Rams 2nd Round Pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
While the Rams 1st Round Pick will be more important I am thinking the Rams 2nd Round Pick could be more interesting since I think they will have a lot of good prospects to choose from for that pick! Below are some of the players that could be available to the Rams when they pick in the 2nd Round and I am just curious on which player(s) on this list or other prospects not on this list would you like to see the Rams consider if available:

* OT TJ Clemmings (Could drop to the 2nd Round due to a stress fracture that was recently
discovered in his foot)
* WR Dorial Green-Beckham (Talent wise he would be a major steal for the Rams with their 2nd
Round pick but character questions could drop him and would have to be a major consideration
for any team that considers selecting him)
* LB Eric Kendricks (Lacks ideal size but he is instinctive, aggressive, tough and makes plays!)
* LB Shaq Thompson (Some of the same traits as Kendricks but Thompson does add versatility
to his resume since he also played the RB position and played it quite well during his career
at Washington and some think he might end up playing Safety in the NFL)
* OG's Laken Tomlinson, A.J. Cann, Tre' Jackson (Three good possibilities for the Rams to
strengthen their interior offensive line if they don't sign any FA before the Draft)
* LB Paul Dawson (Good Instincts, Agility and Intensity)
* LB Benardrick McKinney (Rams seem to have some interest in McKinney but personally I would
prefer the smaller, more agile, more instinctive Kendricks or Dawson)
* QB's Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty, Garrett Grayson (I am not sure I wouldn't just stick with Foles,
Keenum and Davis this season and if they don't work out then address this position next
offseason but if the Rams do pick a QB I am guessing it will be one of these three prospects
in the 2nd Round)

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I hope that they don't use another second round pick on a player that supposedly will take four years to develop and never does, or another backup QB.

lockdnram21

Legend
I hope that they don't use another second round pick on a player that supposedly will take four years to develop and never does, or another backup QB.
If your speaking of Quick he did develop. As Farr as Qb I see them drafting one 2nd or 3rd

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If your speaking of Quick he did develop. As Farr as Qb I see them drafting one 2nd or 3rd

And that means that they probably will waste two more high picks on players that will never help the team. I'd rather see them pick more defensive starters than bench warmers.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You're forgetting A.J. Cann. He would be my pick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Not until year three and I always question is it worth waiting three years for a second round pick to develop? I could see if there was not much developing needed but when you come from where Quick was I think it is too much. His first two years contributions were pretty much non existent. Year three he breaks out and then gets hurt. I know it is circumstance but it happened. So year four he has to bounce back quickly, or we are looking at another slow season for him. Then he can hit free agency. The Rams could theoretically get one half of a season to two halves of a season of good production out of the first Second round pick in the draft that year. Many 2nd round picks are instant contributors, for at least the length of their first contract.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Trade back in round 1 and draft La'el Collins, then trade back up into round 1 using the second round and 4th (or 3rd) and draft Cam Erving. Round 3 if they have it pick Marpet. Line is good for a few years....barring major injury.

That is one of many ways to go.

Or pick Parker at 10, then trade back in round 2 and get Marpet late and in the third or fourth take Havenstein or Morse depending on the board.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Package it and 2016 2nd rounder to move back in at the end of the first.

I would be thrilled if the Rams could get Scherff, Flowers, Collins or Peat with their 1st pick (Wherever that ends up being!) and then Cameron Erving with the trade up you suggested! And, if the Rams can sign Barksdale and/or Blalock I think the Rams weakest link could actually be in pretty shape by the beginning of the 2015 season!