Rams 2014 top 10 cap hits compared to their 2013 performance

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
https://twitter.com/ShaneNFL/status/430731622539751424/photo/1

BfpEIOKCcAACEBg.jpg:large

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Looks like PFF does not care for Cortland Finnegan overall 2013...imagine that.....I question the Kendall Langford rating. So the Rams are paying 15 million on a 23rd ranked DLE???? That JL ranking 33rd is way down there too.....how many MLB'ers are there in the 32 NFL teams?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
True. Now.
Back in the Shaw/JZ era, cap figures were VERY important. Because they were negligently structured.

A55VA6

Legend
Sadly, not all of those guys deserve that type of money.. I just hope all of these big contracts can be moved around so we have plenty of cap.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
You notice that the biggest disparity is mainly with FA's we signed? Maybe we DON'T want any high $$$ FA's!! Just keep drafting! We'll be in contention in 5 yrs or so...

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I would like to see this league wide.
Thinking the top paid guys always look bad with a couple exceptions. Just math.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
You notice that the biggest disparity is mainly with FA's we signed? Maybe we DON'T want any high $$$ FA's!! Just keep drafting! We'll be in contention in 5 yrs or so...

yea when you dip into fa you are at an auction. way to often you pay to much

F. Mulder

Starter
The only way I support FA is if a team is one Major player away from competing for a championship and they go all in to try to fill that, or they sign one, or a few mid-tier FAs still young enough and with unrealized upside, at a decent contract. I just don't want them to be major players in FA. I think they got burned by Finnegan, and to a lesser degree Wells. Cook, may become who they thought he could become but right now the jury is out. That's why I think anytime you can pick up extra picks, even in the lower rounds, and be active in UDFAs you continue to churn your roster the right way and within a manageable cap situation.

The other thing that sticks out about the highest contracts are that some (Long, JL, Bradford) were all part of the initial rookie contract structure so any resigning or restructuring of them BEGINS at a higher point. Long, JL, Bradford aren't going to take pay cuts off their initial salary. With a more reasonable salary structure in place now it is somewhat easier to resign/extend/restructure some of the current 2-3 year players.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
yea when you dip into fa you are at an auction. way to often you pay to much

Good morning I am me 33,

I can not recall ever reading or reviewing any UFA contract and think to myself that team got a bargain @ that price. Later some of those signing seem more reasonable. Few UFA 's go to a team and have instant big success.

When you look at the recent UFA signings by the Ram Org. I realize that the Rams location & its decade long loosing records will never be a appealing spot for most UFA's to land. I still thought the Finnegan's contract was way out of line but was hopeful that we would get a couple of all pro yrs from him before he started to decline. The Cortland decline started half way into his first yr and continue downward...getting a few all pro seasons at that all pro price?? never going to happen.

The JL & CL contracts appears a little high but these two were the heart of this very young defense & understand. once again Cooks seems heavy along with Scott Wells too. The Jake Long contract was a good one IMO and a good catch. A great UFA resign was William Hayes's & Eugene Sims.

Keeping out of that big auction does seem to be a better way to go. One I would suggest to the the Org. is we have some next yr players who could be resigned @ a good rate if they took some of the extra cap funds this season instead of wasting large chunks on UFA's who have some big liabilities in their recent pasts like Saffold.

Our pro bowlers Rob Quinn & Kicker Hekker, both H-back/Fullbacks/TE's Lance Kendricks& Cory Harkey & Joe Barksdale will be UFA's That's where I would put the extra cap cash! I would refuse to over pay today & then loose most of the above just plain stupid!

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
When you are as bad as the Rams have been you pay extra to draw those high level FA's, part of the growing process.