Rams 2012 NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

steferfootball

Starter
After watching those three videos, I don't know why he was available in the fourth.

It is hard to judge WRs and CBs (route running and coverage respectively), because they disappear from the camera for 50-75% of the time. But, Givens has good ball skill, body control, speed, and is elusive after the catch. Seems to high point the ball well....good bye Danario Alexander.

All the stuff Danario is bad at, Givens is good at...though I did see Givens body catch a time or two. The only real advantage DX has is that he is tall, and he doesn't even take full advantage of that, and you don't have to be tall to be a deep threat.

I can't wait to see this guy in pads.

steferfootball

Starter
DR RAM said:
steferfootball said:
From the NFL site.
Overview

Givens is an early-entry junior out of Wake Forest where he was a first-team All-ACC selection this past year. He has adequate size and is a blazing straight-line runner who looks similar to Philadelphia's Jeremy Maclin with his movements in-route. He relies heavily on his speed in all he does and is the type of receiver capable of taking a speed-out and cutting up field to daylight. [hil]He is a polished player who could be selected late in the first round[/hil]; he has all the traits to be a productive NFL receiver and an immediate No. 2 option.
Analysis
Strengths
[hil]Givens is an elite deep threat receiver who is fluid and quick off the ball[/hil]. He can eat up a defensive backs cushion in a few steps to get them on their heels, and then accelerates in a very controlled, explosive motion. He adjusts well to balls in front or behind him, and he can make all the catches necessary at full speed. Givens has obvious field awareness and routinely would get behind corners in Cover 2 before throttling down for a quick back-shoulder throw before a safety can get there. He can get jammed on occasion at the line but usually wins with a jab step and speed. He has excellent footwork at full speed to change directions or drag his feet along the sideline.
Weaknesses
Givens can get jammed at the line of scrimmage when he doesn't ignite a quick jab step or if an explosive corner shock jams him quick enough. He often gets caught looking over his shoulder and gets alligator arms going across the middle. He is a tough player but far from physical. Givens gives little effort as a blocker in the run game and is Tonly capable of being a decoy or running off his man.
Thanks for posting. Exciting to see that he had 1st round potential. I wonder why he fell, and I'm really exited to get him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
steferfootball said:
DR RAM said:
steferfootball said:
From the NFL site.
Overview

Givens is an early-entry junior out of Wake Forest where he was a first-team All-ACC selection this past year. He has adequate size and is a blazing straight-line runner who looks similar to Philadelphia's Jeremy Maclin with his movements in-route. He relies heavily on his speed in all he does and is the type of receiver capable of taking a speed-out and cutting up field to daylight. [hil]He is a polished player who could be selected late in the first round[/hil]; he has all the traits to be a productive NFL receiver and an immediate No. 2 option.
Analysis
Strengths
[hil]Givens is an elite deep threat receiver who is fluid and quick off the ball[/hil]. He can eat up a defensive backs cushion in a few steps to get them on their heels, and then accelerates in a very controlled, explosive motion. He adjusts well to balls in front or behind him, and he can make all the catches necessary at full speed. Givens has obvious field awareness and routinely would get behind corners in Cover 2 before throttling down for a quick back-shoulder throw before a safety can get there. He can get jammed on occasion at the line but usually wins with a jab step and speed. He has excellent footwork at full speed to change directions or drag his feet along the sideline.
Weaknesses
Givens can get jammed at the line of scrimmage when he doesn't ignite a quick jab step or if an explosive corner shock jams him quick enough. He often gets caught looking over his shoulder and gets alligator arms going across the middle. He is a tough player but far from physical. Givens gives little effort as a blocker in the run game and is Tonly capable of being a decoy or running off his man.
Thanks for posting. Exciting to see that he had 1st round potential. I wonder why he fell, and I'm really exited to get him.
I don't really think he fell, this is just an extremely deep WR class. He just got lost in the shuffle a little. Seems like most of the big guys went early. He played every WR position at Wake and also ran the ball a little.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Rokevious Watkins? I like this pick. He's a mauler with underrated feet. Really big guy who could be a major sleeper pick.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
Rokevious Watkins? I like this pick. He's a mauler with underrated feet. Really big guy who could be a major sleeper pick.
I didn't scout him, be what I heard is that he is a mauler, massive run blocker. I like the pick, but now have to think that we will sign a FA LB when teams make their cuts.

steferfootball

Starter
Memento said:
Looking him up now. I'm glad we got a big OG.

CBS has him at 7-undrafted....hopefully this isn't like when the Billy D./Spags regime reached on players.

Memento

Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
I didn't scout him, be what I heard is that he is a mauler, massive run blocker. I like the pick, but now have to think that we will sign a FA LB when teams make their cuts.

I watched him a fair bit because I was watching a lot of Marcus Lattimore. Most of those long runs that Lattimore broke out were behind Watkins, who absolutely destroyed the defensive linemen he was matched up against. Watkins could stand to lose a few pounds because he struggled with speed rushers, but his athleticism is fairly good for a man his size.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
DR RAM said:
Memento said:

I watched him a fair bit because I was watching a lot of Marcus Lattimore. Most of those long runs that Lattimore broke out were behind Watkins, who absolutely destroyed the defensive linemen he was matched up against. Watkins could stand to lose a few pounds because he struggled with speed rushers, but his athleticism is fairly good for a man his size.
Thanks, I always believe scouting reports from people I relate to. We have some difference, but overall I think we see players the same way.

Which linebackers left do you like for us?

Memento

Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
DR RAM said:
Memento said:

Thanks, I always believe scouting reports from people I relate to. We have some difference, but overall I think we see players the same way.

Of course, you know that I want Trevathan. Terrell Manning out of N.C. State is also a good young player. Travis Lewis and Emmanuel Acho are also worth looking at.

Edit: Of course, Manning goes to the Packers and Massaquoi goes to the Falcons. Damn.

steferfootball

Starter
I kinda wanted J Massaquoi. He could be a situational rusher or something....its not like we've got any one there anyways. :razzed:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
DR RAM said:
Memento said:

Of course, you know that I want Trevathan. Terrell Manning out of N.C. State is also a good young player. Travis Lewis and Emmanuel Acho are also worth looking at.

Edit: Of course, Manning goes to the Packers and Massaquoi goes to the Falcons. Damn.
Yep, they keep getting away. Lewis and Acho are intriguing, and your boy was ultra productive. Fingers crossed. I still can't help but think that we gave away a starter last year to the Bears...

steferfootball

Starter
Memento said:
A kicker? What?
...? I'm not exactly happy with how Josh Brown's career has turned out, but it is a nice luxury to have a guy who can boot 50+ yarders.

When do we address punter?

Also, why are there no kicker/punter combo players? You'd think there'd be at least one.

bluecoconuts

Legend
steferfootball said:
Memento said:
A kicker? What?
...? I'm not exactly happy with how Josh Brown's career has turned out, but it is a nice luxury to have a guy who can boot 50+ yarders.

When do we address punter?

Also, why are there no kicker/punter combo players? You'd think there'd be at least one.

I think (but I'm not 100%) you have to carry at least one punter and one kicker on your roster. So you can't just have one guy to save space.

Memento

Name
Jemma
steferfootball said:
I love the droid Motorola razr commercial with the crying mom/daughter. lol

I absolutely hate that commercial. It's more annoying than younger siblings.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
Even after the 487th time they've shown it today? :x

steferfootball

Starter
Memento said:
steferfootball said:

I absolutely hate that commercial. It's more annoying than younger siblings.
X said:
steferfootball said:
Even after the 487th time they've shown it today? :x
487 views and you two can't appreciate greatness for what it is when you see it? smh