Ramhusker has gone Mock on yer arse!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I know mocks are arbitrary as hell and there are way too many variables for us armchairs to remotely understand what is going on behind the scenes but this is what I got.

Round 1

16. Alec Ogletree OLB - yep, another potential trouble maker that has slipped down the board to us.

22. Justin Hunter WR - just the next man up on the potential super star list.

Round 2

46. Jonathan Cyprien S - I know I know, wishful thinking he will still be on the board but hey, this is my frickin mock!

Round 3

78. T J McDonald S - Yep, another Safety, why? WE NEED HIM!!!

Round 4

113. Montee Ball RB - Nobody much is talking about this guy but every time I've watched him play, he has impressed the hell out of me. He is the complete package in my opinion and somebody is going to get a steal by picking him. It might as well be the Rams!

Round 5

149. Kwame Geathers DT - Yep, another nasty Bulldog. If you can keep this kid and Ogletree motivated and out of trouble, this D could get pure evil in short order.

Round 6

184. Sam Brenner OG - Versatile guy, played LOT and OG for Utah. Besides that both parents were collegiate athletes. Best of all, his mom in in the US MARINES!!!! Now how bad ass is that?

Round 7

222. T J Moe WR - Is this a Danny Amendola clone? Probably not but a versatile kid who looks like he has plenty of scrap in him. Also a homegrown product so that can't hurt.

Now fire away and tell me how off base I am. I like it though so it must be too good to be realistic.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hmm...like you said, Cyprien probably won't be in the second round. T.J. McDonald is a realistic option, even though I'm not a huge fan of him. Kwame Geathers is a very intriguing prospect; he didn't see a lot of time behind John Jenkins, but he showed some flashes when he did play. Massive run-stuffer who has shown glimpses of pass-rushing ability to go along with vine-like arms. Think Kellen Heard, but likely better.

T.J. Moe is the guy I want in the seventh. He reminds me so much of Amendola, and he'd be a very solid addition to our team.

All in all, a very interesting draft. I'd be okay with it.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
really like this Ramhusker but i really like Hopkins at that 22 spot. :beating: been watching alot of tape on him and he just adjusts to the ball better than any other reciever in the draft in my opinion. other than that i could live with this :good1:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not bad.

I like Montee Ball, but I'd still prefer to get the best RB this year if possible.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
Not bad.

I like Montee Ball, but I'd still prefer to get the best RB this year if possible.

Ball might just be the best Angry. He just gets it done. But that's just me talking. I know everybody has their favorite but I think Ball anywhere after the 3rd round is an absolute steal!!!

duckhunter

Starter
Would you please tell us which of Burkhead, Compton or Stafford fits the Rams team? Strengths, weaknesses and which round.

I'm interested in all three but I am very interested in your prospective on Stafford for the Rams.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
duckhunter said:
Would you please tell us which of Burkhead, Compton or Stafford fits the Rams team? Strengths, weaknesses and which round.

I'm interested in all three but I am very interested in your prospective on Stafford for the Rams.

I like Stafford. He can be a big play guy. He has good size, decent speed, and can have a knack for getting to the ball. But, he is flashy to me. He seems to disappear at times and becomes very ordinary. To me, he's worth a late round pick (6th or 7th) or at very least an UDFA who could make a lot of teams.

To be honest with you, Will Compton is very similar in that he seems to have some big games and in others, you never hear his name. He too will land on somebody's roster but may not get drafted.

Rex Burkhead is a warrior. He will make it in the NFL although he's not that fast on the clock but you would never know it watching him. Think of Amendola with 20 extra pounds. He's just tough, knows how to get yardage, doesn't shy away from contact and takes plenty of it. How will that translate to the NFL? I think that's a big question with Rex. Can he take the punishment his style of play will bring him? He's not bad avoiding some of it but it's just in his blood. He's a pretty good pass catcher and not too bad a blocker. If you remember Rocky Bleier that played for the Steelers, that's Rex Burkhead to me. Rex will probably get drafted late also because of his speed. (6th or 7th)

Of course, I'm a Husker fan so I love when the Rams draft them but it hasn't worked out too well in the past 20 years has it? (Lawrence Philips, Adam Carriker, Eric Crouch, Scott Shanle, Dejuan Groce) Well, there was Grant Wistrom.

All three could make the roster but not so sure any would be starters except maybe Stafford because the Rams are hurting for Safeties at the moment.

duckhunter

Starter
Thanks Ramhusker.

Yeah, two years ago Burkhead put up big #s. Rocky Bleier is a good comparison. The guy is a demon and will run over you and punish a defense. He's unrelenting and will expose 2nd level softness. A fun player to watch.

Compton seemed like he could take over a game and single-handedly shut down a run game. His run instincts seem very good to me. I really like that in a LB.

I'm really intrigued with Stafford. He's got the tools, instincts and his game seems to transfer well to the NFL. Myself, I see a possible starter in the future at FS if he's brought along correctly. He plays the centerfield so effortlessly. He may have the most upside of all the Corndoggies. He could be a very good addition to our team and if he's there late I got my pom-poms out. Actually, got em out for all three of these guys.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
duckhunter said:
Thanks Ramhusker.

Yeah, two years ago Burkhead put up big #s. Rocky Bleier is a good comparison. The guy is a demon and will run over you and punish a defense. He's unrelenting and will expose 2nd level softness. A fun player to watch.

Compton seemed like he could take over a game and single-handedly shut down a run game. His run instincts seem very good to me. I really like that in a LB.

I'm really intrigued with Stafford. He's got the tools, instincts and his game seems to transfer well to the NFL. Myself, I see a possible starter in the future at FS if he's brought along correctly. He plays the centerfield so effortlessly. He may have the most upside of all the Corndoggies. He could be a very good addition to our team and if he's there late I got my pom-poms out. Actually, got em out for all three of these guys.

+1 :cool: