Rams #1 in pass defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We're also 30th in points allowed per game.

As a team, yes. Defensively? 4 rushing (including the 2 by Josh McCown scrambles and the one by CP). 6 TD passes allowed. Which is tied for 3rd with a few other teams.

Which just illustrates my point RE their performance considering the cirucumstances...not any better or any worst than any other team.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
DeMarco Murray, leads the NFL in rushing. His lowest game rushing this season, 100 yds, against the Rams. His ypc against us is 4.2, second lowest only to Seattle 4.0. Though we did give up his longest run, I like those numbers compared to other defenses. The 49ers and Hawks rank 5th and 6th run D in the league. We just need to play consistently on defense, and as a team in general.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think it's Williams scheme that is taking us so low defensively. I originally thought it would be great for our defense but I was terribly wrong. We have a great defensive line so why is it necessary to have a blitz-heavy defense? Our front 4 can handle it on their own but teams have figured out how to beat us when we send the extra men. They get the ball out quick in the gaps created by the blitzing LBs and it becomes easy completions with a chance for the player to make a move in the open field. Plus, when an RB gets to the second level, there are fewer guys there to make the tackle. The blitzes have proven to be awfully ineffective when sending 5 or 6 guys anyway and logically so. Almost any QB can make a short pass on us as long as they can stand in the face of pressure. They watch film so they are prepared for it and it's not fooling any teams.

AZRamsFan93

Again, the point is...the Rams, (you still with me?), defensively (the side of the ball that's supposed to stop the opponent), all things considered (meaning, the caliber of players they've gone up against), haven't been as terrible as the stats indicate when it comes to run defense.
That's your opinion. I think you are wrong. You still with me?
Again, 1 TD against the best backs in the league. The stats are skewed b/c of QB runs, multiple backs, and jet sweeps by Cordarrelle Patterson.
I did not realize that runs by players other than starting running backs did not count. I guess I will need to rethink my position.
And again, that wasn't the topic of my OP anyway. It was pass defense. And a couple days ago, it was #1. Unlike run D, yards on a pass play are what they are. They can't be skewed. IMO, that is pretty impressive. Especially we got 2 rookie CBs, a nobody at one of the safety spots, and only 1 healthy returning starter.

I'm not saying the Rams defensively are good right now. I'm just saying they aren't that bad. That's it.

Still too difficult a concept to grasp?
More news!! Yards on a pass play are what they are, and yards on a run play can be "skewed". I completely understand what you are saying. It just makes no sense.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's your opinion. I think you are wrong. You still with me?

Sure, I can folllow posts rather easily.

I did not realize that runs by players other than starting running backs did not count. I guess I will need to rethink my position.

I never anything of the like. I simply said the defensive performance of the top backs in the league. Not WRs (on jet sweeps/end around) or QB scrambles (usually not designed).

More news!! Yards on a pass play are what they are, and yards on a run play can be "skewed". I completely understand what you are saying. It just makes no sense.

Why not; is it because you don't agree with it? How can a designed pass play that is executed correctly be skewed? Last I checked, all pass plays are designed as such. Unless the QB scrambles and gets counted against rush defense, which as I already told you, is how rush stats can be skewed.