Rams 2012 NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Snead and Fish seem really positive about the second round. I think we will be fine.

Side note:

Two years in a row that we picked a DL with the 14th pick.

steferfootball

Starter
Memento said:
As for Brockers? I'm not impressed. I want him to succeed, I really do, but I feel that there were better options at that point (like DeCastro).
You and me both man. Personally, I consider him a top 10 talent...we had a shot at drafting a top ten offensive talent....Floyd or DeCastro, and I'm happy. Otherwise, I'd rather have Claiborne tbh.

(1) DeCastro
(2) WR
(2) DT
(2) LB

...I think that is a good haul.

What I think we should do now is go three offensive players in round two. I'd like Ashlon Jeffery, and Steven Hill. Maybe grab a guard or running back.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Personally, I see that drafting a DT with our first pick was a waste. I would love to be wrong but it seems that it was more reasonable to fill that gap with one of our multiple second round picks. I just can't picture Brockers as that high quality of a player even though he is huge.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramrasta said:
Personally, I see that drafting a DT with our first pick was a waste. I would love to be wrong but it seems that it was more reasonable to fill that gap with one of our multiple second round picks. I just can't picture Brockers as that high quality of a player even though he is huge.
I think Fisher/Snead saw the dropoff after Brockers to be too huge to pass up when compared to the relative closeness of all receivers they've evaluated. Now we have a pretty stout (and young) defensive line that is going to get really good together. The best way to keep pressure off of your own offense is to keep the score close and get the opposing offense off the field. Cordy Glenn in the 2nd and Reuben Randle (wish-list) would be excellent additions to the offense tomorrow.

steferfootball

Starter
Charlie Casserly says we should go "offense, offense, offense"

I am 100% on board with offense, offense, offense.

Casserly's list for St. Louis:
1) Ruben Randal WR LSU
2) Coby Fleener TE Stanford
3) Cordy Glenn OT/OG Georga

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
Ramrasta said:
I think Fisher/Snead saw the dropoff after Brockers to be too huge to pass up when compared to the relative closeness of all receivers they've evaluated. Now we have a pretty stout (and young) defensive line that is going to get really good together. The best way to keep pressure off of your own offense is to keep the score close and get the opposing offense off the field. Cordy Glenn in the 2nd and Reuben Randle (wish-list) would be excellent additions to the offense tomorrow.
But think about DeCastro...Him and Harvey Dahl? Oh dang. Wells isn't a great run blocking Center, but we could get some power up the middle.

There are still some good DTs on the board, and imo DeCastro > Brockers.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
steferfootball said:
X said:
Ramrasta said:
But think about DeCastro...Him and Harvey Dahl? Oh dang. Wells isn't a great run blocking Center, but we could get some power up the middle.

I think Glenn should be 33 then 39 Randle then if Jenkins is there we need to take him. Cardinals receivers are too good now lol

Rams seem to be high on Brian Quick too. I'll be watching that one.

steferfootball

Starter
QuantumOfSalas said:
steferfootball said:
X said:
Ramrasta said:

I think Glenn should be 33 then 39 Randle then if Jenkins is there we need to take him. Cardinals receivers are too good now lol

On quick:

Claimed at the Senior Bowl that he rarely received positional coaching at Appalachian State and that his experience with the Minnesota Vikings staff was first time he'd had a receivers coach.
Interesting tidbit. I think if we could sneak him in the top of the third, that'd be an interesting guy to watch.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
steferfootball said:
QuantumOfSalas said:
steferfootball said:
X said:
Ramrasta said:

On quick:

Claimed at the Senior Bowl that he rarely received positional coaching at Appalachian State and that his experience with the Minnesota Vikings staff was first time he'd had a receivers coach.
Interesting tidbit. I think if we could sneak him in the top of the third, that'd be an interesting guy to watch.
My opinion is that we don't have the luxury of waiting until the third....too many guys went already.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
DR RAM said:
steferfootball said:
QuantumOfSalas said:
steferfootball said:
X said:
Ramrasta said:

On quick:

My opinion is that we don't have the luxury of waiting until the third....too many guys went already.

Possibility of a Glenn, Randle, Quick type of 2nd round?

He's got skills for not having a positional coach. I had one of those at the JUCO level.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think because of the way the draft fell for WR's that the Rams will take the best one in their eyes with the first pick in the 2nd, UNLESS, they have at least 3 guys rated the same.

There are more than 3 Guard types left, but only 2 G/OT's left, IMO, and more than 3 LB's left. Talkng 2nd round types.

steferfootball

Starter
QuantumOfSalas said:
DR RAM said:
steferfootball said:
QuantumOfSalas said:
steferfootball said:
X said:
Ramrasta said:

On quick:

Possibility of a Glenn, Randle, Quick type of 2nd round?

He's got skills for not having a positional coach. I had one of those at the JUCO level.
Sorry, my bad. Quick in the third would assume that we were double dipping on WRs.

And I agree Sallas. Sometimes stuff like that slips through the cracks. Impressive considering.

steferfootball

Starter
Also, this rookie wage scale is really awesome. So many trades, such a fast first round. Defiantly the most interesting draft, though after the Brockers pick, I was kinda downhill for me.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Is anyone else thinking about Alshon Jeffery?

We was widely considered the number two receiver earlier in the year...

Dropping to round two can be some motivation to show up everyone who passed on him.

I believe, even though I have bashed him, that he has the tools to become a true number one.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
No on Jenkins, No on Jeffries. Trouble waiting to happen with those two.

I could see Glenn, Randle, Brown/David but I could also see another trade down if somebody is giddy about Upshaw. Do the Eagles need Upshaw? I could see the Rams giving 33 up for 46 and 51. They could still do pretty damn good at hole plugging with 39, 45, 46, and 51.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
No on Jenkins, No on Jeffries. Trouble waiting to happen with those two.

I could see Glenn, Randle, Brown/David but I could also see another trade down if somebody is giddy about Upshaw. Do the Eagles need Upshaw? I could see the Rams giving 33 up for 46 and 51. They could still do pretty damn good at hole plugging with 39, 45, 46, and 51.

I think the Ravens would love to get Upshaw. They have the 35th pick now. It just depends on how teams view him, and what other teams that may consider jumping up to get him. I was just checking out some info on him this morning and hes looked at as a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB. Didnt drop into coverage often at Bama.

steferfootball

Starter
JdashSTL said:
@RavensInsider: Already hearing rumors about the Rams getting calls for their first pick tonight. Teams are interested in Stephen Hill.
Not surprising. Happens every year since the new 3 day draft format.

I'd be hesitant to move down more than one or two spots. I really want Cordy Glenn and Ruben Randal.

I've said it before...Stephen Hill intrigues me, but we need a number one guy, Hill is too much of a project for us at the moment imo. If we had an outside threat and were looking for a complement, I'd draft him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:
@RavensInsider: Already hearing rumors about the Rams getting calls for their first pick tonight. Teams are interested in Stephen Hill.
Not surprising. Happens every year since the new 3 day draft format.

I'd be hesitant to move down more than one or two spots. I really want Cordy Glenn and Ruben Randal.

I've said it before...Stephen Hill intrigues me, but we need a number one guy, Hill is too much of a project for us at the moment imo. If we had an outside threat and were looking for a complement, I'd draft him.

I'd gladly take a chance on Stephen Hill. The last two Georgia Tech wideouts (Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas) turned out to be pretty damn good players.

Still, Cordy Glenn might be too good to pass on at this point.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Please. DO NOT trade these picks. Unless you get someone's first rounder next year and you don't have to drop very far. Hey, look at me telling Snead and Fisher what to do! Something tells me I should be on a different Rams board that's decorated in red with 5,000,000 ads.

All I'm saying is, I'm excited to have these high second rounders, and I'd very much like it if we could go BPA at positions of great need tonight. And I don't ask for much. I'm pretty frugal that way. Help a brothuh out, Snisher.