him to and has done everything humanly possible and gives 100% every game.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sometimes I can't believe what I'm reading.
Rob Havenstein has been a stud right tackle his ENTIRE career.
He's battled through injuries when they asked him to and has done everything humanly possible and gives 100% every game.
Well... You gotta figure that a certain someone has a hard on for the guy's release. His glasses are fogged.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Geez look at his contract. For all intentions he basically is. His base jumps by $5.5M, his cap hit jumps to $14.7M for a 32 year old RT whose play is in decline. His run blocking sucks and he can't stop an edge with both power and speed. Do you honestly think and are willing to say they will not release him when his cap hit jumps by $5M to $14.7M?

They could play Jackson, Thomas or Bruss at RT and they would be an upgrade. The best attribute for Havenstein is he's durable. But he's hardly a top RT in his play. Can you say with a straight face that Havenstein is a better OT than Jackson who probably would play for less than half of what they would have to pay Rob? Hell they were even trying Bruss at RT. Bruss was a very good OT in college.
Man! When you get a boner for someone, you really obsess. I'm sure they're playing big Rob just to piss you off. Certainly they can see how bad he sucks. They're just doing it to spite you all these years.