Rams 2020 Draft class

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Going into camp, I wasn't as high on the '20 class as I am now. A reminder that patience is a good thing.

There's a ton of potential production here.

There could be as many as six starters and key backups from the Rams’ 2020 class alone this season.
  • Cam Akers: Starting RB
  • Van Jefferson: No. 3 WR
  • Terrell Lewis: No. 2/3 edge rusher
  • Brycen Hopkins: No. 2 tight end
  • Jordan Fuller: Starting safety
  • Tremayne Anchrum: Backup G/T

oldnotdead

Legend
When a team is drafting primarily on day 3 all of these guys are developmental players. At best you are drafting for guys that will hopefully crack the starting lineup in their second year. But most project as key rotational players in their second year and more likely to blossom in their 3rd year. It's why being impatient with guys like Harris makes no sense. He got drafted last year then lost that year of development to injury. So this in essence is his rookie year. You don't suddenly give up on in his second year. Even without being hurt he would make the team as his upsides are undeniable.

The 2020 class is 3 years in so the majority are ahead or on track. Guys like Rochell who lost a lot of his rookie year but looks to be a favorite to earn a starting position in his second year despite his injury in his rookie year show how well Snead drafts. Snead has faith in his process and his ability to draft well. We as fans must have equal faith. I know I do.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As this year comes to a close.. I'm encouraged by this class, overall.
Akers looks like a legit lead back again. Hopefully whatever challenges came up this year provide a platform for growth.. launching him into a career year. If that happens, it will be a huge boost to the Rams offense.
Jefferson, healthy again, is showing he's a very solid #3 WR.
Hopkins is showing some versatility and getting on the field. He needs to show more growth.. but can still contribute.

I'm bummed about Jordan Fuller's health and have my fingers crossed that he can be back to his best self next season.
Anchrum showed me a lot in preseason.. I think he's, at worst, a nice backup guard.. decent value for a 7th.

It's a bummer that they missed on Lewis and Burgess. Lewis was a gamble because of his health.. but Burgess was just a miss.

oldnotdead

Legend
Two solid starters in Akers and Jefferson. Fuller is TBD but certainly not a bust. Hopkins has shown flashes but still lacks consistency. IMO that is a very good draft considering the Rams didn't have a day one pick.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Two solid starters in Akers and Jefferson. Fuller is TBD but certainly not a bust. Hopkins has shown flashes but still lacks consistency. IMO that is a very good draft considering the Rams didn't have a day one pick.
They desperately need a home run draft like '17 to be in Super Bowl contention next year, though. We'll see how it works out.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think they just need to get guys well and hope they stay that way. IMO this is a huge red flag regarding their conditioning staff. This is a Super Bowl caliber roster as is. An infusion of a bunch of rookies IMO will be a step back not a step forward. They are IMO one key acquisition away from being able to make a run this coming season. Burns or Buckner would put them over the top if they also dump Morris and hire an aggressive DC who will know how to use his talent. Morris has proven he doesn't know his guys muchless how to use them.