Rams 2022 NFL season in the books

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Well fellas - it was a rough season for all of us: from running it back through to trying to run the ball behind a patchwork O-line…

Not the season we all thought it was gonna be - certainly a time for some soul searching and reflection.

Thanks for the discussion and insights throughout the year - it’s some of the best parts of being a fan.

Onwards to next season!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We’ve had much worse years. Much much worse.

Looking forward to getting healthy and back into the playoffs in ‘23

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeah, I'm not feeling much optimism right now.

Brutal season. Hugely disappointing but the excessive injuries helped make sense of things for me.

The Rams have had some really bad years but I'm not sure they came when the expectations were as high. Usually, after those terrible seasons, there was a high #1 pick to get excited about (although, often blown). Not this time. The Rams have two good picks and will have some cap space (but likely limited); plus a roster where most of their best players are approaching or over thirty years of age.

The McVay thing is very troubling and disappointing to me. Being exhausted, frustrated, even angry makes sense but McVay seems defeated, uncertain and uncommitted; and that makes me angry with and disappointed in him.

Do any of you guys remember Goff at the post-game press conference to close-out the horrible 2016 season? Goff was being called a 'Bust' after going 0-7 but he stood-up there and said something along the lines of ...
'I will do whatever I have to do to fix this'.
I loved that; and that's what I would like to hear the head coach say to close-out a bad year ... something like ... "We're frustrated and disappointed, and there's a lot of work to do. We will re-group, we will re-focus, and ... WE WILL come back strong."

Personally, I accepted the disappointment of the 2022 season a month ago; and have since been focused on the off-season. However, this McVay Limbo Bull-Shit has knocked me off my feet. As a 50-year Rams Fan, I will keep getting-up and hope for the best but I am struggling right now.

I don't like where the Rams are right now and I don't like the head coaching options. Even if McVay decides to remain with the Rams ... and I hope he does ... I am not impressed with how he has handled things regarding his future. Wearing your Heart-on-Your-Sleeve sounds good but a Head Coach needs to be more of a Rock-of–Stability in my opinion.

I will close this lousy post ... I am really hating it as I write it ... with some positives about my prior 50+years. Some of the Rams’ best seasons came when I expected very little ... 1973, 1983, 1999 and 2017 ... the Rams had new head coaches in three of those four seasons.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Gonna be a busy offseason

I'm actually feeling pretty positive about 2023, just so long as all the health gods are friendlier. I've just posted my latest mock, so the off-season is under way for me ...

Q729

Legend
All this bullshit is shaping up to be par for the course— like we're destined to only have 5 or so good years before everything falls to shit for another 10. Here's hoping we break the cycle... :clinkingbeer:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, I'm not feeling much optimism right now.

Brutal season. Hugely disappointing but the excessive injuries helped make sense of things for me.

The Rams have had some really bad years but I'm not sure they came when the expectations were as high. Usually, after those terrible seasons, there was a high #1 pick to get excited about (although, often blown). Not this time. The Rams have two good picks and will have some cap space (but likely limited); plus a roster where most of their best players are approaching or over thirty years of age.

The McVay thing is very troubling and disappointing to me. Being exhausted, frustrated, even angry makes sense but McVay seems defeated, uncertain and uncommitted; and that makes me angry with and disappointed in him.

Do any of you guys remember Goff at the post-game press conference to close-out the horrible 2016 season? Goff was being called a 'Bust' after going 0-7 but he stood-up there and said something along the lines of ... '
I will do whatever I have to do to fix this'.

I loved that; and that's what I would like to hear the head coach say to close-out a bad year ... something like ... "We're frustrated and disappointed, and there's a lot of work to do. We will re-group, we will re-focus, and ... WE WILL come back strong."

Personally, I accepted the disappointment of the 2022 season a month ago; and have since been focused on the off-season. However, this McVay Limbo Bull-Shit has knocked me off my feet. As a 50-year Rams Fan, I will keep getting-up and hope for the best but I am struggling right now.

I don't like where the Rams are right now and I don't like the head coaching options. Even if McVay decides to remain with the Rams ... and I hope he does ... I am not impressed with how he has handled things regarding his future. Wearing your Heart-on-Your-Sleeve sounds good but a Head Coach needs to be more of a Rock-of–Stability in my opinion.

I will close this lousy post ... I am really hating it as I write it ... with some positives about my prior 50+years. Some of the Rams’ best seasons came when I expected very little ... 1973, 1983, 1999 and 2017 ... the Rams had new head coaches in three of those four seasons.
Thank you for putting my thoughts into words more eloquently than I could have. Somehow this is as depressing of a Rams situation as I can remember.....and I have been a Rams psycho for a looooong damn time. Here's hoping there is a better way forward than what I am seeing

Last edited:

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I know the injury bug hit us extremely hard, but I'm still a bit shocked to see us as the #32 ranked Offense.... and not as shocked that we finished #19 on Defense.