1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams 2012 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by DR RAM, Jan 6, 2012.

1. steferfootball Well-Known Member

I agree. I say only trade down one spot, maybe two. If you don't want Steven Hill, and trade to the Colts, you loose nothing and gain a pick. And given the time (overnight), we could leverage quite the deal to move down one spot.
    I'm iffy on Hill.

I'm starting to get excited for day two. We are finally getting offensive Help! :cool:

2. steferfootball Well-Known Member

I've started buffering 1.5 gigabytes of youtube prospect videos. lol

3. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

Heard earlier the Browns have Hill as their #3 ranked WR and are expected to pick Hill if he os there at 37.

I like Hill's potential but Im not sure Id draft him at 33, given the other options. He's is big and fast but isnt much of a receiver. Thomas and Megatron were more polished coming out.

Id definitely field calls from teams interested in 33 to come up and grab Hill. We also have leverage in negotiations because we need a WR. The Ravens are said to be interested in Hill and they have the picks to deal(including 35) Eagles too.

4. DR RAM Rams Lifer

If we like him with any of our 2nd round picks, we will have to grab him there I think, or he's gone.

5. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

Last night showed you can pretty much disregard any and all mock drafts, but for what it is worth PFT did a 2nd round mock this morning and had us selecting Randel(33), Silatolu(39), and Jenkins(45). Definitely would not be disappointed with those picks, especially 33 and 39. Would rather see Kendricks at 45, who they have still available, although Zach Brown falls to the 3rd

6. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

I guess I'm just not sold on any one WR that is left in this draft. I mean I like Sanu as well as Hill or Randle so I'm all for a trade down. I know the Rams can't move down too much and still get who they probably want but the Eagles scenario is workable to me. Trading with the Ravens wouldn't hurt at all because I think they would probably go with Upshaw or Hill and the Colts may well go with Konz or Fleener and the Rams could still get Glenn and pick #60 to boot.

7. HitStick Well-Known Member

Anyone else think Round two is Sam's round? I think we come away with protection and two weapons (unless Jenkins is there at 45)

8. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Casserly...God love him, have us taking Randle and Hill in the 2nd, and why not.

9. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

Josh Norris is suggesting we will take Brian Quick at 33.

I would be very disappointed in that move. Id be happy with Quick at the top of the 3rd. Top of the 2nd is a huge reach for a raw small school prospect that isnt anymore naturally gifted than Hill or Randel.

10. bluecoconuts Well-Known Member

Bucky Brooks has us taking Glenn at 33, Hill at 39, and Miller at 45... I would personally say David at 45 (he has him going to the Eagles at 46 to get that OLB built up more, but otherwise that's how I would go.

11. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Not sure how I feel about that. I like Rueben, and think he would be a great selection with our first pick. Hill, of course, has tremendous speed and size, but he's pretty far away from being a complete receiver at this level. I'll be happy with just Randle, Glenn, and BPA.

12. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Randle or Hill, Glenn or Massie, and David or Brown. Would be too good to be true.

13. steferfootball Well-Known Member

Randy Moss (the reporter) just said we are Taking Quick, the WR from App. State at 33.

Kinda a head scratcher. He could be at our third round pick...if you really like him, take him at 45.... :huh:

14. steferfootball Well-Known Member

LaCalifornia just said the same thing.

15. DR RAM Rams Lifer

If you love your guy, you GET him. I have no problem if that happens.

16. steferfootball Well-Known Member

Personally, (and I'm no nfl personell guy) I don't like him that much. He isn't my guy, so thats where I'm coming from.

He is the guy who didn't have a position coach, and didn't get coached much as a college player. So he is probably a blank slate...like Andrew Bynum. Could take much time to develop.

Quick is pretty low on my remaing WR list....not because he sucks, I just have other ahead of him.

17. steferfootball Well-Known Member

Ahh thats cool. Bruce was picked at 33.

18. steferfootball Well-Known Member

Issac Bruce and Torry holt just ensured that we have a stud in the future.

19. Ram Quixote Knight Errant

Damn. I can't get into chat while I'm at work ...

Wolfe was a big reach.

20. steferfootball Well-Known Member

Good to see that Fisher broght Pacman Jones with him.

We have a good locker room, and Fisher demands the respect of his players. Hopefully it works out.