Rams 2012 NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
Please. DO NOT trade these picks. Unless you get someone's first rounder next year and you don't have to drop very far. Hey, look at me telling Snead and Fisher what to do! Something tells me I should be on a different Rams board that's decorated in red with 5,000,000 ads.

All I'm saying is, I'm excited to have these high second rounders, and I'd very much like it if we could go BPA at positions of great need tonight. And I don't ask for much. I'm pretty frugal that way. Help a brothuh out, Snisher.
I agree. I say only trade down one spot, maybe two. If you don't want Steven Hill, and trade to the Colts, you loose nothing and gain a pick. And given the time (overnight), we could leverage quite the deal to move down one spot.
Memento said:
I'd gladly take a chance on Stephen Hill. The last two Georgia Tech wideouts (Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas) turned out to be pretty damn good players.

Still, Cordy Glenn might be too good to pass on at this point.
I'm iffy on Hill.

I'm starting to get excited for day two. We are finally getting offensive Help! :cool:

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Heard earlier the Browns have Hill as their #3 ranked WR and are expected to pick Hill if he os there at 37.

I like Hill's potential but Im not sure Id draft him at 33, given the other options. He's is big and fast but isnt much of a receiver. Thomas and Megatron were more polished coming out.

Id definitely field calls from teams interested in 33 to come up and grab Hill. We also have leverage in negotiations because we need a WR. The Ravens are said to be interested in Hill and they have the picks to deal(including 35) Eagles too.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:
Heard earlier the Browns have Hill as their #3 ranked WR and are expected to pick Hill if he os there at 37.

I like Hill's potential but Im not sure Id draft him at 33, given the other options. He's is big and fast but isnt much of a receiver. Thomas and Megatron were more polished coming out.

Id definitely field calls from teams interested in 33 to come up and grab Hill. We also have leverage in negotiations because we need a WR. The Ravens are said to be interested in Hill and they have the picks to deal(including 35) Eagles too.
If we like him with any of our 2nd round picks, we will have to grab him there I think, or he's gone.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Last night showed you can pretty much disregard any and all mock drafts, but for what it is worth PFT did a 2nd round mock this morning and had us selecting Randel(33), Silatolu(39), and Jenkins(45). Definitely would not be disappointed with those picks, especially 33 and 39. Would rather see Kendricks at 45, who they have still available, although Zach Brown falls to the 3rd

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I guess I'm just not sold on any one WR that is left in this draft. I mean I like Sanu as well as Hill or Randle so I'm all for a trade down. I know the Rams can't move down too much and still get who they probably want but the Eagles scenario is workable to me. Trading with the Ravens wouldn't hurt at all because I think they would probably go with Upshaw or Hill and the Colts may well go with Konz or Fleener and the Rams could still get Glenn and pick #60 to boot.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Anyone else think Round two is Sam's round? I think we come away with protection and two weapons (unless Jenkins is there at 45)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Casserly...God love him, have us taking Randle and Hill in the 2nd, and why not.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Josh Norris is suggesting we will take Brian Quick at 33.

I would be very disappointed in that move. Id be happy with Quick at the top of the 3rd. Top of the 2nd is a huge reach for a raw small school prospect that isnt anymore naturally gifted than Hill or Randel.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
Casserly...God love him, have us taking Randle and Hill in the 2nd, and why not.

Bucky Brooks has us taking Glenn at 33, Hill at 39, and Miller at 45... I would personally say David at 45 (he has him going to the Eagles at 46 to get that OLB built up more, but otherwise that's how I would go.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
Not sure how I feel about that. I like Rueben, and think he would be a great selection with our first pick. Hill, of course, has tremendous speed and size, but he's pretty far away from being a complete receiver at this level. I'll be happy with just Randle, Glenn, and BPA.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
Not sure how I feel about that. I like Rueben, and think he would be a great selection with our first pick. Hill, of course, has tremendous speed and size, but he's pretty far away from being a complete receiver at this level. I'll be happy with just Randle, Glenn, and BPA.
Randle or Hill, Glenn or Massie, and David or Brown. Would be too good to be true.

steferfootball

Starter
Randy Moss (the reporter) just said we are Taking Quick, the WR from App. State at 33.

Kinda a head scratcher. He could be at our third round pick...if you really like him, take him at 45.... :huh:

steferfootball

Starter
steferfootball said:
Randy Moss (the reporter) just said we are Taking Quick, the WR from App. State at 33.

Kinda a head scratcher. He could be at our third round pick...if you really like him, take him at 45.... :huh:
LaCalifornia just said the same thing.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
steferfootball said:
steferfootball said:

If you love your guy, you GET him. I have no problem if that happens.

steferfootball

Starter
DR RAM said:
steferfootball said:
steferfootball said:

If you love your guy, you GET him. I have no problem if that happens.
Personally, (and I'm no nfl personell guy) I don't like him that much. He isn't my guy, so thats where I'm coming from.

He is the guy who didn't have a position coach, and didn't get coached much as a college player. So he is probably a blank slate...like Andrew Bynum. Could take much time to develop.

Quick is pretty low on my remaing WR list....not because he sucks, I just have other ahead of him.

steferfootball

Starter
Good to see that Fisher broght Pacman Jones with him.

We have a good locker room, and Fisher demands the respect of his players. Hopefully it works out.