1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams 2012 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by DR RAM, Jan 6, 2012.

1. steferfootball Well-Known Member

After watching those three videos, I don't know why he was available in the fourth.

It is hard to judge WRs and CBs (route running and coverage respectively), because they disappear from the camera for 50-75% of the time. But, Givens has good ball skill, body control, speed, and is elusive after the catch. Seems to high point the ball well....good bye Danario Alexander.

All the stuff Danario is bad at, Givens is good at...though I did see Givens body catch a time or two. The only real advantage DX has is that he is tall, and he doesn't even take full advantage of that, and you don't have to be tall to be a deep threat.

I can't wait to see this guy in pads.

2. steferfootball Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. Exciting to see that he had 1st round potential. I wonder why he fell, and I'm really exited to get him.

3. DR RAM Rams Lifer

I don't really think he fell, this is just an extremely deep WR class. He just got lost in the shuffle a little. Seems like most of the big guys went early. He played every WR position at Wake and also ran the ball a little.

4. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

Rokevious Watkins? I like this pick. He's a mauler with underrated feet. Really big guy who could be a major sleeper pick.

5. DR RAM Rams Lifer

I didn't scout him, be what I heard is that he is a mauler, massive run blocker. I like the pick, but now have to think that we will sign a FA LB when teams make their cuts.

6. steferfootball Well-Known Member

Looking him up now. I'm glad we got a big OG.

CBS has him at 7-undrafted....hopefully this isn't like when the Billy D./Spags regime reached on players.

7. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

I watched him a fair bit because I was watching a lot of Marcus Lattimore. Most of those long runs that Lattimore broke out were behind Watkins, who absolutely destroyed the defensive linemen he was matched up against. Watkins could stand to lose a few pounds because he struggled with speed rushers, but his athleticism is fairly good for a man his size.

8. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Thanks, I always believe scouting reports from people I relate to. We have some difference, but overall I think we see players the same way.

Which linebackers left do you like for us?

9. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

Of course, you know that I want Trevathan. Terrell Manning out of N.C. State is also a good young player. Travis Lewis and Emmanuel Acho are also worth looking at.

Edit: Of course, Manning goes to the Packers and Massaquoi goes to the Falcons. Damn.

10. steferfootball Well-Known Member

I kinda wanted J Massaquoi. He could be a situational rusher or something....its not like we've got any one there anyways. :razzed:

11. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Yep, they keep getting away. Lewis and Acho are intriguing, and your boy was ultra productive. Fingers crossed. I still can't help but think that we gave away a starter last year to the Bears...

12. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

A kicker? What?

13. steferfootball Well-Known Member

...? I'm not exactly happy with how Josh Brown's career has turned out, but it is a nice luxury to have a guy who can boot 50+ yarders.

When do we address punter?

Also, why are there no kicker/punter combo players? You'd think there'd be at least one.

14. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Doh!

15. bluecoconuts Well-Known Member

I think (but I'm not 100%) you have to carry at least one punter and one kicker on your roster. So you can't just have one guy to save space.

16. steferfootball Well-Known Member

I love the droid Motorola razr commercial with the crying mom/daughter. lol

17. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

I absolutely hate that commercial. It's more annoying than younger siblings.

18. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Even after the 487th time they've shown it today? :x

19. steferfootball Well-Known Member

487 views and you two can't appreciate greatness for what it is when you see it? smh

20. brokeu91 Well-Known Member

How come you guys aren't in the chat room?